Fired...

The New Girl

Chapter 1 - Fired...

Great, so I am now jobless, it was like I wasn’t good enough to work. I did a good job for my manager. Ugh! Now I just need to get out of here.

I switch on my phone and plug my headphones in. I play ‘Bad Boy’ by Big Bang. Big Bang are sooo y, I wish that I was one of the girls in the music video. But I can’t because for one, I live in London which is 11 hours and a half away from Seoul in Korea. My plan was to get a job and to make enough money to fly out to Korea to go to a music concert there and maybe live out there for a bit with my Grandma who is half Korean. This makes me part Korean too which I love and I love my ancestors so much for being part of the Korean world which I so much adore because of their music and fashion. Not to mention their television shows and dramas which I watch on YouTube in English subtitles because I can’t read Korean. I can only speak a little bit of it because my mum taught me it when I was younger.                            

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  If I had to choose two Korean Pop idols to marry it would have to be T.O.P or Lee Joon, this is because they are both so y and they have amazing voices which just make you want to catch the next flight to Korea, track them down and kiss them until them marry you and then you live happily ever after. I should probably get out of that dream right now because I still have just lost my job which means it pushes back the days until I can go to Korea to find Mr Right.

‘Megan! Is that you?’ That was my mum calling to me as soon as I got through the door

‘Yes mom’ so yeah, I am American, I live in London and I am part Korean. Messed up huh?

‘Good, your dad needs your help out in the garden with something’

‘Okay, well I got fired today, so I want money for my birthday please’

‘Fired? Why? You were too good for the job?’

Yeah, this is the part where I am going to tell a little white lie

‘Well, I got caught eating the cakes that George told me I could eat. So, it’s not my fault’

‘You what?! That is so ridiculous! I have never heard such a rubbish lie in all my life!’

Okay, so I thought I could fool her, but the thing about Asian parents is that they will never ever believe you unless you show them proof. Like, the other day I had Big Bang playing through my phone and my mom comes in and asks if I did my homework. I did do it, but I handed it in already so I couldn’t show proof. Therefore she went up the high school and asked if I had done it. So embarrassing.

I walk out to the garden where dad heard everything that was said. He didn’t look disappointed, but yet again, I have always liked my dad better than mom because dad always understood my situation.

‘So you got fired huh?’

‘Yeah, you going to rub it in my face that I can’t go to Korea?’

‘You still have that crazy dream running in your mind? Haha! Good luck with that one sweetie, but now you have no job you can’t afford to go’

‘But Dad! I asked for money for my birthday next week, can’t you just give me some so that I can go and visit Grandma, you know she misses me and I haven’t seen her in ages’

‘Such a lame excuse to go and stalk idols kiddo!’

‘Grrr!’

Meanwhile in Cube Entertainment

‘Oppa, we are going to need a new girl group or solo act, otherwise the company may go under, and we don’t want to lose our best acts’

‘Yes, well, we are looking, it is quite difficult to find someone who is good looking, can sing and dance well and look good in front of the camera’ The manager said

‘It sure it Oppa’  Hyuna said coming into the office

‘Annyeong Hyuna’

‘Oppa, I know a woman who is friends with omma and she has a granddaughter who wants to come to Korea’

‘Yes, but what has that got to do with fixing the problem’

‘Well this girl is pretty and she can sing well. The dancing may need work and so may her Korean, but she could learn right? If we put her in a group?’

‘Yes, yes it could work. What is her name?’

‘Megan’ 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so thanks for reading my story, it wasn't as good as i had hoped it would have turned out but i will do better! I will continue this story a few more chapters and if i get a good response/feedback i will carry on! Also, i will make the chapters longer, this chapter was just an introduction to the rest of the story :)

Kamsahamnida!

Anneyong ^ ^