Employed!

Roommates

*The doorbell rang*

Kevin’s ear twitched at the sound but his eyelids were too heavy to open up.

*The doorbell rang*

“Tsk..who the heck is it?” Kevin mumbled lazily against his pillow, feeling irritated when his sleep was disturbed.

*The doorbell rang*

Kevin sighed when he heard the third consecutive ring. He half-opened his eyes and saw 7.33 a.m was shown on the clock near him.

“Seriously, who ever come to visit anyone at this hour?” Kevin grunted.

*The doorbell rang*

Kevin sighed again and lazily got up from his bed to open up the door.

“Yah! You’re still asleep at this hour?” The visitor snapped as soon as Kevin opened up the door.

The visitor was Soohyun, Kevin’s senior in high school and his close friend.

“Oh, it’s you hyung…Come in.” Kevin mumbled and yawned shortly after. He lazily made his way to the couch and threw himself onto it and rested his head on the cushion hoping to continue his disturbed sleep earlier.

Soohyun could only heave a sigh when he saw Kevin threw himself onto the couch trying to continue his sleep again.

“Hey, I have something that might interest you. Sit up straight, sleepyhead.” Soohyun shook Kevin’s leg.

“Hyung…Can it wait? I’m really sleepy right now..” Kevin mumbled against the cushion.

“It can’t wait. You really need this right now, trust me.” Soohyun said.

“Hyung, the only thing I need now is my sleeping hour…”

“You sure you don’t need a job right now?”

Kevin’s eyes shot open immediately when his ears caught the word ‘job’. He quickly turned around and sat up straight facing Soohyun who was standing near him.

Soohyun smiled victoriously. He knew the word ‘job’ would interest Kevin. He knew Kevin was desperate for a job right now to pay his mounting bills.

“Did you just mention ‘job’?” Kevin asked.

“I thought you don’t need it right now?” Soohyun teased.

“Hyung, I was just talking rubbish earlier. Don’t mind me.”

“So, what kind of job is it hyung?” Kevin asked, eager to know more about the job.

“The job is quite tough but it pays well.”

“How much does it pay hyung?”

“$2000 per week.”

“Per..per week hyung?”

Soohyun nodded.

"No wonder you are living so well, hyung."

Kevin’s lips formed a smile at the thought of receiving $2000 every week.

“Now, listen up.”

“My boss, James Jung asked me to find someone who can be trusted to be his daughter’s bodyguard.”

“You want me to work as a bodyguard, hyung?”

“Bingo.”

“Hyung, how can I take on this job when I was never trained to be a bodyguard, like you?”

“You don’t need any special training for this job. You only need some self-defence skills.”

“You own a black belt in Taekwondo right? So, technically, you are able to take on this job.”

“There’s a lot of guys out there who are more capable than me to take on this job, so why me, hyung?”

“Remember the cross-dress pageant that you won back during our high school years?”

“How do you expect me to forget that stupid prank of yours, hyung?”

“At least, my stupid prank sent you for a vacation at Jeju Island.” Soohyun laughed lightly when he recalled the moment he signed Kevin up for the cross-dress pageant. To his surprise, Kevin actually won the pageant.

“Seriously, if I didn’t know you, I would’ve thought you were a girl for real.” Soohyun said.

“Whatever hyung.”

“What does that pageant have to do with this bodyguard thingy anyway?”

“Because you will have to be a girl for this job.”

“Wait, what do you mean by that?” Kevin arched his eyebrow.

“Don’t tell me that I need to cut my balls for this job.” Kevin quickly took a cushion and covered his lower part as if his balls were gonna be cut on the spot.

Soohyun laughed when he saw Kevin’s reaction.

“Chill Kev. You don’t have to cut your balls for this job.” Soohyun said after his laughter died down.

“Then, what do you mean I need to be a girl for this job?”

“Because you’ll be Ms. Jung’s roommate to watch over her 24-7 at her dorm.”

“Roommates?!” Kevin widened his eyes in surprise.

“Why must I be her roommate? Can’t I just be a normal bodyguard who just follows her around and carry her shopping bags?”

“If you are her roommate, you can keep a close watch of her without her being suspicious so you can carry out your job easily. Apart from that, you’ll also be taking the same classes with her so that you can keep a close track on her.”

“Hyung,it will be awkward for me to live together with a girl in one place.”

“I believe you can sort out the awkwardness later on.”

“Seriously, why does this girl live in a dorm while she has a mansion to live in?”

“Her dad is always abroad and her sister is working at the States so most of the time, her house will be empty. That’s why she preferred dorm life.”

“Hyung, can I not be her roommate?”

“You have to, Kevin-ah.”

“But why hyung?”

Soohyun sighed before he answered Kevin’s question.

“Actually, a couple of weeks ago, Mr. Jung received a threat letter from an anonymous sender. He already informed the police but he still feels insecure so he decided to tighten the security and assigned me to find someone who can watch over of his youngest daughter at the dorm 24-7 until his daughter finishes her study.”

“But why don’t you hire a girl? It’ll be easier.”

“I need someone who I can trust and that someone is you, Kevin-ah. Besides, you need a job right now so it’s a win-win situation.”

“Tell me, how am I supposed to live as her roommate? I’m a guy for God’s sake hyung! It’s not like I can just enter the girls’ dorm with my balls.” Kevin said.

“Relax bro. My friend, HyunA will know what to do with you. She’s a professional make-up artist. Nobody will know that you’re a guy, trust me.”

“You only need to do this for three months, Kevin-ah and I got your back for the whole three months, I promise.” Soohyun put a hand on Kevin’s shoulder.

“Only for three months hyung?”

“Yup, because Ms. Jung will finish her study in three months and then she will go to the States to further her study. So, you only need to watch over her until she finishes her study here.”

“Is that so?”

"Yup."

“So, are you in for this job or not?”

Kevin wanted a job but he wasn’t sure if this was the right one for him.

“Come on, it’s only for three months.” Soohyun said.

Ah screw this. Where would I get a job that pays $2000 per week.

After contemplating for a while, Kevin finally agreed to take on the job.

“Alright hyung…” Kevin agreed to take on the job.

“That’s my man.” Soohyun patted Kevin’s shoulder.

“So, when can I start working for Ms. Jung?”

“I think you’ll be ready in a week.”

“One more thing, I think you need to start addressing Mr. Jung’s daughter as Krystal as that is her name. If you keep calling her Ms. Jung, I’m afraid you might blurt it out in front of her and your cover will be blown.”

“Krystal..” Kevin tried saying her name. Suddenly, curiousity about the owner of this name started to creep inside Kevin. After all, he will be living with this girl for three months.

“I’m curious tho, what kind of person is she?”

“I heard she has quite a temper and can be pretty hard to handle at times but I believe you can do a good job in handling her.” Soohyun patted Kevin’s shoulder again.

Kevin just smiled faintly in response.

Krystal. The first stranger/GIRL who I will live with for three months.

 I must be crazy for taking up this job.

 Kevin could only heave a sigh at the thought of his new job.