The Other Bridge

Perks of Being an

It can't be.

Yeonhee will die first before she'll let a chance to make fun of me pass by. There's no way she knows about the contents of this letter. Her face this morning when she gave me this screams innocence. I never thought I'll use the words innocence and Yeonhee in one sentence but this would be one of those rare times.

Right. Calm down, Shim Changmin. It's only you who knows about this.
Err, you and Sooyoung.

Breathe in, breathe out.
Relax.

I folded the letter and put it back on its envelope. Now, where did I put that box containing all the letters given to me?

Before you judge, I'm not exclusively referring to love letters. By letters I mean, ALL letters. May it be letters of apology or those notes our homeroom teacher asked us to write to our classmates for valentines/white day/whatever or the letters of invitation and admissions I got from universities. Though I do admit the number of love letters basically overpowers all others.

C'mon, it's not like I chose to have these charms.

And if you're wondering why I'm keeping those letters, it's because I'm actually a very sentimental guy. It's a part of the whole charms package. Haha.

I finally found the box hidden beneath layers of clothes on my closet. I put the letter, stood up, and stretched my limbs. Just then my phone beeped noisily.

A text message from Junsu.

Okay, about Junsu. He's one of my first friends in college. I give him credit for being courageous and being the first one to approach me. Very lively, that guy. He's like our class jester, cracking jokes and telling all sorts of stories to keep the mood rolling. We thank him for making our university life bearable. After all, chemical engineering doesn't really give a 'fun' vibe compared to other degrees in college.

Junsu comes off as a very cheery guy for most people but he's actually really emotional. Very honest and quite sensitive too. I feel like I can trust him with some of my secrets. I actually really like him. In a platonic kind of way, you erted dips.

He 's also a good sport and doesn't mind it when he becomes the center of everyone's jokes. Heck, he doesn't even mind being Sooyoung's punching bag.

 

 

Hell.
Did I just mention her name?

 

Damn.
I think just did.


Geez.

 

But let's just consider that since Junsu's basically the reason why I knew about her. He says they knew each other back in high school. I once thought they were classmates or maybe even members of the same clique since they seem to be really close, being all violent on each other as a way of greeting. Turns out, they were from different schools and they just met each other in an inter-school event or something.

Lol, can you believe that?

I caught myself grinning stupidly and snapped out of it before somebody else might see me.


Ugh, why am I still thinking about her?

 

The phone's backlight was still flaring. I scrolled back and re-read Junsu's message.

“Changmin, the gang is going out tonight. Booze and babes, bro. You coming or you coming?”

Haha, this guy. Don't really care about the babes... but booze sounds great. Besides, we only have a few weeks left before the review classes start.

I'm looking forward for tonight's party.
Hopefully all these crazy thoughts plaguing me will leave before the night ends.