Stronger

Change

 

I take out my phone to send T.K a text

 

 

*I’m done do you still want to hang out?*

 

I sit on the bench at the bus stop and wait for his reply

 

 

*Come, we need to talk*

 

 

Oh crap he’s is mad, maybe a bad day at work again. I took the bus to his dorm. I knocked on the door, no one answer. I knock again and wait for someone to answer. Maru comes running and open it in a rush. I guess he was playing his video game

 

“Thank you”

 

“You’re welcome” He smiled nervously and runs back into his room. Everyone acts like this when T.K gets mad, which is pretty often. I take off my shoes; I can see the angry T.K sitting on the sofa pretends to listen to his music. Knowing him this long, he doesn’t even have any music on, he just want to show me that he is angry.

 

“Hi” I greet like normally, he ignores. I walk to the sofa and stand right in front of him. “Hi” I try again; he slowly takes off his headphone. I glance over at his IPod and just as I suspected no music is play. The iPod is actually off; I look back at him right away. If I point out I would hurt his pride.

 

“Hi”

 

Then goes the same old awkward silence, I don’t find it as awkward as the first time. I just take a seat next to him on the sofa. He gets up and drinks some water and ignore my presence

 

“Bad day at work?” I ask

 

“No”

 

“Then why are you mad?”

 

“I’m not mad”

 

“You said we need to talk so talk” I urge, he hesitate for few second

 

“How come you didn’t want to watch fireworks with me today? I had something important to tell you. Aren’t you the one who always nagging me to take you somewhere?” T.K went straight to the point; well its hurt a bit to hear him said that I have to nag him to go out with me. So he thinks that I’m a bother? Do I have to nag him for him to go eat with me?

 

“Last time you were nagging me to go with you and today you rejected me” he continue

 

 

*In case you go far away, I am scared

What if our relationship gets really awkward

And we grow far apart?*

 

 

He pauses due to my ringtone. I search through my bag and phone my phone

 

*Calller Kris* why is he calling did something happens to Eva? It’s 12 A.M, they still have an hour until her flight leaves.    

 

“Hello?” Kris asks right when I pick up, the sound is on extreme loud due to earlier I try to hear T.K when the fireworks were too loud. T.K head turns to my direction right when he hear Kris’ voice. I lower the volume a bit.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Eva is having a mental breakdown and she won’t talk to me and she is asking for you.” I can hear sadness in his voice and crying in the background.

 

“Who is it?” T.K try to look at the caller I.D, but I turns away. Seeing Kris’ name is going to make him madder “I SAID WHO IS IT?” T.K yells,

 

“Did I call at a wrong time?” Kris hear the yelling

 

“No just turn the speaker on so she can hear me” I whisper and head toward the restroom and close the door behind me; Kris turns the speaker on so that I can talk to Eva.

 

“It’s okay you will be fine. I will always here supporting you okay? Stop crying you will be back after few months’ right? So don’t worry, we will see eachother soon.”

 

 

The door was slams open. Before I could react to the situation T.K grab my phone and threw it to the floor. My phone smashed into pieces right in front of my eyes. The members came running when they hear the sound checking on us.

 

 

 

 

“LEE MINWOO!!!!!” I scream at him, T.K and s froze as they never heard me raise my voice before. I never been this angry, hell I’ve never screamed like this my whole life. “Every time we go on date, I have to nag you to go with me? Excuse me; it’s your girlfriend asking you to go on date, not your mother nagging you about cleaning up your room. Who is the one that always rejected me and choosing sleeping over me especially on Christmas? WHAT I CAN’T EVEN SEE MY BEST FRIEND BEFORE SHE GOES OFF TO ENGLAND????? If you hate my nagging so much then you don’t have worry since the phone is broken and you won’t be hearing from me ever again” I glared at him and walk pass by him.  

 

“Noona he’s just mad he doesn’t know what’s he’s talking about” Maru stop me at the door.

 

“Yeah he’s not in his right mind” Ray and other members all try to stop me from leaving

 

“I know him, but sorry I’m done” I give them a weak smile and push my way through them. I walk on the empty street and finally let the tears stream down my face. I know T.K had a bad day but this is not the first time he acts like this, I was fine with it, but today he went overboard.

 

 

 

 

A week passed, I went to visit my parents, who live in the countryside.  The air is fresh and the view is just beautiful. Today I have to go back to work, the city life is tiring.

 

“Thank you and have a nice day” the T-Mobile worker helps me open the door. I have a new phone and a new number, only my parents and Eva knows my new number. I wonder how T.K is doing, I need to stop thinking about him.

 

“Excuse me, you drop something” a hand gentle tap my shoulder

 

“Oh my cookie recipe, thank you” I put the recipe into my handbag instead of my back pocket now

 

“No problem” the stranger smiles, I look at him and notice that he is very good looking. However, my heart doesn’t skip a beat like when I saw…I need stop thinking about him. *We’re over now*

 

“A cookie recipe? May I ask who the lucky guy is?”

 

“He is the past now” I feel my chest tighten as I say the word ‘past.' It’s hurts to say it out loud.

 

“So you are not taken, lucky me to meet a beautiful lady like you” I feel goose bumps forms all over my body. No one can get any cheesier than this. T.K never called me beautiful, he always make fun of my messy and short height. Then how come I prefer that to this cheesy guy? T.K never even brought me anything for our anniversary. He barely give me this bracelet for my birthday. So why do I still love him?

 

“She is beautiful, but she’s mine so back off” I felt the familiar arm around my shoulder. I immediately thinking of stay this way forever, but the word ‘nagging’ come across my mind and brought me back to reality. I pushed my arm away and face him with a glare.

 

“Who said I was yours? Well, excuse you, I was about to tell this gentleman that I’m single and more than happy to have lunch with him” I grab the stranger arm and walks away. After taken few steps, I couldn’t help, but to look back at T.K. He’s getting back onto the company van in his stage costume. Maybe he’s on his way to his performance; he doesn’t look too good, is he ill?

 

“So where are we going?” I forgot that I was holding the cheesy stranger hand; I quickly let it go and apologize to him.

 

“It’s okay I understand, but since we already here. Let’s get a drink together at least” he smiles a real smile. He looks totally different from the cheesy image earlier. It’s like he have two personalities

We had fun talking to each other, I found out that his name is Kai somehow the name sound really familiar. I guess it’s a common name.

 

“Oh C-clown is on, turns the volume louder” some girls shouts to the shop owner. I couldn’t bear to see him right now; I try to focus on talking to Kai.

 

“So let’s talk about first love…oh wait why does the member sitting so far away from T.K, are you guys arguing?”

 

“I have something to say” T.K deep voice caught my attention as I stop talking, but still facing Kai. “The truth is I just recently broke up with my girlfriend. We dated for almost two years, our anniversary is coming soon, but I made a stupid mistake and now she’s gone. She wouldn’t want to see me so I want to use this chance to apologize” T.K clear his throat and stare straight at the camera

 

“So-jin, I’m really sorry that I was being selfish and didn’t consider your feelings and opinions. I was wrong to not buy you anything for our anniversary”

 

“Are you sure you want to do this because she might get hates from your fans.” Shindong from super junior ask in concern

 

“It’s okay, our fans are very lovely and considerate. I don’t think they will want to harm the person that I love the most right? The reason all the members are sitting over there is because they hate me for being a jerk. I just saw So-jin earlier and she should be eating with a Sunbaenim from a popular idol group.” T.K suddenly broke into out laughing making everyone surprise and looking at him as if he finally gone insane “but knowing her she probably doesn’t even know who he is, she only know about C-Clown”

 

I turn to Kai who is smiling at T.K comment. Who is he? I don’t know any other group besides C-Clown. Kai notice my question face and just shrug as if mocking me.

 

“Well, that’s all the time we have for today. Thank you C-clown for making this broadcast very interesting and T.K for sharing his story. Everyone let’s hope So-jin sees this and realize that T.K is very sincere.”

 

This is weird, I sit there in shock. I have never heard T.K apologize.

 

“He’s very sincere” Kai interrupt my thinking, that’s right I forgot

 

“Who are you?” T.K said that he’s a sunbaenim so he’s not in a rookie group. Who can he be?

 

“I’m Kai from Exo, I heard a lot about you from Kris and Eva.”

 

“The same group as Kris? Kris in an idol group? What?” I couldn’t process the info in my head at all. Eva never told me anything besides Kris’ name.

 

“That doesn’t matter right now. I suggest you forgive T.K”

 

“It’s my decision” I paid for the drinks and exit the shop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

C-clown members and I came back to the dorm after the radio broadcast. I was yelled at for confessing about my relationship status by the managers, but the members are smiling at me and talking to me again.

 

 

“It’s okay man at least you apologize” Rome hyung pat my shoulders. I smile weakly at him, I feel a bit light headed since this morning; maybe because I haven’t eat the whole day. My head starts to spin as I head for my room. I collapse right at the door of my room. I can see the members running toward me in slow-motion; I don’t hear anything even though their mouths are moving. Then there was darkness and silent.

 

 

 

“T.K” an angelic voice waking me up from my sleep. Who is it?

 

“If you don’t wake up I will go to Rome’s...” I sat up right away and grab her hand out of instinct. The conversation is way too familiar. I open my eyes to see So-jin smiling face. “Am I dreaming?” I pinch my arm, So-jin slap my hand away

 

“You’re still sick, don’t hurt yourself” So-jin gently push me back down onto the bed.

 

“Go back to sleep...no wait eat your porridge first.” Why is she here? I don’t want to go back to sleep what if I wake up and she’s gone?

 

“Don’t worry it’s not poison, even though it might taste weird since it’s my first time making this.”

I laugh as I remember the first time she try to make chocolate for me on Valentine. It had a weird taste to it, but it’s still good.

 

“I’m so...” I began, but she press a finger against my lips.

 

“Stop talking, eat this and sleep”

 

“Okay” I use almost all my strength to sit in an upright position. I feel so weak.

 

“Here,” she scoop a spoonful of porridge up, blowing at it to cool it down before feeding me it; she repeated the process until the bowl was empty, shushing me every time I tried to talk.

 

“Drink this medicine” I swallow the medicine and drink some water that she gave.

 

“Go back to sleep now and when you wake up you will feel better” she straighten out the blanket and put it on me.

 

“Will you be here when I wake up?”

 

“Of course not” she answer right away, I felt as if I was being stab in the heart at her answer. “It’s 7 P.M the next you wake up will be around early in the morning of course I won’t be here, but if you want I can come visit right when my shift is over”

 

“I would like that” the medicine makes me feeling so sleepy. I try to stay awake so I can talk to So-jin longer, but the medicine puts me to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“This is tiring” I lean over the counter since there no customer. I wonder if T.K is still sick. I want to see him, stupid work.

 

“Stop daydreaming, your shift is almost over” my coworker nag

 

“Can I leave a bit early today?” I been working since morning and I didn’t get much sleep yesterday.

 

“Fine go leave get out of here” my manager shoo

 

“Yes, you’re the best manager” I changed out of the uniform. Should I buy T.K something before visiting him? I smile happily at the thought of seeing him. I skips my way out of my work place into the crowded street.

 

“So-jin” I turns to find T.K leaning against the wall outside of my work place.

 

“What are you doing here?” I walk back to where he is “You should be resting”

 

“I want to pick you up, this is the first time isn’t?” I nods he always too busy to come or scared of the fans.

 

“Well, get use to it because I will come here very often from now on” he grab my hand into his. We walk hand in hand on the crowded street not caring about anything because right we are together and that’s all that matter. Love is not always painful if you chose the right person to give your heart to and never take the other person for granted. We don’t know how long our love will last, but right now we just want to enjoy the moment and not think too much about the future because what’s come will comes.

 

                                                                                                                   THE END :)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Okay yes I know the end is super cheesy, but that's the only way I can end it. Hope you enjoyed it :))))))))))))))