Now and Forever

The Promise

Bittersweet and strange, finding you can change, learning you were wrong

 

[I recommend you to listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zojMNsjPcN0&NR=1&feature=endscreen while reading the story]

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

From the very beginning, Tiffany’s family objected strongly on her dating this guy, saying that it has got to do with family background,  and that Tiffany will have to suffer for the rest of her life if she were to be with him.

Her name is Hwang Miyoung, or usually people call her Tiffany or Stephanie as she is a daughter of the richest family in Korea. She has so many talents those can make people feel jealous towards her, which caused her to have so many bullying experiences at her school.

She met this guy named Byun Baekhyun, one of her senior in her school who was not very popular and rich but nerd and weird. But Tiffany can never take her eyes away from him, she was falling in love secretly at this nerd guy who seemed like never paid attention on her. But Tiffany didn’t mind, even she knew about Baekhyun’s daily activity. In the morning, he would go to school by bus. In the afternoon, he would stay in the library reading ensiclopedies, she even saw him once reading a romance book. In the evening, he would pick up his little brother from his school.

Tiffany thought she had found her soulmate, and believe that Baekhyun is.

It was because one day, when Tiffany was bullied again by her seniors at around the girls toilet.

“Daughter from the richest family in South Korea, huh? What a pretty face you have.” Lee Jooyeon, leader of the badass girls in her school smirked. “You may stay quite and let us do the… Make up.”

The other girls laughed and started scratching Tiffany’s face with their sharp nails, Tiffany stayed in silent, since this has been an usual thing for her since she was still a kid. Scratches and bruises everywhere on her face and her body, even on the first day of school she already injured badly. But she blame nobody.

She felt the edge of her eyes being scratched and was trying to prevent her tears from falling. These girls had gone too far but she knew it’s just a waste to fight back.

“Hey you!”

The girls stopped. Tiffany opened her eyes weakly and saw a boy walking towards them. He looked so weird with a specs hanging on his eyes and holding some books about ‘How to raise a Toad correctly.’ For few seconds his eyes met her but then he looked at the girls, frowning.

“Um,” he cleared his throat, “I just wanted to ask you guys something, do you know that there are a lot of toads near here in the girls restroom? I often see it around.”

The girls including Jooyeon, raised their brows confusedly, some looked like they’re going to vomit out and some looked like they’re saying: “Oh really?”

“Yes, it’s maybe a little weird,” the boy tapped on his chin, “But trust me, I might have seen one of them jumped in your back, I mean, in your clothes..”

Gotcha.

Those girls widen their eyes in shock and start scratching their back fiercely. Some are running to random places and some are crying while running away/

Baekhyun took the advance to take Tiffany away from that place. He tapped on her shoulder slowly.

“Come on, I’ll take you to the school’s clinic.”

“Don’t.” she answered but quickly said, “I-I hate clinic.”

Unexpectedly, Baekhyun smiled. He took off his specs which showed the pretty look on his face, Tiffany thought that it made him looked so angelic. She wouldn’t think that he was a nerd if he stayed like that.

“Don’t worry, I won’t leave you there alone with clinic, okay?”

Tiffany was in love at the first sight with a strange guy named Baekhyun.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Due to family's pressure, the couple quarreled very often. Though Tiffany loved Baekhyun deeply, she always asked him,

"How deep is your love for me?"

 As Baekhyun is not good with his words, this often caused Tiffany  to be very upset. With that and the family's pressure, Tiffany often vents her anger on him. As for Baekhyun, he only endured it in silence.

After a couple of years, Baekhyun  finally graduated & decided to further his studies overseas. Before leaving, he proposed to Tiffany

"Listen, I'm not very good with words. But all I know is that I love you. If you allow me, I will take care of you for the rest of my life. As for your family, I'll try my best to talk them round. Will you marry me?"

Tiffany  agreed,  and Baekhyun’s determination, the family finally gave in & agreed to let them get married. So before he left, they got engaged. Tiffany went out to the working society, whereas Baekhyun was overseas, continuing his studies.

They sent their love through emails & phone calls. Though it was hard, but both never thought of giving up.

One day, while Tiffany was on her way to work, she was knocked down by a car that lost control.

When she woke up, she saw her parents beside her bed. She realized that she was badly injured. Seeing her mum cry, she wanted to comfort her. But she realized that all that could come out of was just a sigh.

Tiffany had lost her voice, the doctor says that the impact on her brain has caused her to lose her voice. Listening to her parents' comfort, but with nothing coming out from her, she broke down.

During the stay in hospital, besides silent cry. it's still just silent cry that accompanied her. Upon reaching home, everything seems to be the same. Except for the ringing tone of the phone which pierced into her heart every time it rang. She does not wish to let Baekhyun know  and not wanting to be a burden to him.

I shouldn’t let a guy like Baekhyun marry someone like me. I am not worthy for him.

Tiffany decided to wrote a letter to him saying that she does not wish to wait any longer. With that, she sent the ring back to him.

 In return, Baekhyun sent millions & millions of reply and countless phone calls. all Tiffany could do besides crying is still crying.

The parents decided to move away, hoping that she could eventually forget everything and be happy. With a new environment, Tiffany learnt sign language and started a new life. Telling herself everyday that she must forget Baekhyun.

One day, her friend came and told her that Baekhyun is back. Tiffany asked her friend not to let him know what happened to her. Since then, there wasn't anymore news of him.

A year has passed and her friend came with an envelope, containing an invitation card for Baekhyun's wedding. Tiffany was shattered. When she opened the letter,

 

Byun Baekhyun

&

Tiffany Hwang

 

Wedding Ceremonial

 

 

 

 

 

She saw her name printed on it instead.

 When she was about to ask her friend what was going on, she saw Baekhyun standing in front of her.... He used sign language to tell her.

"I've actually spent a year to learn this sign language.  Just to let you know that I've not forgotten our promise. Let me have the chance to be your voice.” Baekhyun slowly approached her and kissed Tiffany on the lips.

“I Love You." With that, he slipped the ring back into her finger. Tiffany finally smiled again while crying with tears of happiness and joy.