Who Are You?

Appeared, a Genie [maybe discontinued]

After her Master (who had sternly told her to call him L.Joe but she promptly refused) had forced her to sleep in her bottle instead of his comfortable bed, she woke up with a sore neck as usual. She stretched in her little pink pad, cricking her neck and cracking her knuckles. She yawned luxuriously, shaking a little as she stood up in the cramped space. Her first Master hadn't been so kind either. She always tried her best to be a good genie and please him, but it never seemed to be good enough. She was determined to make this master like her no matter what. Even if he rejected her multiple times. She did a few more stretches, preparing herself to leave the bottle. When she was younger, she'd always had a rough time getting out. She'd always managed to end up in the strangest places.

When she materialized in her master's room, he was sound asleep on his bed, nose twitching. She found it endearing and leaned over his bed to give him a little kiss on the forehead. He surely wouldn't mind while he was sleeping, would he? She wouldn't disturb him. She hoped he would wake up soon though. She easily got bored and since he was the only person she knew, he was the only one who could entertain her. Being a genie certainly had it's disadvantages. She sat at the edge of his bed, kicking her legs, until she heard a squeaking/crunching sound and a knock that startled her so much she fell off the bed. She remembered his one command from last night 'Stay in your bottle, but if you can't just don't let anyone see you!' So realizing that the door was most likely about to open, she quickly returned to her bottle, forgetting that it was out in the open.

"Byunghun-ah, it's time to wake up for school or you're going to be late," his mother said gently, walking over to his bed and shaking him. When he didn't rouse the first few times, she was a little more forceful. "It's time to wake up! Stop being lazy." He grumbled and rolled over, kicking his foot out.

"Do I have to?" he whined, feeling like he hadn't slept at all.

"Yes. Breakfast is in half an hour. If you're not ready, you don't eat." That was her final word as she shut the door.

He grumbled more, rubbing his face and the sleep from his eyes. He turned to his dresser and spotted the pink bottle from his dream. 'Craaap', he thought. So that really hadn't been a dream. A girl, a genie, had really appeared to him on the beach and followed him home. He didn't know how he would explain this to anyone else. They'd think he was crazy. He definitely had to find a way to keep her hidden during the day while he was at school until he could figure out what to do with her. "Genie?" He tentatively called, preparing to protect himself from another flying tackle hug. "You can come out now." He heard an audible squeal as the black haired-genie appeared before him once again, bright cheeky smile dazzling in the morning light. He blinked at her a couple of times and rubbed his eyes to make sure that yes, he was fully awake and no, she was not just a figment of his imagination. He admitted that she was rather pretty. Not as pretty as his crush Yura, but she had a certain bubbly charm he couldn't deny, as annoying as she was.

"What is it M--L.Joe?" she struggled saying his name instead of Master as she was used to. Part of making him happy was doing exactly as he asked. As much as it displeased her.

"I have to go to school now. You will have to stay here all day in my room. You're welcome to use the bathroom but STAY HIDDEN. Understand?" He pointed his finger at her, completely serious expression on his face.

She pouted but dutifiully nodded. "Yes Master L.Joe." She couldn't help it. Calling someone Master was a sign of respect for her. So she compromised. She would say both so he couldn't complain.

He sighed. "Okay. Um....do genies get hungry?" She blinked at the question, a bit surprised at it and giggled.

"Of course, Master. I love food! Do you have any?"

"Um...sure. I'll grab you some. Just stay up here til I get back."

The teen still felt strange. Most guys would be thrilled to have a girl in their room, much less a pretty one. But not L.Joe. He was still freaked out by the fact that she was a GENIE. What did that even mean for him? He could ponder all of this later. He grabbed some clothes and ran downstairs to take a quick shower and get dressed. When he was done, his mother was already almost finished making breakfast.

"Smells good, mom. I'm going to eat upstairs." He picked up a plate for himself. He didn't want to share, but he had to, or else his mom would question it or scold him for being greedy.

He returned to the room to find the genie floating in mid-air, eyes closed, legs crossed and hands pressed together like she was praying. "Um...g-genie....?"

She blinked, eyes opening wide, returning to a normal standing position. "Oh, hi Master L.Joe! I was just meditating. Did you bring food?"

He nodded, sitting on the bed and beckoning her over. He was so bone-headed he'd forgotten to bring more than one set of utensils. The genie apparently needed no utensils as she grabbed a pancake, stuffing it in . He stared in amusement, trying but failing not to laugh at her as she chewed, unsuccessfully keeping all of the pancake in her freakishly small mouth. "This is so delicious!" Her eyes literally sparkled and he stared at her for a few moments, entranced. She had a few pieces of pancake stuck to the corners of her lips, and syrup all over her fingers. She looked like she was absolutely enjoying the food, as if it was her first time trying it. He dared say she was even cute. Okay, he didn't have time to sit here and stare at this weird girl or he'd be late for school.

"Remember what I said, genie. You need to stay hidden." She gave him a thumbs-up, still enjoying her one pancake.

He grabbed 2 pancakes for himself and 2 sausages with his fork, shoveling it all in his mouth as he headed out the door, almost forgetting his shoes and schoolbag.

Minah continued on eating the food her master had left her. Once she was finished, she pouted at her sticky fingers. She remembered that he had mentioned she could use the bathroom. She wondered where it was. She very quietly tiptoed down the stairs, knowing if she tried to poof anywhere she could very well end up appearing in front of someone after she was specifically commanded to stay hidden. She wasn't sure what a 'bathroom' door looked like. She assumed it was near the kitchen. She moved, quiet and swift as a mouse, almost home free. But as she opened the door, she literally ran into a person.

"Ouch!" they both exclaimed, rubbing their heads.

As Minah stood up and dusted herself off, the other girl stared at her warily, eyeing her attire that would seem strange to most people.

"Who are you?"