Final

My First Love

Song used - My First Love by Jeremy Passion <-- Click! 


I remember my first love just like it was yesterday
so young and naive
we didn’t know what to do or say
and boy you were so beautiful
you were so perfect in my eyes

 

I can still remember the day we first met. Man, we were so young and naïve… We met at a party of a close friend of ours. Looking back at it, it was quite a cute sight I would have to say. Since our circle of friends was made up of singers and dancers, our vocal teacher was actually the one who introduced us to each other. We didn’t know what to do or say, so we just smiled at each other and awkwardly said “hi”. We had a short conversation before she made us take turns singing for the birthday celebrant. The way we’d meet eyes when we were singing and giving shy smiles, that was just… I don’t know the start of a puppy love I guess? I hated to admit to myself back then, but I thought you were really cute. You were…someone I knew I could trust in, y’know?

 

I know you saw me the same 
and though we both changed
there are some things I came to realize
do you ever look back on how we used to be
do you ever think about you and me
I would never forget you because all that we been through
in my heart you’ll stay eternally

 

I knew back then that you saw me the same. Everyone told me that you had the hugest crush on me. I just never wanted to admit my feelings for you and wanted to accept that someone actually came to like me. Why me? I would always ask whenever I’d contemplate about this whole situation. No one’s ever liked me. No one has ever considered looking my way as someone to have a crush on, but you did. How…? I kept pushing you away until I finally accepted my feelings for you. Whenever I look back, I always wonder if you do the same. Did you ever think about us and how we were back then? How we were so shy about our feelings for each other and we had to have all the other members of our music group push us together. I can never forget those short moments that we’ve had together. I will never forget those short heart-to-heart talks that we’d have right before a show would start and we’d have to perform. It’ll always stay in my heart.

 

Do you ever look back on how it used to be
though we’ve grown apart and gone astray
lately your all that I’m thinking of
cause I’ll never forget my first love
see you never forget your first love

 

Do you ever look back on how it used to be? How we’d always goof around during get together and you’d always try to hug me or hold my hand? I was embarrassed by those things since we were quite young to fall in love. But we couldn’t help it, could we? You liked me and then I liked you. Now that we’ve grown apart and gone astray, you’ve got your own life and I’ve got my own... Meeting up again at a friend’s party, how cliché is that? The aftermath? You’re that I’ve been thinking of. Just spending the whole night together… You didn’t know how surprised I was when you decided to sit in the chair next to mine considering that we broke off contact on a rough edge. The way our conversation went so smoothly, it went on throughout the whole night. I could say that we’ve grown closer. We caught up over the years that we haven’t seen each other. It felt…it felt as if we went back in time. Back to when how things were supposed to be, but we were just older and wiser. The way we’d make eye contact while talking, it made those butterflies fly in my stomach. I guess I can never forget my first love.

 

I remember when we first danced
angel of mine
kept me warm on them rainy days
wanted to give you roses on the first time
see I remember when we first kissed
you were my baby my friend my lover

 

My favorite memory would have to be when we first danced with each other, officially that is. Sure we’d learn choreography together, but this moment had special value. We were in the studio and everyone was still eating during our dinner break. I wasn’t really hungry, so I was talking to my closest friend in the group. When she went to go get more food, I looked around the room and realized that you weren’t there. I went into the dance room and found you practicing the hip-hop routine that we learnt the week before. It was the only routine that you had the hardest time with. This was one of the few moments before I returned my feelings. I helped you with the routine and we ran through it so many times until we couldn’t breathe anymore. The both of us sat on the floor, back to back, our heads resting against each other as we took deep breaths and let the track list play. Suddenly, you stood up when our favorite song was playing. I looked up at you as you offered your hand and pulled me up. My eyes widened as you pulled me close and we started to slow-dance to Justin Timberlake’s Until the End of Time. I was so nervous because it was just us two and we were so close to each other, slow-dancing! My heart was beating so fast and I could still remember blushing as red as a tomato when you pulled me closer. Your arms tightened around my waist and my arms were wrapped around your neck. That was when you confessed to me a second time. You questioned me about how I was feeling right at that moment. All to which, I mentally said yes to. After, a short silence fell upon us and I looked up to you. Our eyes met and I decided during that silence was when I clearly knew the way you made me feel. I was too embarrassed to say anything, so I quickly pecked you on the cheek before burying my head in the crook of your neck. We both stopped dancing and I guess I shocked you with the sudden kiss on the cheek. I looked up and bit my lip as you looked at me with wide eyes. I nodded as you asked if I just kissed your cheek and if that was my answer. I nodded and you hugged me so tight, people would say that you couldn’t breathe. But, to me, it was those kinds of hugs that made me feel safe.

Our first kiss was on a rainy day, if I remember correctly. It was a day full of rehearsals for a show we were preparing for. Everyone left and it was just the two of us with the owner of the studio. Our parents were both running late and we were both bored. I had the idea of playing tag in the rain, since it was my favorite thing to do. It was a push and pull game between the both of us. You were the tagger and I knew I had no chance because you were a fast runner. You back-hugged me from behind and our laughter filled the empty parking lot. I turned around to hug you closer for warmth. You pecked my forehead and I snuggled closer before we ran back for shelter. I looked up at you and aimed for a kiss on the cheek, but at the last moment you moved your head and our lips met. Oh you cheeky bastard.

 

Do you ever look back on how we used to be
do you ever think about you and me
I would never forget you because all that we been through
in my heart you’ll stay eternally

 

Do you ever look back and remember those memories? All the good times we had before I let my friends make my final decision for me. I was so stupid for letting them interfere with my decisions. They disliked you, but I liked you. I let their thoughts infiltrate mine. In the end, it resulted us splitting up on rough terms. But I’m just so thankful for having you as a chapter of my life. I just wish I can relive those beautiful moments again. Those moments where you made me feel wanted and loved in that special way.

 

Do you ever look back on how it used to be
though we’ve grown apart and gone astray
lately your all that I’m thinking of
cause I’ll never forget my first love
see you never forget your first love

 

After spending the whole night together, it felt so surreal. The way you were openly flirting and teased me to no end... The way you’d make me flustered and laugh at my reactions… It was amazing just being together again and just like old times. My old feelings resurfaced and I knew you could feel it to. Even if you do have a girlfriend, the both us knew we couldn’t deny that the old sparks were coming back to life. But as much as I didn’t want to, the night came to an end and the party was over. We were all hugging each other goodbye. Then, there was you and me. We were the last ones to say goodbye to each other. You opened up your arms with a small smile and I shook my head before going into arms. This hug was different than the one you gave me at the beginning of the night. It felt like the ones you used to give me when we liked each other so much. Our parents were already in the parking lot while we still stood in the lobby. You whispered goodbye as I too did the same, but we didn’t get out of the hug just yet. We stayed there for a few moments before getting out of it and meeting each other’s gaze one more time. The both of us understood the situation that time. We both knew that even as we moved on with our lives, we’d still be each other’s fist loves. The first to everything that had to deal with our hearts racing, falling in love, getting into a relationship, and breaking up. Both of us can never forget those times. Those times when things seemed nothing can go wrong. Those times when it was just another fairytale between the both of us… As we both went to our respective cars, I looked back as you entered your car. A small smile stretched onto my face before I got into my own car and we left the venue. Looking out the window, I stared at the full moon and thought,

“I’ll never forget you
your my first love”