Surprise Visit

The Lioness

It was time to leave since it was hours after dark now. We all wished Jin Ah a happy birthday and then were ushered out of the house by her parents. As a car pulled up to pick up a few of the boys I declined the ride that was offered to my by Bom and Jihyo. It would be too much hassle to drive me all the way to my house from theirs when I can just walk.

"Don't worry about her, I can walk her home," said Yongguk as he came to stand next to me. I looked at him out of the corners of my eyes and raised my eyebrows. He just shrugged and pulled me along after him.

We walked in the darkness for what seemed like an entire hour before we finally got to the street lamp that was so familiar to the both of us. We came to a halt and just stared at each other for a minute. I remembered when he cornered me into the wooden fence behind me and kissed me and then when I came out to see him all bloody. Then when we had parted ways so many times at the turn.

"So um," he said while looking at the ground and scratching the back of his head. He looked nervous about something.

"What's wrong Yongguk?"

He immediately stood strainght and dropped his arm from his head. His poker face was back and I knew that I wasn't going to get anything out of him as an explanation. "Nothing."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever."

"So I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah."

With that, we turned and began walking in opposite directions. Not once did we look back at each other and I just decided to forget about what happened at the party tonight. I smirked and shook my head. It was just typical Yongguk to play off something as nothing. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. It was probably something going on at home again. At that thought my smirk disappeared.

Something was going on at my home too. It was somehow different. I narrowed my eyes and picked up my pace as I realized that light was eminating from somewhere inside the house on the first floor. The lights were never on and a silver car was parked in the dirveway. I didn't recognize the car and was surprised that they were able to enter the house.

I walked up to the front door and turned to knob to see that it was also unlocked. Something was going on and as I entered the living room I found out what it was.

A short woman in jeans and a frilly black shirt sat across the dining room table from my father. What really surprised me was that he didn't have a bottle in his hand or on the table itself. They two of them were holding hands from across the table.

I closed the door and cautiously walked towards them. My father turned his head and noticed me. I froze, expecting him to get up and throw a bottle at me. But there wasn't one around and he just smiled at me. I took a step back in surprise.

"Eunae," he said.

"Shh, I'll explain everything," said the woman to my father.

Who was she exactly and why was my father somewhat sober? He hasn't been in months, not even close to it. The woman turned to me with a smile while still holding hands with my father.

"Eunae-ah, I'm....."