Meet The Wu Clan

Meet the Wu Clan

 

“Kris, I’m nervous.”

Kris looked back and saw Chanyeol grabbing his arm tightly. They are outside his car at the park. He smiled immediately and turned to face him, “Yah! Just relax, okay? I’m sure that they’ll gonna like you,” Kris said lovingly and seriously added, “But not as much as I love you.”

Chanyeol’s heart did a somersault. Kris rarely shows the adorable and charming side of him. And when he did, he means every word of it. “All right, because I love you too,” Chanyeol replied earnestly. It is a great satisfaction for him to see Kris blushed and smile foolishly. It’s been two months since they confessed their love to each other and it’s time for Kris to introduce Chanyeol to his family.

Canyeol couldn’t imagine what would happen if they didn’t knew what they felt for each other. It was one hell of a mess. The two of them are always bickering. Throwing snide comments at each other (although it was constantly Kris’ doing and Chanyeol can only pout and fume in the corner) and pointing out each other’s faults or weaknesses. Chanyeol is known as the ‘Happy Virus’ of their group while Kris is dubbed as the ‘Grumpy Old Man’. Kris is caring like a hyung to everyone except Chanyeol and Chanyeol is friendly to everyone except Kris.

Maybe God was tired of seeing them fighting instead of being lovey-dovey so he sent a gift to them from above. Both of them didn’t notice that a warm and gentle feeling slowly crept its way into their hearts and love blossomed instantly. Yeah, ten out of twelve knew what’s happening already. So when they already admitted their love, everyone sighed in relief and congratulated them on the spot.

“How did you know?” Kris asked them, slightly embarrassed that they all caught him declaring his love.

“Of course we know. Who wouldn’t?” Xiu Min said matter-of-factly. 

“Duh, it was written all over on your faces,”   Kyung Soo said.

Baekhyun chirped in, “Wait. Don’t tell me the two of you wasn’t aware of it?”

“Ha. That will be the so-called Margin of Error.” Kai said.

Chanyeol was rooted to the spot; his face is deep red and shocked. Oh my God, he thought, Sweet Mother of God. Argh! This is so embarrassing. To be caught by everyone! One second they are in Kris room arguing then suddenly Kris blurt out that he loves him. At that moment, the door opened and came all of them stumbling to get a good spot and nice hearing. They coughed and cleared their throats then Baekhyun, his ultra best friend, just shouted his support to the two of them and they all followed.

“Get out! All of you. Get. Out.” Kris warned to the chaos surrounding them. His soft voice carried dark and cold promises of danger. They all scrambled to get out so much that they crowded on the door. The door closed softly, hearing their last murmurs of complaints to Kris being a grumpy old man. But since then, they have been very supportive to their relationship and Chanyeol’s days of being teased at increased.

“Chanyeol, are you listening to me? What are you thinking?” Kris nudges him and Chanyeol realized that his thoughts wandered too far.

“Oh. I’m sorry, must be nerves.” Chanyeol laughed and both of them started walking towards the park. Kris held his hands and squeezed it.

“Hey, I want you to know that I really love you and I trust you.”

Chanyeol faced him, brows knit in confusion, “Of course.” He found it strange that Kris said he trusts him. But Chanyeol shrugged it and also clutched his hand back. “Let’s go.”

The park was noisy. Usually it was quiet with people only walking or sitting leisurely. But today is different and the weather is good. It was packed with children running and playing. The tables were mostly full and families are setting on the grass.

“So where’s your family?” Chanyeol looked around eagerly to see if there’s a family resembling Kris.

Kris grinned, “This is my family.”

Chanyeol followed Kris’ hands and he saw that it swept all of the people there in the park except to the parking area and the stores surrounding it.

“Ha ha. That’s funny Kris. Don’t tell me you’re fami— I mean clan has been actively reproducing and it has come to this. Also, there’s that One-child policy in China,” Chanyeol joked.

“Well, ever since my parents got married they migrated to Canada so that leaves only my grandparents in China. Therefore they’re not limited by the so-called One-child Policy.” Kris said wryly.

His eyes widened in shock, “Damn it Kris! You’re joking right? All of this is your family?” Chanyeol couldn’t believe it. After all, he expected just his mother, father, brother or sister. Not the damn whole package. He doesn’t have the courage to do this and he might just fail. Disheartened, “I’ll just go home.”

He started walking back but Kris stopped him. “Hey, I didn’t literally mean that I have like ten brothers and ten sisters and having each of them a family,” he explained, “It just that one of our relatives, the groom, got married and they all came here. Don’t worry, not all of them are part of the family. Half of these are on the bride’s side. Others just tag along to spend their vacation here.”

Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief. It was all too unbelievable if they are Kris’ family.

“Don’t worry, I’m just going to introduce you to my family,” Kris smiled.

“That will be your father and mother right?” Chanyeol asked, just in case and to be sure. He knew that Kris is the only child in their family.

“Yes.”

“Okay.” Chanyeol isn’t nervous at all and finds himself excited to meet them.

They walked and finally stopped at the table. A woman came up and hugged Kris before kissing him on his cheek affectionately. Then Kris turned to a man with the same height as him clasped Kris’ hands and patted his back. Both of them are so beautiful and handsome and Chanyeol knew that these are Kris’ parents. He inherited his father’s height, eyes and hair while he got his nose and mouth, especially when smiling, from his mother. They both exude warmth and love that made Chanyeol more relaxed and happy.

After some conversation, they finally turned to him. His mother smiled at him, “You must be the Kris’ special one. What a fine young man.”

“Special One?” Chanyeol shot Kris an inquiring look.

“Yes. Or would you prefer girlfriend?” his mother asked.

“Mom, I think Chanyeol likes it better if it is ‘special one’, right?” Kris added.

“Err, yeah. Its … uncomfortable,” As a guy, he thought. “Aunty, nice meeting you,” he smiled and bowed.

“We heard a lot of things about you from Kris,” Kris’ father said. Chanyeol swallowed nervously. Based on their history before romance, it was one hell of a mess. “Good or bad things?”

“Good, of course.” His father laughed heartily. “Why, is it supposed to be bad?”

“No. I’m a good boy,” Chanyeol also laughed and saw Kris grinning. His parents joined the laughter.

“Kris, go over there and visit our other relatives. I’m sure your aunt Rebecca is dying to see you again. You know that you are her favorite and go play with your nieces and nephews. Get acquainted.” His mother ordered him.

He knew that the time has come for Chanyeol and his parents to better know each other. Kris squeezed Chanyeol’s hands again, smiled and nodded in encouragement. Chanyeol smiled too, understanding. Kris walked away.

It has been an hour since Kris left him. Chanyeol was too absorbed talking to his family and relatives that he didn’t know where Kris is. He looked around, hoping to see his tall figure but only saw the whole clan. Kris’ mother stood up and began clearing the table. Chanyeol helped and was rewarded with a smile.

They were almost finished cleaning when a pair of hands hugged Chanyeol from behind. He jerked in surprise and found Kris smiling at him.

“Miss me?” he whispered in his ear.

Chanyeol felt weird. “Yah, where have you been?” This is Kris, he said to himself. Sure, they’re dressed the same. Looked the same and even smelled the same! His hair, those heart-stopping smiles and yeah, his height is just like him. But why does it feel that this isn’t him?

“Just around,” he answered back and bowed his head, intending to kiss him.

Chanyeol broke free from his grasp and pushed him. “Who are you?”

‘Kris’ stumbled back and looked at him, clearly shocked. “Chanyeol, what’s wro—”

“Where is he?” Chanyeol knew that he must be crazy right now. Kris’ family and some of his relatives turned at them, their attention on him and to the situation at hand. He’s also confused right now. His eyes tell him that this is Kris but his heart, his damn loving heart, shouts that he isn’t. “Where’s Kris?”

‘Kris’ recovered from the shock and straightened himself. “Alright, fine. There he is.” He nodded at his back and Chanyeol turned around. He saw Kris, the real Kris, walking towards them, his expression unreadable. Chanyeol’s heart rejoiced and it is beating so fast that it slammed in his chest. But hell, there are two Kris standing in front of him.

“Chanyeol, meet Kenneth, Kris’ twin brother,” their mother said.

“Huh?” Chanyeol’s brain is slowly processing everything.

Kenneth ruffled his hair, probably turning it back to its original hairstyle. He extended his hand and smiled, “Hi, my name’s Kenneth. Kenneth Wu.”

Oh. So that explains it. Mortified and hugely embarrassed to what he did on Kris’ twin, Chanyeol groaned and walked away in humiliation, covering his face. Argh, so stupid of him! To think that he caused a commotion in front of his family, pushed his brother and walked out.

Way to go Chanyeol, he screamed mentally. You just made the biggest mistake of your life. He kept walking blindly until someone grabbed his arm. It was Kris.

“Chanyeol, wait. Listen to me. Don’t be mad.”

“Mad? Kris, I’m not angry, okay? I’m embarrassed. Jesus, I disappointed you and humiliated your family. Oh God,” He couldn’t believe what he did. “I’m going home, I can’t face them.”

Kris sighed and grabbed his shoulders, urging Chanyeol to face him. “They’re no way in hell mad at you. In fact, all of them are very pleased and happy at what you did.”

He snorted. “Except you.”

“No, especially me.” Kris laughed. “I loved every minute of what you did, particularly when you pushed Kenneth. God, it made me love you even more.”

“Now I’m even more confused. What’s happening, Kris?” they are now away from his family and no one seems to bother them.

“It was a test. For you,” Kris saw Chanyeol’s eyes widen and added, “More like a family tradition every time we had twins. Our family wants to know, to see that the one we’ll love are the ones for us. They have to prove their worth by being able to tell which one is who. We are sworn not to tell anyone that Kenneth and I are twins.”

He is furious. Deep inside, he is seething with anger. He was insulted. To test his love for Kris, to see how far he goes. “And was I able to do that?” he asked calmly.

“Damned right you did, Kris answered proudly. He was so anxious and afraid earlier that that maybe Chanyeol wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between him and Kenneth. When he saw him pushing his twin and demanding where he is, he was able to breathe and didn’t know he was holding it for too long.

“And damned wrong if you think for one second that I would go gladly in his arms and say ‘I love you’ to him,” he was hurt and tried his best to suppress his tears from escaping his eyes, “I never thought that you would doubt my love for you just like that. You also lied to me. Only child, my . I love you too much to let someone with a face and body like yours but not you to just kiss me and test my feelings for you!” he pushed Kris angrily and walked away.

“Are they going to be fine? He’s pushing him. I think we overdid it,” She is worried about her son and Chanyeol. Her husband and Kenneth are watching them from a distance.

“Don’t worry mom, they’ll be fine.” Kenneth assured.

“What makes you say that?” she frowned.

“Hell, the way he pushed me as if I’m some kind of a virus proves it. He loves Kris and my brother loves him. That sums it up so no need to be concerned.” Kenneth explained. He too, was shocked earlier that the Chanyeol guy was able to tell that he wasn’t Kris. Kenneth thought that he was just like the others who didn’t passed the test. He envied his brother. Yeah, Kris found someone so damn special and rare.

“Your son is right. Now let’s leave them alone,” their father said.  

“It’s not like that. Of course I wouldn’t let you undergone that ordeal for no apparent reason,” Kris started. He saw Chanyeol stopped in his tracks but it was enough for him to continue. “I had to lie as their only child so as not to break the promise. I know how deep your love for me is but I want to know or rather, needed to know that you won’t mistake me for someone else and become just like others,” he said softly.

Chanyeol’s heart softened. He knew that Kris isn’t an insecure person and for him to worry about him is so sweet. But wait. Facing him, “So there were others before me?” he asked, eyeing him.

He burst out laughing, “Of course not. They were Kenneth’s. You’re the first one for me.”

Oh . “So that means you also did what Kenneth did to me earlier? The same method?” he can feel the anger building up again.

“Oh you mean like switching clothes, hugging from the back and whispering to the ear then go in for the kill which is the kiss?”

“Yes.” Chanyeol whispered, afraid to know that Kris will say yes. Yeah, jealousy is eating him up.

Kris looked him in the eye and smiled gently, “No I didn’t. I’m not that kind of guy. But the part where we switch our clothes is definitely true. I usually stand there and let them do their mistake and then just walk out.”

Chanyeol thanked God silently. “Okay, I’m not angry anymore. But I don’t want to go back!”

“Why? You passed with flying colors.”

“See, now they think that I’m a stupid peacock who can fly. How can I pass with—” Chanyeol stopped ranting. “Wait, what? I passed?” adrenaline pumped in his blood.

“Yes.”

That single word filled Chanyeol with so much happiness that he can die right now. This time he went to Kris and hugged him really tight. “See, love does wonders.” They both laughed. Chanyeol didn’t see it coming. Kris’ mouth descended on him. It was a slow and gentle kiss, pouring all their feelings in this moment. They only broke off when sounds of applause and cheers permeated their senses. Everyone of Kris’ clan was congratulating them well save for the minors and children whose eyes were covered by their parents.

“By the way, mother said that you can call her mom or mother or whatever you like.” Kris whispered, both of their foreheads touching. Chanyeol felt the acceptance in that sentence and he’s starting to love them so much.

Chanyeol chuckled. “I so love your family.”

“Kenneth is off-limits. He’s not in the scope of your love.”

“Is that jealousy I hear in your voice, Kris?” Chanyeol asked, teasing him and loving it.

“Damn right it is. The way my dear twin brother touched you earlier, I doubted the saying ‘Blood is thicker than water’,” Kris said dangerously. “And I know the perfect way on how to erase his traces on you,” he murmured, eyes glinting that is full of dark and passionate promises.

Chanyeol felt his body tingle all the way to his toes. Sleep? Damn, no sleep at all.

It’s going to be a long night.

 



 

Heeeey!!!Wassup! hehehe, I so enjoyed it when Krease is jelous. kekeke XD <3 

what do u think?