o2|| Tell Me! Tell Me!

Too Scared To Love 난 두려워

DONGHAE POV (3RD PERSON):

- “Yah Lee Donghae!”

Donghae paid no attention; he was too busy pondering why the hell he acted so straightforward this morning with Yoona, without
considering his personality. It’s just not like him to do something like that.

- “I’m so sick of this, AISH!”

Donghae roared in annoyance and impatience. He turned to see 10 pairs of eyes staring at him in a mixture of slight fright and amusement. He jumped back a little and made a face and turned away to face the window again.

- “I-I-It’s polite to listen when someone talks to you, h-h-hyung.”

Ryeowook didn’t usually know how to react to s when they’re angry. He tends to stay off at a distance.

- “Don’t be scared Ryeowook, haha! He’s in L-O-V-E.”

Donghae instantaneously wheeled around to claim complete denial.

- “MWOH? I don’t think so, idiots!”

- “Chill, Hyukjae told us…”

At that moment Donghae immediately scanned for Hyukjae (Eunhyuk) who was tiptoeing away from the scene of the crime.

- “You, come back here… NOW!”

Donghae shouted. Leeteuk went over and grabbed Eunhyuk and dragged him back.

- “You’re dead later (to Eunhyuk). As for the rest of you: if you spill this, your fans will no longer be able to see their favorite idol ever again.”

Leeteuk and Kyuhyun started laughing and reassuring. Ryeowook was still in shock. Eunhyuk and Siwon gave each other telepathic messages and high-fived each other. Donghae knew he was going to be cornered by them later, he snorted in annoyance.

- “How did this even happen?! My poor Yoonie going to be taken by another man, I’m watching you!!”

Leeteuk joked, but was telling the truth. He is like an older (and whiny) brother to Yoona.

- “Hyukjae told me about the candy. Dude, that was smooth!”

Siwon whispered so only Donghae could hear and then playfully punched his shoulder. Donghae shot Eunhyuk another look and he and Siwon high-fived again.

- “Hyung, you need to make a faster move. Get on with it!”

Kyuhyun teased while making a “choo-choo train” motion with his arms. The other four roared with laughter while
Donghae stood there thinking:

‘#$%@ my life.’


- An Hour Later In The Van -


- “Donghae-ah. So when did you start liking her?”

Yesung unexpectedly asked him.

- “You know, too? What the hell!?”

- “Aish, just tell!”

Siwon cut in. The rest of the car (Kangin, Leeteuk, Shindong, Eunhyuk, and Kibum) all turned to listen with curious ears.

- “Yeah… the whole group knows now; courtesy of Hyukjae. “

Leeteuk reported. The culprit made a peace-sign and grinned from ear to ear.

- “MWOH? Aish…Fine… It started…”


YOONA POV (3RD PERSON):

- “Unnie! It’s your turn!”

Amber poked her sunbae to get her attention. They were at the bowling alley near the SM building. The teams were Amber, Yoona, Sulli, Taeyeon, Jessica, Victoria, and Hyoyeon against Sooyoung, Tiffany, Krystal, Luna, Seohyun, Sunny, and Yuri.

- “Eh? Ah, araso.”

Yoona went to pick up the bowling ball.

- “Yah, we’re going to win with Yoona!”

- "Yep, no one can beat her now!"

- "Go unnie, hwaiting!"

Yoona took a deep breath, and then she remembered what Donghae taught her. He was a very good bowler himself.Yoona remembered the time she, Donghae, Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Taeyeon, Jessica, and Minho (SHINee) went to go bowling. She wasn’t very good then.


- FLASHBACK -

- “Im Yoona, how can you be this bad?”

Leeteuk joked as Yoona made yet another gutterball.

- “Noona, WE’RE GOING TO LOSE!”

The ever-so competitive Minho complained.

- “Jungsoo Oppa, I’m trying!”

She put on a puppy face:

- “Help me!”

She turned around again to face the pins. She heard footsteps behind her and someone had put his/her arm around her waist and the other arm on top of her hand on the ball. She expected Leeteuk so she was about to elbow him lightly and instead found
herself inches away from Donghae’s face.

- “A-A-Ah! Oppa!”

She was shocked, yet she didn’t feel the need to push away anymore. He chuckled and told her to face the pins. With his motions guiding her, they threw the ball together. Although not managing to get a strike, they were able to hit 8 of the pins.

- “Oppa! We did it, we did it! YAY!!”

Yoona spun around to face Donghae who was laughing and still holding her close to himself. She jumped up and
down for a few more seconds and realized he still had his arm touching her waist. If you stood from afar, it looked like the girlfriend was in the boyfriend’s arms, cheering happily.

- “Haha! …Ah, uh, miahnae…”

Donghae looked down and released her. But Yoona already felt the effects. She turned around again to face the front feeling the warmth lingering on her waist; trying her best not to let Donghae see her face, not to let him see her feelings. That was the last thing she wanted: to be discovered. She was scared, shy, and pessimistic about what the boy who helped her thought.

Unknowingly to her, he too felt the odd effects. Yet, it felt right to be next to her, just like a gut feeling. He stretched his hand that was around her waist earlier. He still had her scent that always surrounded her in his head. He’s smelled it many times, but this time, it came like a tsunami.

- “Cotton and cucumber, Oppa!”

That’s what she said the scent was a long time ago and she never stopped wearing it. It was fresh and calming to Donghae.
SHE was fresh and calming to Donghae.

- END OF FLASHACK -


Yoona threw the ball, and didn’t get the strike she wanted. She hit 8 of the pins.

- ‘Odd? That’s the same as what I got back then…’

Behind her, the other team jumped up in victorious glory. They won by one pin.

- “Aish! Miahnae Taeyeon Unnie, haha!”

Yet she felt bad, she was always since then used as the last weapon to deliver the win to her team. Trying to pass it off as a mistake, she walked back to her seat.

- “Victoria, Sulli, Luna, Amber, Krystal! You guys are recording with SHINee first! Why did you come here, you were supposed to be rehearsing!”

Their manager came in and scolded them.

- “Oppa, we did earlier today! It’s so late, why do we have to do it now?"

- “Because they’re going to move up the release date by a week, you guys just need to record the chorus part for both your groups and Luna needs to do the duet with Jonghyun for the other song.”

- “Oppa, I thought we were just going to rehearse that?”

- “Both, you’re going to record also and.. oh! Come on, we’re going to be late girls!”

f(x) rose up and hugged the SNSD members goodbye.

- “Krystal, don’t forget to text me so we can call mom about the plans!”

Jessica reminded her sister in English. A few minutes later, SNSD’s manager also dropped by and took all the members but Sooyoung, Taeyeon, and Yoona to rehearse their song for Music Bank which would be with some of the 2AM and 2PM members.

- “Ah, should we just go home?”

- “Yeah, let’s go back…Yoona? Yoona!”

Taeyeon shook Yoona.

- “Yah, what’s up with you lately? You’ve been spacing out all day? That’s so unlike you!”

- “AND you ate all that candy Donghae Oppa gave you and you aren’t even hyper. You even didn’t get a strike! “

Yoona still didn’t hear.

‘Donghae Oppa, he’s been so teasing lately... no it might be just him being a good oppa… I can’t let myself think too much…’

- “MWOH???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The clerk helping with other customers with their shoes looked over in surprise. Sooyoung bowed in a quick apology. Yoona finally woke herself back up and turned to see two shocked faces.

- “Unnie, Sooyoung… what’s with the faces?”

- “What’s this about Donghae Oppa??!!”

What Yoona didn’t realize, she voiced out her thoughts out loud once again. She tends to voice her thoughts aloud when she is in deep thought.

- “Yoona. TALK. NOW!”

- “Tell me! Tell me Yoona!"

DONGHAE POV (3RD PERSON):

- “Seriously? I thought something was funny when I teased you about that after you walked away from Yoona! You got so defensive!”

Leeteuk asked surprised.

- “Cotton? Who can smell cotton? Does it even smell?”

Yesung still wondered.

- “I can’t believe you still put your hands on her waist. People were there, you couldn’t have instructed her from afar?”

Kibum teased.

- “Yah! You’re a real man, don’t listen to Kibum!! He’s a wussy!”

Kangin exclaimed. Kibum hit him.

- “Dude, I’ll help you out! I’m already set for life with my woman!!”

Shindong winked.

- “Donghae, just listen to your feelings.”

Siwon advised like a father.

- “She didn’t even look at me for the rest of the night. It was like she thought I was a pest or something. She doesn’t care about it, she probably thought it was just me being an oppa helping her.”

Donghae said in disappointment. But nonetheless, his feelings were as strong as ever.


YOONA POV (3RD PERSON):

- “Im Yoona, seriously? You obviously like him, express it more. Maybe he’s into you!”

Sooyoung bumped her waist, giggling.

- “ANIYO! NO WAY! He cannot see my real feelings, he’ll think I’m crazy! I’m never going to show them. Besides, he wouldn'tcare for someone as plain as me!”

- “Then how will you ever find out what happens with him? You need to forget the past and learn to open up again. I think it sounds like he likes you a lot, Yoona.”

Taeyeon said with comforting tones. It was too hard to forget the past. Yoona just couldn’t forget the past.

- “Then what about the candy this morning?!”

- “Candy? He gave you what?! I didn’t hear about this! TELL ME! TELL ME!”

Sooyoung shouted with surprise and excitement.

- “Okay, okay. But please don’t tell this to anyone else. You two are my closest sisters here and please don’t say anything, not even to the rest of the members. I don’t want people to find out about this!”

- “FINE! JUST TELL ME! TELL ME!”