The Broken and Damned

Adamantly Lost in Love

The Broken and Damned

 

Her eyes fluttered open, forming in the shape of a crescent moon as she took notice of the blinding rays ading on the glass window. She inhaled the fresh morning air (though the breeze was mostly from the aircon attached beside the window), arms spreading wide on the bed.

   She tilted her head on her right, smile growing wider by the sight right before her own eyes. His eyes closed, peacefully wandering around dream land, his angular nose looking perfect as always above his luscious pink lips. Oh how she could kiss those lips every day and every night.

   She pushed herself a little closer to him, wrapping her arms around his bare chest. The even soundings of his breathings and heartbeat compose her, relaxing her thought from the future stresses the world has to offer.

   Just like her position before waking up, she leaned her head softly on his chest, the heart beating seems clearer with her ear pressed against his skin. She nuzzles closer, and he stirs in his sleep. A soft chuckle escaped as the man mumbles incoherent words in his dreams, ending his disjointed mumbles with her name.

   “Sooyeon”, oh how lovely his voice sounded when he speaks her name. His way of speaking is so melodious, so alluring that she gets intoxicated just by listening to it. His voice is one of her weaknesses.

  Allowing her eyelids to once again meet, Sooyeon succumb herself to slumber once again. It doesn’t matter to her that her stomach’s already protesting for food, or does it matter to her that he had woke up just a few seconds after she had her eyes closed.

   No, Sooyeon is very well aware that Donghae would be back to sleep, now that her grip on him tightens ten folds. She hears him chuckle and planted a soft yet long kiss on the crown of her head. Sooyeon smiles, she smiles before allowing drowsiness to overcome her being.

   But she fell asleep not before hearing him mutter words of sweet nothingness. However, she could only manage to catch one as his voice became so mild and blurry that it appears to be fragments of different unfinished melodies put into one music piece.

   “I love you” she hears him speak as his fingers run circles on her bare shoulder blade.

   She mumbles something in her sleep, smile still plastered on her serene looking face.

   He chuckled, pursing his lips tight together to prevent himself from causing ruckus that might wake the little princess sleeping in his arms. He could guess that her incoherent mutters has something to do with “I love you, too”, “me too”, “I know and I love you, too”, and the likes.

 

 

   “Oppa, what do you like to eat?” Her voice ricocheted through the white walls of their kitchen. He could hear the re-opening and re-closing of their refrigerator every now and then. Once again, soft laughter emitted from his mouth as he shook his head, amused.

   He could hear the entire rumpus going on behind the wall that separated the two of them. The clattering of pans, of utensils, and of other kitchenware (he almost run when he thought a knife fell on the floor). He could hear her rush footsteps and her anxiety – one that never leaves her whenever she walks into the kitchen.

   Slowly, his soft and little laughter became an outburst. He laughed so hard that tears started b down his milky-white face. He laughs so hard that the newspaper on his hands are now crumpled and torn at the edges. He laughs so hard that Sooyeon run towards the passage between the kitchen and dining room, peaking through the gaps.

   Confused, she tilted her head, almost rubbing her head with the spoon on her right hand. Seeing her so naïve and innocent, Donghae could die in laughter.

   “What’s so… funny?” she asked, a small pout forming on her small rounded face.

   He couldn’t stop himself even if he nags. Donghae knows that Sooyeon doesn’t like being laughed at, but her expressions are so comical he couldn’t help but burst out. He stops gradually, when she seriously glare at him with her hands on the side of her waist.

   “So-sorry” controlling himself not to laugh was one of the hardest things he had done in his life. He wiped the remnants of his tears off his face and slowly made his way towards the now annoyed Sooyeon, his fiancée.   

   “But you were so cute when you’re irritated” he gently wraps his arms around her petite waist, his chest pressing against her back.

   He could feel her ease up, but he knows her too well. Sooyeon likes playing hard although she truly does not get mad. Sooyeon is a very patient person, she’s too calm even if face with the worst. He somehow despite that characteristic for he cannot show her his manly side; however, if she’s not like that, then she couldn’t be Sooyeon. All the more, he is proud for who and what she is, and she is his.

   “I hate you” her voice muffled as she suppress a laugh about to escape her small, pouty lips.

   “I know. I love you, too” he whispered in her ears. Those simple words have the capability to send her flying on cloud nine, to have her melted in a matter of seconds. Those simple words are the sweetest if they came out from his mouth.

   “More reason to despise you” albeit the puncture her words could cause, he knows that she meant the other way. They could throw each other harsh words (sometimes too harsh) but none will be offended for as odd as it may sound, that’s how they find ‘sweetness’.

   “I know”

   The both of them chuckled before he snake his hands towards her shoulders and turn her to face him. They stared into each other’s eyes, too drown to speak. Her eyes are the most priced gem he could ever have. His eyes are deeper than the depths of any ocean there has ever been created, obtaining gazillion of feelings all at once.

   Eyes.

   Their eyes are probably the most talkative part of their body. And albeit the lack of words being exchanged between the two of them, none of them are awkward about the silence. Rather, the silence was comfortable, too comfortable to be exact.

   “I love you”

   “I love you, too”

   “Always”

   “In all ways”

   And just like that, the small meal was left forgotten on the kitchen as the two of them were wedged in the middle of a heated kiss.

 

 

::::

 

 

   It was the fifth night that he had returned home quite late. Per normal, he would tell her about work and if he couldn’t make it to dinner. But for the past five days, he had never informed her or bothers explaining to her the frequent late night jobs.

   She wanted to question him, but she dares not to. Sooyeon is afraid Donghae might snap at her if she asks anything about the matter. He would probably say it was a simple matter and she’s making a huge deal about it, so she shuts close.

   But Sooyeon could not hide the fact that she notices how he avoids her. He no longer wraps his arms around her, or kisses her on the forehead when she pretends to be asleep while waiting for him to come home.

   Those simple matters bother Sooyeon so much. But she scolded herself, reminding her own that it was not a girlfriend thing to doubt her boyfriend, especially one as loving as Donghae. Sooyeon believes that she’s worrying for nothing, that his job would be back to normal and they too, will be back to usual.

   Eventually, Sooyeon believes that ‘eventually’ will come.

   But it never came. Rather, the opposite happened.

   Donghae used to come home by 12 in the midnight and Sooyeon would be waiting in their room, pretending to be asleep even if she can’t. But now those late nights had gotten worse for he now returns home by 5 in the morning, and would leave house by 8 the very same morning.

   Sooyeon inwardly blames Donghae for the dark, round, and big circles just beneath her eyes. If it wasn’t for him, she wouldn’t look so stressful. But even though her insides are boiling with curiosity, Sooyeon couldn’t find the guts to confront him.

   Donghae is busy with work, she should not pester him with superfluous things, those were the words she repeated again and again on her mind, she even wrote in in a five A4 sized paper just to stop herself from thinking something bad.

   Donghae would never do that… would he?

 

 

   One October night, Sooyeon couldn’t sleep because cold is slowly creeping throughout the entire country, not that the thunder storm helped her at all. Tonight, as usual (she somehow adapted to it), Donghae was nowhere to be found again and it’s 3 o’clock in the morning already. Sooyeon jolted up and balled herself as the thunders continue to roll. Sooyeon’s body trembles – she had never liked thunders.

   She gripped the hem of the duvet covering her so tight that she could tear it apart with her own hands. Tears started streaming down her face and she could feel the tightening of her chest. Despite the fear, she could only think of one thing (or one person, rather) – Donghae.

   With trembling hands, too much trembling she thought it takes an eternity to feel for her phone. Distress overcome her, but in spite of all the shivering and quivering, Sooyeon still has enough sane to call her boyfriend, Donghae.

   But all her attempts were pushed to the automatic voicemail.

   And so Sooyeon, with wobbly legs, run towards the nearest closet and locked herself up, covering her ears so desperately to block all sounds from entering her senses.

   That night, Sooyeon bawls her eyes out as she hugged herself to sleep.

   Donghae… Donghae could not even bother to check up on her, despite knowing her fear of thunders.

 

 

::::

 

 

   She watch him as he leaves the house on a Monday morning, too good to be true. Sooyeon blinked simultaneously as Donghae planted a soft kiss on her forehead, on her cheeks, on her nose, and the last destination was her lips. He even ruffled her hair and joked with her as she watches him drive off the driveway.

   He says, “I’ll be home early. Dress up tonight, we will have dinner outside tonight”

   As his words finally sink in, Sooyeon’s entire being was wrapped with tiny butterflies fluttering inside her flat stomach. She felt like being back to the beginning stage. Oh who was she kidding anyways, Donghae had always had that effect on her, since the day they started dating (which is seven years ago).

   Sooyeon closed the door and run upstairs. Silly really, how she’s now looking for the perfect attire to wear for later when she still have a lot of time to prepare for it. 8 in the morning isn’t really an ideal time to ransack your wardrobe for the clothes you have worn quite often. But Sooyeon is just too elated that Donghae’s back to… well, back to being him. And she could not let this opportunity to slip off her hands. Maybe this was granted to her to attach their almost crumbling relationship, almost.

   And Sooyeon had decided that today, she will have the best make-over in her life (her marriage make-over would be the grandest).

 

 

   Soon, the sun sets down and twilight passed, the night has come. Sooyeon had made sure that she’d be an hour earlier for their dinner date. No one can pull off that smile on her face (not even Yoona’s pessimistic conjectures ruined her mood regarding Donghae’s ‘cheating’ – that was her belief).

   She pushed the glass door open, scanning the place her eyes could reach. Donghae, as always, is a romantic. He had called her a while ago to confirm the location and time. Of course, Donghae would always go for a five-star restaurant that offers the best delicacies (he knows her passion for sweet foods).

   As her petite physique comes into view, a young looking but definitely not young worker stepped in front of her and greets.

  “Reservations, ma’am?” He asked amicably, his eyes forming into a large crescent moon with small crinkles on its sides.

   “Reservation by Lee Donghae, table for two” she answered; her voice so soft that it beats the blue music playing on the background, courtesy by the hired pianist of the night.

   “This way ma’am”

   And she followed the employer.

   She sat in a cushion chair, a chair that’s too comfortable, too cozy just like home. She glanced at her surroundings, scrutinizing the entire vicinity. It was relaxing, the ambiance is serene, just the way she likes it. The grand piano stands in a corner accompanied by its pianist; three candles lit to accentuate the grandeur of the view. The chandeliers are expensive looking and there were only a couple of people seated in their respective reserved tables. Sooyeon is one of them.

   Tic… tock… tic… tock

   Thirty minutes had passed, and soon it became an hour, an hour and a half, two hours, and lastly three hours.

   Sooyeon’s eyes are b with tears she forced so hard not to fall. Sooyeon can only glanced at the couples who would enter, who would eat, then finally who would leave the place. The waiter had asked her countless of times if she would like to order some appetizer while waiting for her date. But Sooyeon declined, she always declines. She believes Donghae will come; he will come for he promised her.

   But three uneventful hours had passed and nothing happened. She tried reaching him via phone but he wouldn’t answer. Sooyeon feels so dead, like all life had been taken away from her. Listlessly, she grabbed her purse and left the place, her heart’s too broken beyond repair.

   But fate doesn’t stop and her broken heart finds another way of crashing itself – Donghae was there, coming out from a restaurant just across the one she’s at, holding someone else’s hand, smiling so brightly as the both of them exited the place. He was happy, and so was the girl with him. But Sooyeon, Sooyeon could hear her own heart breaking, her own tears streaming. Was it possible for the broken to be broken again?

   Sooyeon couldn’t find the answer, but all she knows is her heart’s been broken way beyond repair.

 

 

::::

 

 

  

   “Why can’t you leave him?” She asked, stirring her cup of coffee absentmindedly, face cupped in one hand.

   “Because I love him”, came her fast reply. There was no hesitation or doubt written on her voice, not even her eyes tell the otherwise. No matter how sad and how pathetic she might look, her heart doesn’t falter. It never does.

   “That’s stupidity” said the woman sitting across Sooyeon’s chair. It was obvious how the latter was disappointed with her answer, the sharp gaze tells her.

   “No, Yoona. That’s love” was her calm answer, her eyes gazing towards the bustling city of Hongdae. The snow was thick and soon it will be colder (not that today wasn’t). Sooyeon could not distinguish why she was trembling – was it because of the cold weather, or was it because her body was forcing back the sobs?

   “No, that’s idiocy. Sooyeon, you know-“

   “Why did you break up with him, Yoona? You and Donghae were perfect” Sooyeon’s question was an inaudible whisper, a soft whisper like the wind that was caught by Yoona’s attentive ears.

   Yoona sighed and puts her hand above Sooyeon’s. There was something inside her eyes that screams sympathy. Sooyeon almost pull her hand away, but the warmth of Yoona’s hand stopped her from doing so.

   Yoona stares at Sooyeon’s eyes, burying her answer into her soul, hoping that the woman torn apart would soon find salvation, “the same reason why you’re crying. Sooyeon, he doesn’t deserve you”

   “But I deserve him” and Sooyeon allowed herself to cry, pouring her eyes out in front of the woman she used to see as her rival.

   “He never really forgets. He never really moves on. Donghae… Donghae is still in love with her, even after so many years”

   And Sooyeon cries more.

 

::::

 

 

 

   Tonight marks the fifth month of their cold relationship, and Sooyeon jolted up once she heard the front door creaking. Four-thirty in the morning – Donghae must have arrived.

   Sooyeon stands up and walks toward the door, only to be greeted by a distant Donghae. Sooyeon knows that Donghae is aware that she knows about his affair, but he’s being nonchalant about the situation. Sooyeon could only pick his coat and necktie on the floor as he throws them casually (she believes she wasn’t treated as a fiancée anymore, but rather a maid).

   Sooyeon could only bit back the tears that were threatening to fall out from her eyes as she watched Donghae lay on the bed, but not before calling his mistress.

   He does his cheating blatantly in front of Sooyeon, and Sooyeon could only act numb even when the pain sears through her heart, eating her entire being alive.

  She climbs back on bed, oh how lines like “so near yet so far” sounded cliché to hear ears, but ironically, Sooyeon is in the situation.

 

   Night passed by and soon morning arrives, today, today marks no difference. It had been different quite some time that Sooyeon could not even recall when was the last time she had seen a happy them. No, was there even a ‘them’ to begin with? She can say used to and how those words pierced her, shredding her hearts into millions.

  Sooyeon could not understand why she stays, why she acts dumb, why she acts as if everything is back to normal – or acts as if nothing had ever happened. Sooyeon is a great liar, a great pretender. The fallacy of retrieving the old Donghae is still burning in the depths of her heart, the little light fighting the urge to flicker even when drowned in the darkness – the abyss of nothingness, of pain. Sooyeon thinks there is still salvation, that redemption is still there, somewhere lingering inside Donghae’s heart. That someday (if that day will ever come), Donghae will be back in her arms once again.

   But that day never comes… it will never come.

   Donghae came home drunk tonight, too intoxicated to comprehend the words spilling out of his mouth. His words stung and crushed her heart. His words of sweet nothingness had been replaced with venom. He muttered incoherent words. He mumbles words that are quite difficult to understand. But Sooyeon could comprehend some, and she wished she couldn’t have.

   “ you, Sooyeon. Because of you Sunye is mad” he said, throwing a livid glare on her way even though drunk.

   Sooyeon believes in the saying that a drunken man’s word is his sober thoughts. Sooyeon tried ignoring as he throws more spiteful words at her. She tried blocking them out as she slung one of his arms around her shoulder, carrying him towards their bedroom (or used to be theirs).

   Donghae was a heavy man and Sooyeon is a petite woman with less resistance so they would stumble every now and then. Donghae, irked of the pains from hitting the floor, swiftly sway his arms to shove Sooyeon away.

   Sooyeon… Sooyeon was weak and has ridiculous balance coordination. Sooyeon, Sooyeon fell four steps from the stairs. And Donghae… he didn’t even mind that Sooyeon receives a big scratch on her head.

    Crushed… and was crushed even more, Sooyeon can only weep, silently.

 

 

::::

 

 

 

   She was crying as she puts plaster on her wounds and bruises with Yoona’s never-ending nag on the background. She was already immune to the physical pain and to Yoona’s words of advice. She believes that no matter what her brain dictates, her whole entity would not listen. Oh, God believe her when she said she tried leaving him countless times – to have every attempt fails. She’s deeply in love beyond words, and not even Donghae’s abusive actions can alter her mind – or in this case, her heart.

   “Sooyeon, please… look at yourself” Yoona exasperatedly said, sitting down beside the vacant space beside Sooyeon.

   Sooyeon didn’t bother looking, for she knows when she did, tears will just come out, even if they shut them back. “Yoong, I can’t… I really can’t even if I want to. I’m… I’m pathetic and-“

   “In love”, Yoona finishes her sentence for her.

   They cannot recall how everything had started, they were once foes – fighting for a man, the same man Sooyeon’s crying over right now – and now, they were the best of friends. Sooyeon’s feet just dragged her to Yoona whenever a problem will occur between her and Donghae. Of course, just like every human’s natural behavior, Yoona ignore Sooyeon’s cries and weeps, but gradually, the two find the time to resolve their issue, ending for them to become peers.

   “Oh, Yoona, what can I do? I… I really love him, beyond explanations” Sooyeon’s weep ricochet throughout the entire apartment. Yoona can only pull the vulnerable woman in her arms, muttered words she knew wouldn’t help, she knew wouldn’t soothe the latter. But the sincerity of the voice, of her action, was enough to calm the wrecked woman.

   “He never loved me” Sooyeon whispered after a long silence.

   “He never loves another woman, aside from her” Yoona answered, hoping it will knock some senses, and although she should be doing the otherwise, Yoona will not sugar-coat everything to console Sooyeon. She’s a real friend, not some two-face who would do the otherwise behind her back.

   “But… he loved you”

   “Donghae never-“

   “He did, Yoona. You left to pursue your dreams when he once had an affair. I was a damsel in distress, he was in distress. We met. He thought it would work out between the two of us. Well – it did, but his heart… it never belongs to me, at least wholly.

 

 

 

::::

 

 

   “Please… don’t take Donghae away from me.” She pleaded, bending instantly on her knees as she cries, gripping on the hem of the dress the woman standing before her was wearing. She cried, she could not care about the people staring at them, or how pathetic she looks right now in front of a crowd. Sooyeon doesn’t mind of reputation or dignity, not anymore. She loves Donghae and she needed him – his entire him – and if pleading and down righting herself means retrieving him back, so be it. But she wouldn’t give up without having a fight.

   “Sooyeon-shi, you’re making a scene!” The woman hissed, trying to pull her dress away from Sooyeon’s grip.

   “Sunye-shi, please… I needed Donghae. I know you’re not really in love with him. Please…”

   “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I love him, I always do but time and fate was never – “

   “Don’t blame time and fate for something you have decided. You left him… please, he’s my life. I…” Sooyeon could not continue anymore, her hearts in pain and her body she could not distinguish which aches more – the former or the latter?

   “Don’t you dare talk to me like you know everything about me!” Sunye yelled, slapping Sooyeon’s hands away. Before walking away, she muttered softly but clearly and deadly, “I’ll make sure Donghae hears about this”

 

::::

 

 

   Sooyeon locked the doors, crying silently that Donghae would stop eventually. But as always, eventually never happens. She pushes the door with her petite physique, though very much sure that the weak force could not win against Donghae’s force – he was undeniably strong. She could hear him shouting cuss words as he ransacks the house for possible breakout. He was mad, too furious because of her confrontation with Sunye during afternoon.

   Sooyeon can only matter words of prayers, she could barely stand; her whole body trembling with fear. Who knows what Donghae will do to her, especially when she confronted and begged the woman he truly loves?

   Slowly, she dropped to her knees, curled up in a ball – so weak, so alone, so dejected, so rejected; so broken. Sooyeon thinks of the times when the both of them are happy, walking on parks with smiles on their faces – were those just fragments of her unlived fairy tale? Were those moments part of her fictions? Sooyeon can only hope Donghae will be merciful tonight (which she highly doubts).

   She jolted up upon hearing the loud click – the knob was unlocked. Her body trembles that she could not control the biting of her lips. Donghae was infuriated, and that was inevitable. Sooyeon closes her eyes ready for the pain

   But it was a different pain… a pain that caused her to have a momentarily mental breakdown.

 

 

   Sooyeon bit her lips as she pulled the covers to hide her body. It was not that they have never made love, but tonight was different, there was no love. Sooyeon can only stare silently at the sleeping Donghae who find the guts to sleep peacefully albeit everything that had happened.

   Sooyeon could not comprehend how it is possible for Donghae to crush her more, when she’s already crushed beyond words.

 

 

::::

 

 

   “Move out!” He yells the following day, pulling the covers off her aggressively. Sooyeon stirs in her sleep and was greeted by a cold and distant Donghae. The bright sunlight was not blinding for the first time, the cold aura Donghae keeps on emitting seems to clog every sunlight in her world.

   She tries pulling some clothe that can possibly cover her exposed body, to hide the dastardly bruises and signs of Donghae’s cruelty last night. But the latter seemed to be unfazed, for there was no trace of emotions in his eyes and it scares Sooyeon even more.

   “I say move out. Now that Sunye and I are dating again, there is no need for you to stay” His words were sharp and blatant, no faint of apology, of empathy; nor sympathy, even the slightest tinted in his words. Sooyeon felt like dying right then and there, she had never thought that words could kill a person – emotionally. Sooyeon felt her lips quiver, as though words were about to come out. But they never did. Sooyeon could only stare at him, eyes pleading for something that even she could not point out.

   “Hae, p-please…”

   “Go wear something; your things are already packed. I want you out when I returned” and with no more words, he left Sooyeon crying again, all alone and rejected.

 

 

::::

 

 

   “Oh gosh, what happened?” Yoona frantically pulled Sooyeon for a hug as she saw her current state. She could only conclude one thing – Donghae ended everything. Yoona was kind of happy that she broke up with him and live her own life, because if she didn’t then she would have been in Sooyeon’s state. But Yoona never thought Donghae could be this ruthless, this heartless. She didn’t know if he’s the same man she used to love, because as far as she knows, this isn’t the man she fell for; or the man Sooyeon fell for.

   “Yoona, he… I… we…” her words were incomprehensible, but what fears Yoona the most was the blank stare in Sooyeon’s eyes, how dry her eyes were. No, that wasn’t soothing for Yoona, that things is worrisome, for Sooyeon, Sooyeon could lose her sanity any time. She knows it, Yoona knows it so well, and she bets Donghae does too.

   “Shh… I’m here. I’m here” Yoona muttered simultaneously, repeating the words as she rubs Sooyeon’s hair.

   “And I’m three months pregnant”

   Yoona couldn’t find the right words to say.

 

 

::::

 

 

   “She’s pregnant”

   “Then what do you want me to do?”

   “What happened to you?”

   “Sunye left. You left. That’s what happened”

   “But you fight for her!”

   “Because I have my pride as a man, you left me broken, she’s my only salvation”

   “You… did you even love her?”

   “I did.”

   “Then – “

   “But not even half of how much I loved you, Yoona”

   “Donghae, you…”

“She’s just a rebound

 

 

::::

 

 

   She sat apprehensively on a café in Myeondong one fine winter morning. Her hands are shivering on her lap and it’s not because of the cold weather. She wrapped her scarf tighter around her neck and blow warm breath against her freezing hands. She had been waiting for an hour already, but she couldn’t mind, Donghae was the one who called her and told her they needed to talk. She knew that Yoona had already spilled the beans – the reason why she was here, seated.

   The bell chimes and she eagerly peeked through the walls, hoping that the man she had been waiting has finally arrived. But to her disappointment it was just another customer. Her heart grew heavy and heavy as minutes passed. For an hour became two, then three, then four. But she couldn’t find the will to stand up and leave, even when tears are already spilling out of her swollen eyes.

  Thinking that he wouldn’t be coming anymore, Sooyeon decided to just stand up and leave the place – with empty stomach – she lost her appetite, and to be honest, she doesn’t feel like having anything the café has to offer.

   But as she turned her head, she saw Donghae entering the vicinity. Immediately, her face brightens but the light feeling dissipated as fast as it came, for Donghae doesn’t look anywhere near happy. She sat immediately and waited for him to sit as well, but he doesn’t, rather he speaks immediately.

   “I know you’re carrying my baby. But I will tell you this now; I will not take responsibility for it. Abort it, take care of it; I don’t care what ever you do with the child, for that wouldn’t change my decision.” His intonation was emotionless, and tears started swelling up again in her eyes.

   “But –“

   “Sooyeon, can’t you see? I never loved you as much as I loved Yoona and Sunye! Can’t you see that everything that had happened between us is mistakes? Those are the mistakes I regret so much. I shouldn’t have asked you out. No, I should have talked to you in the first place. Please kill the baby” and with that he left.

   Sooyeon could not remember anything, for right after he walked out of the door, everything went black.

 

 



 

 

 

 

[A/N] Okay, before anything else, don't kill me! I know I tore then apart and Donghae becomes the antagonist. This is the first part and prolly there will only be one to two chapters left, that depends on the ending my indecisive mind will come up. But this part is prolly the beginning of more complexity and you guys will prolly have Donghae's point of view by next chapter. This one's pretty lenghty and kind of having frequent timeframe jumps but that's intentionally since I do not plan on having this story multi-chaptered (but again, the chapter count may vary depending how my mind will function).

I am so sorry if there are typos and some grammatical errors since I didn't pre-read the entire chapter before posting it (I find it lenghty and I'm too lazy to run a revision for errors), but I'll edit those once I am back with the new chapter and if you spot them, you can kindly comment it so it wouldn't be too hard for my point (you see, I'm such a lazy bum XD). And also tell me if the format is okay and not a pain in the eyes because I followed the novel-type-of-writing, since the words may have appeared too crowded. You can put criticisms in the comment box below, I am open for it and I'm open for improvement. 

I am so sorry as well if the transition of the scene is kind of confusing (but I don't think it's not). All of your answers will be answered by nect chapter, and if you have some questions which will be most probably not part of chapter two, I'll be more than happy to assist you with your inquiries and answer it for you. 

So comment, subscribe (if there will be new readers and if you guys like the story), and upvote. But the decision is yours, of course. I cannot guarantee when will the next chapter come, because it takes a lot of time to write something this long and I really prefer long chapters especially for this particular story because it's been a while since I write something that is "HAESICA" and trust me, I nearly cry while typing this out... maybe that's just me. Tell me if you cry as well XD. So that's all (what a very lengthy author's note as well XD)

 

isthathoneykid