Peace Amid A Storm

Peace Amid A Storm

With a loud bang, the can you just kicked landed on the sidewalk. The pouring rain was cold and hard in your face. Your hoodie was already soaked, no longer giving you any form of protection from the storm that was going on. Quite honestly, you felt like crying. About half an hour ago you had left your friend’s birthday party. Your car had been in perfect shape back then, until you were halfway. Out of the blue, smoke was coming out of the hood and made you pull over. Now, you didn’t know much about cars, but smoke like that wasn’t a good sign. But that was as far as your knowledge went. You could only panic as you stared at the one object you really needed right now. This stupid car… How were you going to be able to go home now? The panic only got worse when you realized your phone was dead; there was no other solution than walking. Then of course, it had to start raining. This scene seemed too much like straight out of a horror movie. The streets were dark, foggy and there was literally no one around. It was quite upsetting really. ‘Just my luck’ you thought as you tried to keep yourself from getting scared. It wasn’t easy with the silence and your inevitable paranoia that always occurred in the middle of the night. Your eyes scanned the place, trying to see something familiar. The fog was making it hard to find your way home. Surely it would take hours and it already was way past midnight. You groaned loudly while kicking the can once more. It flew across the road, hitting a street sign. Your heart flipped three times as you read it. This street was close to your boyfriend’s dorm!

You started to walk faster; relieved by the fact that you would soon find a place to hide. It took you a few minutes to realize it also meant you were nowhere near your own apartment. Not to mention it was the middle of the night. Kevin, your boyfriend, had worked all day. In fact, you knew he also had important recordings tomorrow with all the U-KISS members. He’d probably be asleep at this time, or at least too tired to drive you home. “Doesn’t hurt to try though.” you told yourself when lighting made the sky lit up. This was no weather to be outside, especially not in the middle of the night. It freaked you out. Surely the boys would understand. So you started to run to his place.

Soon you stopped in front of the enormous building. A smile flashed across your face as you saw light coming from their living room. At least someone was still awake. With your extra key, you opened the front door and quickly headed for the elevator. Usually you refrained from using this key, figuring it was disrespectful since it wasn’t your place. But now you feared that ringing the bell might wake some of them up. You didn’t want that, so going up and knocking the door would be your next step. Gently you did so, making sure it was loud enough to hear. You heard footsteps getting closer before a person opened the door. You nervously fidgeted with your fingers.

“___-ah?” Dongho’s voice said as he looked at you. He was obviously surprised at your presence. You couldn’t exactly blame him; it was the middle of the night after all. “Who is it?” Eli’s familiar voice called from the living room. Dongho gestured for you to get in and went back to the living room. You followed in his trail, trying to ignore the coldness of your clothing that clung to your skin. “It’s ____-ah!” he exclaimed with a grin on his face before he sat down. A weak smile was painted on your lips as you took notice of all the people present in the room. AJ, Soohyun, Eli and Dongho were sitting comfortably on the couch, playing videogames. Of course all of their attention was now focused on you, standing there completely soaked while feeling slightly awkward. “What happened to you ___-ah? Did you jump in a pool?” Eli joked, making the others chuckle. Though, at the multiple mentions of your name, a familiar person came running into the living room. “What are you saying abo—jagiya!” Kevin’s surprise voice said as he stared at you. You started to blush heavily at the sight of him. Not because of his presence of course. But because it was hard to miss the fact that he was , except for the towel covering his lower parts.

“Aish Kevin, you could wear clothes, you know.” Soohyun said, chuckling. “What happened to you, jagi? You are completely wet! Come let’s get you out of those clothes!” Kevin said, ignoring the others. “Now he’s trying to get her to take off her clothes too.” Eli added grinning from ear to ear as you started to blush more and more. “Well, it explains why he’s not wearing clothes himself.” Soohyun added. Before you knew it they were all laughing out loud and Kevin turned in their direction. “That’s not what I implied!” he said in a slightly whiny tone. “That’s not what I impliieeed!” AJ copied him, making it sound even whinier. This made both Soohyun , Dongho and Eli burst out laughing again. “Aissh.” Kevin said, grabbing your hand real quick. “Let’s go.” He said, pulling you to his room while the others were cheering. “Have fun!” AJ yelled after the both of you. As soon as the door closed, the noise disappeared.

“Mianhae, I didn’t mean to ruin your evening.” You said softly, feeling a bit guilty for disturbing his night like this. Obviously he was getting ready to go to bed and here you were, completely changing his plans. “Don’t be silly. I missed you, so it’s good to see you.” Kevin said, taking your face between his hands. You couldn’t help but smile at his words. Though your cold skin reminded him of the situation you were in. “What happened anyway? Why didn’t you call me?” he said, worry sounding through his voice. “I… My car broke down on the way home. And my phone bailed on me.” You said weakly. “Jagi, you need to remember to charge your phone more often. This isn’t the weather or the time to be walking outside on your own. Look at you, you’re soaked!” He said, making you feel a bit guilty. It was true; it was stupid of you to forget it. “Thank god you got here safely though.” He added, his thumb caressing your cheek before he pulled you into a deep kiss. The feeling of his warm lips, kissing your cold ones so passionately, made you shiver.

“I’ll get some dry clothes for you.” He grinned, quickly walking to his dresser. Without hesitation, he pulled out a pair of loose pajama pants and one of his shirts. “Here, I’m sure those will fit.” He grinned, tossing them at you. You hesitated for a second, looking around. Did he expect you to change here? In front of him? Now, it wasn’t like things didn’t already go further between you and Kevin. But most of that had happened in a darker room. This way, he could see everything. And your bra didn’t even match your today! He chuckled as he noticed the doubt that filled your eyes. Instantly, he came closer to you. “Don’t you want to undress in front of me?” he grinned, lips inching closer to yours again. It made you gasp for air, once again aware of the fact that he was only wearing a towel. You tried to say something and push him away playfully. You know, to try and make it look like you didn’t feel shy at all. But by trying so, the clothing you were holding fell out of your hands. Instinctively you reached for it, accidentally brushing your hand over his towel, over his… ‘Oh god.’ You realized, seeing the startled look in his eyes and the pink spreading across his pale skin. A small smile spread across his face, looking at you shyly. “You could’ve just asked.” He managed to bring out, before slamming his lips against yours.

For a moment you were completely absorbed in his kiss. Your body no longer felt the cold clothing sticking onto your skin. His actions were enough to make you feel warm to the core and so much more. Just as your hand was about to trail down his abdomen to rip off the towel, a voice reached your ears. Your mind didn’t progress what the person said, but it did make you realize the other U-KISS members were in the next room. You stopped in your tracks and – to your own disappointment- managed to break you and Kevin apart rather easily. “Not now.” You said, giving him an apologetic smile. “They could hear us.” You continued as he played with a strand of your hair. “They already think we’re doing it anyway.” He said, trying to convince you. “Doesn’t matter, I don’t want to risk them hearing us.” You replied. He knew you always felt like this when the others were home. He couldn’t blame you for it. After all, the guys would make jokes about it if they heard something. He didn’t mind that too much, but he knew you found it a bit embarrassing. “Okay, okay, you get changed here. I’m going to go get my clothes in the bathroom.” He said sweetly, before heading for the door and leaving you all by yourself.

You quickly changed into his comfortable outfit, finding it to fit perfectly. The T-shirt was slightly longer than it should be, but still okay to sleep in. You sat down on his bed, patiently waiting for his return. After a while, the door opened and your boyfriend entered. “Hi there.” He grinned, sitting down next to you in his boxers only while holding a cup. “I brought you some hot chocolate, to warm up.” He said, handing it to you. “Aw, you shouldn’t have.” You smiled, immediately sipping it. It tasted great. Kevin always knew how to make you happy, he couldn’t be more perfect. Gently his arms s around your waist, pulling you towards him. He was leaning against the headboard, holding your waist while you sat between his legs and leaned against his chest. His soft lips kissed your collarbone while you drank from your cup. It was nice being here, him holding you, feeling warm and happy.

“Are you sure you don’t mind me staying?” you asked, wanting to make sure. You knew he had to get up early in the morning. “I’m happy to have you here jagiya.” he whispered in your ear, before pressing a kiss on your jawbone. “I’m happy to be here.” You smiled, turning around to lock your lips with his once again. Maybe going through a storm this evening wasn’t too bad after all.