You're In

It Started With A Ship

 

Ladies and gentlemen, here's the first chapter of my new story!!

I hope you like it and give it lots of love^^

On with the first chappie!

 

Not proofread. I don't think it will ever be ^^


 

Fanservice. Shipping. OTPs.

 

These are the words that every K-Pop idol feared.

 

Well, not really, but they did bring bad news. “Oppa, be gay for your best friend!” The fans would say. Or “Be gay for the group member that looks like your best friend!” Stuff like that.

 

Because yeah, that’s what happens when the fans realize that Oppa is and will always be much prettier than them. And since Oppa is pretty, doesn’t he look good with other pretty and handsome Oppas?

 

That’s pretty much where it all started. Of course, it didn’t help that sometimes (a lot of times) the Oppas acted like what the fans expected. All fluffy and mushy with that other oppa they all loved so much. Skinship, they call it. Being all touchy with your friends as a way to show your trust and your friendly, PG-13 affection towards them. But since a lot of fans came from out of South Korea (because K-Pop is awesome like that), they obviously took it as PDA.

 

Which usually was the case, but we’re not going to say that in public.

           

Our story begins in the Mnet headquarters or wherever they thought about what shows they could produce to, to put it in a philosophically beautiful way, bring the nation together with the rest of the world with a program that could entertain all groups of people equally. Or at least, that was the official version. The other version, the real one, the let’s-make-the-most-money-we-can-out-of-all-this, well… Let’s just say none of us are supposed to know that version.

 

Anyway, back to the story.

 

Ever since the famous ‘best 19 idol boy-couple’ (why the hell was it 19 and not 20?), the topic about boy-couples was… popular, to say the least. Especially some couples like those two boys that were waiting for everyone’s approval to get married (but still said they were straight (seriously? No, boys, it’s too late to go back into the closet)), those other two that said they were going to get married in ten years (but again, still said they were straight (because wearing pink and unicorn-printed T-shirts is sooooo straight)) and the only two boys that were out and proud in front of the media (someone finally makes sense).

 

So, after hours and hours of squeezing their brains to see how they could make a program that could compete with the Dream Team or Star King, the typical nameless coffee-person that nobody hadn’t even noticed was there came up with an idea he would never get the credits for: The first Annual Idol Boy-Couple Competition.

 

The most popular couples of the moment would compete one against the other in sports and other types of games to see who was the best-in-sports, best-telepathy, best-in-anything-other-that-we-can-think-of couple.

 

And thus, the Competition was born.

 


 

Joonmyun (whoops, I mean Suho) ran straight into Kris in his haste to get to the dorm’s living room.

 

“Dude, what’s up?” The other leader asked, no surprise on his -face. Over five years he’d gotten used to Suho bumping into him and getting his T-shirts painted with a new design with the help of his favorite energy drink, but that didn’t mean he wanted to repeat the experience. “Man, calm down”, he said in his ghetto-accented English.

 

Giving his fellow teenager-babysitter a look for his accent, Suho pulled him to the living room. “HEY! EVERYONE! GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE!” He bellowed.

 

Lay and Lu Han, having finished raiding D.O.’s bedroom, emerged from said room trying to solve a Rubik’s Cube with one hand each (and not getting anywhere), followed by the not-so-happy looking owner of the bedroom. At the same time, Chanyeol and Baekhyun appeared from the kitchen, the singer being grabbed from the back of his shirt by a baby panda trying not to step onto the lines of the floor.

 

The two maknaes, already watching TV on the living room with Xiumin and Chen, raised their heads to look at their leader. “What the hell, Suho-I mean, hyung?” Kai asked, flinching when Suho angrily glared at him. “I-I meant, hyung! Seriously!” He raised his hands to protect himself from the evil spirits coming from the leader’s eyes.

 

“Hyung, why are you screaming at everyone?” Sehun asked, giving him his best puppy eyes.

 

“I’M SCREAMING BECAUSE I’M ABOUT TO HAVE A ! YOU GIVE ME TOO MUCH WORK!” He screamed at no one in particular. “AND YOU!” He added, pointing at Kris, “HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SO CALM ABOUT THIS?”

 

“…”

 

“...”

 

“Dude, seriously. Calm down.” Kris said, with his usual I-don’t-give-a- attitude. “No one got hurt, so why are you reacting like this? You were okay with it at first.”

 

“A-AND I’M STILL OKAY WITH IT!” Suho screamed (“Hyung, seriously. You should stop screaming”, Baekhyun said, meekly). He cleared his voice and continued. “I’m okay with it, yes. But I just received a call from manager-hyung. It’s about you two.” He pointed at Sehun and Kai.

 

“What about them?” Kris asked, suddenly getting serious but his face didn’t change. At all.

 

“So, you know how everyone was cool with you two coming out as a couple because Kai is freaking Korea’s daddy’s boy?” Suho asked. “Well, Mnet is doing a new show and they want you in it.”

 

“…And the problem is…?” Lay joined in.

 

“It’s called the Mnet Idol Boy-Couple Competition”. Suho answered, turning to look at Lay. “Does that answer your question?”

 


 

“MOMMY! Seunghyun stole my drumsticks!”

 

Hongki sighed, closing the book he’d nearly finished. Why couldn’t the maknaes wait until he’d discovered whom the murderer was to fight with each other? Even though he already knew it was the butler.

 

“Seunghyun, give them back to Minhwan!” He tiredly called.

 

“No! He promised I could have them for a while to practice!” Seunghyun shouted angrily from next door.

 

“Oh my freaking-“ Hongki muttered under his breath. “Jonghun! Tell your kid to give my baby his drumsticks back!” He shouted again.

 

“Busy!” Jonghun’s voice came from downstairs. If Hongki weren’t so lazy, he would have gone to the lower floor of their duplex and screamed some more at Jonghun for not controlling his kid. “You do it!” The guitarist said.

 

“Yeah, that’s what I was trying, but he. No. Listen. To. Me.” Hongki answered back, starting to get annoyed at all the screaming. “In fact, He. No. Listen. To. Anybody. BUT. YOU!!!” He raised his voice more and more until he was (once again) screaming his guts out.

 

“WILL EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE UP?!”

 

 

Yep, that was an angry Jaejin.

 

“Thank you!” Jaejin said, his voice obviously annoyed.

 

 

 

“Um, guys?” Jonghun’s voice rang from outside Hongki’s door after a while. “I need you all to come here.” He said.

 

Hongki reluctantly got up from his bed (still hadn’t got to the end of the novel, dang it) and went to their meeting place aka. the kitchen. Jaejin appeared, followed by Minhwan and Seunghyun, who were glaring daggers at each other. Minhwan immediately went to Hongki’s side, his “mummy” raising a hand to run it between the maknae’s hair strands.

 

“Manager-hyung called”, Jonghun said, getting back koala-hugged by Seunghyun like it was the most normal thing in the world. “He sent us this document about a new Mnet program” He waved a piece of paper in front of him (Yes people, even idols still use paper).

 

“What’s that?” Jaejin asked, getting it from the leader’s hands and reading it. “Oh, God. This is genius.” He laughed.

 

“What does it say?” Hongki asked, getting curious.

 

“Mnet are doing a couple competition.”  Jaejin answered, not raising his eyes from the paper. “It’s called the Mnet Idol Boy-Couple Competition”.

 

“And?” Hongki asked again.

 

Jaejin smiled evilly. “You’re in.”

 

“I still haven’t got my drumsticks back” Minhwan whined.

 


 

“Um, everyone?” Onew called s. “Can all of you come here for a moment?”

 

“Just a moment, hyung!” Key called from the bathroom.

 

“What is it, hyung?” Jonghyun asked from the coach.

 

“I’ll tell you in a bit, if Key comes here and MINHO AND TAEMIN STOP EACH OTHER’S FACES.” He said, looking pointedly at the couple, which was sharing an armchair, Taemin sitting on Minho’s lap. “Gosh, guys. That’s gross. Stop it.” Onew told them, frowning and averting his gaze.

 

“Yeah, like they’ll listen to you.” Jonghyun said, looking at the couple that hadn’t stopped sharing germs. “They just got together, give them some time to get out of the honey-moon phase.”

 

“Bling Bling, that’s not the honey-moon phase. That one’s supposed to be cute. This is more like the ‘let’s get a room and ’ phase.” Key said, going to sit between the leader and the main singer. “Only without the room.”

 

“And it’s gross.” Onew said.

 

The couple, having stopped their make-out session for a bit, looked at the leader. “So, hyung, what did you want?” Taemin asked, trying not to get distracted by Minho’s hand caressing his hip.

 

“Ah, yes. Well, Mnet is doing a new program, and it’s a couple one.” Onew said.

 

“Please tell me it’s not another We Got Married thing.” Minho muttered, tightening his grip on Taemin. He was seriously starting to hate that show and the girl his boyfriend was fake-married to.

 

“Ah, no. Don’t worry.” Onew said with his usual charming smile. “Well, in a way, it is, but I’m sure you’ll like this one.” He laughed at Minho’s face in response.

 

“Hyung, if it’s anything ‘couple’-y it can’t be good.” Jonghyun said.

 

“Well, it’s the Mnet Idol Boy-Couple Competition, says here.” Onew read the information paper given to him. “And you know what?” He added. “I’m the only one who’s not in.”

 

“What does that even mean, hyung?” Taemin insisted, bored. Truthfully, he just wanted to get back to Minho and their amazing kissing (and hopefully much more) session.

 

“What I mean, Taemin, is” Onew answered, trying to make this as long as possible to torture their maknae a bit just a tiny bit, promise. “Let’s all welcome the Jongkey and 2Min couples”, he said, with a hand flourish, trying to imitate whoever was going to be the MC in the program.

 


 

“Thunder, dear”, G.O. drawled. “Please go get Dumb and Dumber over here”, he said from his make-up chair.

 

“Is something wrong, hyung?” Thunder asked, his voice sounding worried, from where he was playing puzzle games with Leo and Dayoung. The kids raised their heads to look at G.O., and the little girl got up and went to her favorite dad.

 

Giving his baby a smile, G.O. turned to look at his fellow member. “No, I don’t think so. Just got a text from Seungho saying that he got a text from Rain-sunbaenim, saying he wanted to see us.” He said. “And we kind of need Dumb and Dumber to be there. After all, Dumber is Rain’s favorite.” He added with a laugh.

 

Ignoring Leo’s question of who Dumb and Dumber were, Thunder picked his son up and went out of the make-up trailer to look for Mir and Joon. Seungho wasn’t supposed to be in the interview they were having today, so he’d taken Lauren and went to the zoo with her. That meant G.O. was in charge while the leader was gone, and Thunder was going to make sure he did everything, and he meant EVERYTHING, G.O. told him to do. He was still having nightmares from the last time the main vocal had got angry.

 

“Appa, Mir-appa is over there.” Leo said, pointing at a blond head sitting on the back of a truck. “Mir-appa!” He called.

 

Mir looked up from the PSP he was holding (he might have been spending too much time with Super Junior’s Kyuhyun lately) and smiled at his son. “Hey, big man. What’cha doing?”

 

“Mir, G.O. wants us in the make-up trailer. Apparently, he got a text from Seungho, who got a text from Rain-sunbaenim saying he wants to talk to us.” Thunder said.

 

“Okay, coming.” The maknae answered.

 

“Well, just go on to the make-up trailer by yourself, we still have to look for Joon-hyung.” Thunder said.

 

“Appa! It’s not Joon-hyung, it’s ‘Joon-appa’.” Leo said, frowning.

 

Not even bothering to once again explain to Leo that he wouldn’t call Joon ‘appa’ instead of ‘hyung’ (because that would be creepy), he picked him up again (Leo was lazy today, and Thunder was such a great parent) and continued looking for the other member.

 

It turned out that finding someone who was too stupid to know the way back to the make-up trailer was easier than it looked like on TV. At least, Joon was smart (?) enough to have listened to the ‘if you get lost, don’t move and someone will find you’ lesson in school, so Thunder didn’t have to look around much before finding Joon sprawled on the floor in the middle of a parking lot full of tents and trailers and cars and a lot more of things with wheels that could crush him if they didn’t see him laying on the floor (how much more stupid could someone get?).

 

Leo ran over to his stupider-than-him dad and pulled his arm until Joon got off the floor (thank Shisus he wasn’t wearing his performance clothes) and just dragged him by the hand back to the make-up trailer, where G.O. had already finished getting pretty and Mir was sitting on a couch sharing an orange juice with Dayoung.

 

“So, basically”, Rain’s voice sounded from behind them (“Oh, hello, Rain-grandpa” Leo said with a huge smile), “Mnet are doing a boy-couple competition and you”, he pointed at Mir and his son Joon, “are in it.”

 


 

“Dad, the President sent this to us”, Changmin called from their dorm’s entrance, taking his shoes off with one hand.

 

“One would think that after turning twenty-five, you would have stopped calling me ‘Dad’” Yunho laughed from the kitchen, where he was trying to make some kimchi stew with rice that actually tasted like something.

 

“Why would I?” Changmin asked, entering the kitchen and leaving the paper on the kitchen table. “Food!” He exclaimed, sitting on the kitchen counter without even having to jump, because he’s freaking tall like that. He reached a hand and got the spoon, checking the taste. “Dude-I mean, Dad, this tastes like crap.” He frowned.

 

“Yeah, well, I know. Sorry if I can’t cook like Jae-“ Yunho trailed off when he noticed what he was going to say.

 

Changmin looked down with a sad expression. “Yeah, well. It does seem his love for spicy food ruined our taste buds.” He gave Yunho a sad smile.

 

Yunho sighed. “Well, let’s not get depressed now.” He gave a half-forced smile. “What was that you said the President sent?”

 

Changmin looked up and got down from the counter again without jumping, because he’s freaking tall like that and handed his leader the paper.

 

Yunho read it silently.

 

Changmin got the urge to ask what it was about when Yunho’s eyes started getting bigger and bigger. “So…? Are we in trouble or anything?” He asked.

 

Yunho looked up from the paper. “W-well, no… not really… It’s going to be weird, though… very weird…” He muttered, talking to himself.

 

“Excuse me, what is going to be weird?” Changmin said.

 

Imagine his surprise when Yunho handed him the paper and he read ‘Idol Boy-Couple Competition’. He couldn’t suppress a gasp when he saw the list of couples participating.

 


 

“I’m not going to do it” Was the first thing Jaejoong said after reading the piece of paper Yoochun had handed him. “No way, no. I’m not doing it” He shook his head with wide eyes.

 

He looked a bit like a deer to Junsu at the moment.

 

“I know you hate the idea, but we’ve already been banned from a lot of shows in Korea. We have to be in this one, Jae.” Yoochun tried to convince him. “Come on, please. If you don’t, our jobs in Korea will go to the drains.”

 

“No. No, I don’t want to. I don’t want to see them.” Jaejoong’s eyes closed a bit when he said that, something they always did when he was lying. “We can just go live in Japan and work in Japan, forget Korea. I’m not doing it.” He looked at Junsu. “Tell him we can just stay in Japan.”

 

“Hyung, I don’t think we can, though.” Junsu said softly. Even though Jaejoong smoked and had tattoos, he still was quite the baby when it came to hearing bad news. Not that he thought those were bad news.

 

Seeing Yunho and Changmin would never be bad news to Junsu.

 

Now if he and his boyfriend could only convince Jaejoong of that.

 

“Don’t you want to see Changmin?” He asked. It was better not to bring their former leader into the conversation if they wanted Jaejoong to agree. “Come on, he’s your baby. I’m sure you want to see him.” He pushed a bit further.

 

Jaejoong was starting to hesitate. “Well, about that…”

 

“Well, then this is your chance to see him!” Yoochun pretended to get excited about it. “Come on, Jae! Our jobs depend on it” He lied.

 

“Well… If that’s the case…” Jaejoong reluctantly said.

 

“YES!” Junsu exclaimed while being picked up by a fake-excited Yoochun. The duo went to their bedroom to leave Jaejoong on his own to think and to call their manager and say Jaejoong was going to participate in the competition.

 

“I still don’t like it, though!” They heard Jaejoong say when they closed the door.

 


 

“Sungyeol, stop torturing Sungjonggie!” L said. Oh, whom are we kidding? No one calls L by his stage name. Myungsoo (that’s better) said.

 

“Hyung!” Sungjong cried, throwing himself into his favorite hyung’s arms. “Why are you the only one who’s nice to me?” He cried.

 

Okay, so let’s clear things up a bit. It wasn’t that the Infinite hyungs treated their maknae badly, but they were lazy (and Sungyeol might be a bit sadistic. Just kidding or am I?), and preferred to have Sungjong as a bit of a servant in their dorms.  You know, just the typical duties all maknaes (except Taemin, Sungjong would think, because he’s got all his hyungs wrapped around his finger) have to fulfill. Cleaning stuff, going to the convenience store in the middle of the night to get some food for their grandpa-leader… Stuff like that.

 

But the only one who didn’t do that was Myungsoo.

 

So Sungjong might have a tiny huge crush on his group’s visual.

 

His hyung being hot as hell didn’t have anything to do at all with Sungjong’s crush on him. Nope, not at all.

 

And the fact that he seemed so cold but was actually really sweet to him only made everything better. Sungjong might have sometimes wished he could have Myungsoo’s babies. Just might have.

 

But of course, with his hyung being straight and all, the closest he was going to get to Myungsoo’s drool-worthy body (and more specific parts) was them sitting next to each other when they were travelling by plane.

 

So Sungjong hadn’t ever tried to get anything else than friendship from his crush.

 

But!

 

That didn’t mean he was going to stop acting cute when he was around.

 

So he threw himself into Myungsoo’s arms every time something (Sungyeol) annoyed him.

 

“Oh, come on!” Sungyeol whined. “I was only making sure he knew what he was getting into with the competition manager-hyung sent you both to do.” He smiled innocently.

 

When he did that, he truly looked like an angel.

 

Sungjong might have believed him if Sungyeol hadn’t so much about his crush on Myungsoo (Yes, he knew. In fact, Sungjong was sure everyone knew except Myungsoo. The maknae intended to keep it like that).

 

“I was just telling him how you’re going to have to act like a couple, all mushy and cute” Sungyeol smiled. “Not that that’s something you don’t already do, though.”

 

Sungjong was glad Myungsoo looked confused after that sentence.

 

He did always stick to Myungsoo’s side like glue when cameras were near, because that meant Myungsoo couldn’t push him away (not that he ever did, cameras or not). But that didn’t mean that the visual was all ‘mushy and cute’ with him, as Sungyeol had put it.

 

Anyway, he was sure the competition was going to be both a blessing and a curse (like Chris Colfer’s voice).

 


 

“Um guys?” Henry called from the upper floor of Super Junior’s dorms. “I think Donghae has gone bonkers again!”

 

Hyukjae, or Eunhyuk (Heechul still forgets they’re the same person) looked up from his manga. Lying on his bed reading another one of the gazillion One Piece mangas E.L.F. had sent him, he could hear Donghae ‘going bonkers’ again, as Henry called it.

 

It wasn’t that unusual of an occurrence, and Hyukjae could already summarize it in five steps:

 

  1. Kick Siwon out of their shared room (key word being “shared”) that was right over Hyukjae’s.

 

      2. Put a girl group CD on the music player and turn the volume deafeningly loud.

 

      3. Jump from one’s bed to Siwon’s and back, singing to the top of one’s lungs.

 

      4. Continue doing that until Hyukjae gets fed up and comes to scream and turn the music down. You’ve got his attention.

 

      5. Good job!

 

Donghae ‘went bonkers’ when he decided he was bored and wanted to play or annoy Hyukjae (so much for being best friends).  Apparently, giving the main dancer a headache was the fastest way to get his attention.

 

Seriously, if they weren’t the most shipped couple in K-Pop history, he would have already strangled his best friend a couple of times.

 

Hyukjae got up and went to Siwon and Donghae’s room. “DONGHAE! WOULD YOU TURN THE VOLUME DOWN, FOR ’S SAKE!”, he screamed over the loud music, opening the door. He went across the room to the music player and shut it down.

 

The moment he turned around, a smiling mentally 5-year-old boy tackled him. “Eunhyukkie!!!” Donghae screamed to his ear, giving him a bear hug.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I love you, you love me” he sang, “and if you continue doing that I’ll stop talking to you!” He threatened.

 

Donghae immediately pouted at that. “But, why? I was bored and I missed you!” He said. “Come on, man! Don’t give up, man!” he said in his Engrish.

 

“Whatever, Fishy. Seriously, you have to stop trying to make my ears explode.” Hyukjae said, not looking at his best friend. He was a er for that pout.

 

“I’m Sorry Sorry” Donghae said, starting to dance.

 

“Okay, I forgive you” Like always, because someone who ships themselves with their best friend can’t stay mad at said best friend. “Let’s go downstairs so you can apologize to Siwonnie for kicking him out again.”

 

“And then we go play soccer for a bit?” Donghae asked, giving Hyukjae his best puppy eyes.

 

“And then we go play soccer for a bit” Hyukjae conceded. “And don’t look at me like that.” He added, placing his left hand in front of Donghae’s eyes.

 

They went downstairs into the living room, where Siwon was killing time by reciting his bible to a bored Heechul, who was pretending to listen while using Shisus as his personal human sofa and was draped over him, nodding once in a while to show he was listening.

 

Leeteuk appeared suddenly from his bedroom with Kangin, Yesung, Kyuhyun and Zhoumi (and a frightened Henry, who still hadn’t got used to Donghae’s antics) and called everyone else to the living room.

 

When they were all there, Sungmin wearing pink PJs, Ryeowook still holding the cooking spoon, and Shindong holding his even-smaller-than-Bada dog, Leeteuk went from Teukie-Teukie-mode to leader-mode. “Guys, I have to inform you of something.”

 

“Are we in trouble?” Ryeowook asked, looking a bit scared.

 

“What? No, honey. Nothing like that, don’t worry.” Leeteuk went into mother hen-mode for a second.

 

“Mnet are going to do a new TV show, and they want some of us to be there, as permanent guests.” He said, looking at s.

 

“It’s kind of a WGM thing, so it’s going to last some weeks.” He continued.

 

“Are some of us getting fake-married, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Well, not quite. Mnet are doing the Mnet Idol Boy-Couple Competition.” He finished.

 

“…”

 

“Um, why is everyone looking at us?”

 

Kyuhyun, Sungmin and Heechul had evil smiles on their faces. The rest of them were staring at Donghae and Eunhyuk with no expression.

 

In the end, the leader took it upon himself to break the news to the pair, who seemed as oblivious as one can get (with the exception of Lee Joon, of course).

 

“You’re in”.

 


 

Aaaand that's the first chapter!! I hope you guise loved it!!

Authors feed of reviews, they're like Unicorn Blood to Lord Voldemort to us. 

Subscribe, upvote, review, you know the gist. 

I'll probably explain Sekai (or not) some other time, becase right now it's late, rain gives me a heachache and I'm trying to figure out how to make the stupid Photoshop thing work.

Love you guise!!

 

xoxoxo

 

Laura

 

PS: Those are some BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG images!! O.O