one: bottle in the sand

Appeared, a Genie [maybe discontinued]

                The warm wind blew, messing up his brown hair, making it fall into his eyes. He swept his bangs away and continued to kick a pebble as he walked to his new house from his new school. In the corner of his eyes, he saw two boys that he recognized from his class run on by and stop at the corner of the road. One had shouted that he won and then leaned forward with his hands on his hands on his knees to catch his breath. The other boy was sitting on the ground, his palms facing down on the dirt behind him, obviously tired from running.

                L.Joe looked away and focused on kicking the pebble, but stopped dead in his tracks when he heard a familiar girly giggle behind him. He glanced back and spotted the girl he started to like as soon as he saw her; Kim Ahyoung or Yura which was her nickname. Yura was a year older than him, meaning she was a grade ahead of him. That didn't stop him from developing a crush on her. Who couldn’t, though? She was beautiful. She had a pretty smile that showed her pearly white teeth, she had gorgeous brown hair styled in waves that bounced with each step, and her chocolate eyes had a hint of gleam in them.

                Yura was walking him with her best friend Kim Hyuna, who was in the same grade as her. From what he saw, they were always together. L.Joe would often catch glimpses them. It wasn't too hard. After all, the school he went was a small one because the only kids that attended were the ones living in the town, which only contains a population of a little bit more than 1,000. And since there was only a small population, it wasn't necessary to build a big building for the school. It had only one floor and had several classrooms for the classes. L.Joe’s classroom was right across from Yura’s.

                The two girls passed him and he realized he was still staring, so he quickly looked away, not wanting to get caught. He caught sight of the pebble he was kicking before and started to kick it more as he continued on home.

⁂⁂⁂

                At home, L.Joe found his mother finishing up the last few boxes that were still needed to be unpacked. She sat on her knees on the floor in the living room, placing a few books on the lower end of the bookshelf. She turned her head to look at L.Joe after he had dropped his backpack onto the floor with a loud thud.

                “Oh, Byunghun, you're home.” She stood up and dusted herself off. Smiling to her son, she asked, “How was school?”

                “Fine,” he plainly answered and then he made his way to the kitchen, which was right next to the living room, to get himself a snack. L.Joe found some chips in the food pantry and left the kitchen to go to his room. He had to pass by the living room to get to the stairs. His mom stood in the doorway with his backpack in hand; telling him not to leave his bag around or someone could trip over it and get hurt. He rolled his eyes at her being what he thought was dramatic but took the pack back from her hands. She sent him a 'don't give me that attitude' look before going back to what she was working on before.

                L.Joe climbed up the carpeted stairs and lumbered to his room, which was the last one on the right. Next to his room was his other brother's room and across was the upstairs bathroom.

                Shutting the door behind him, L.Joe tossed his bag, not caring where it landed and went to his bed, where he plopped down on it. He opened the bag and started to munch on the potato chips.

                He only had a few before deciding he didn't want anymore. He rolled the bag shut and just left the bag on his bed. L.Joe got up and left him room, grabbing his music player that was on his desk before doing so.

                “I’ll be back later,” L.Joe shouted to his mother as he stepped off the last step of the stairs and headed for the front door. He slipped on his shoes.

                “Make sure to be back before dinner time,” his mother shouted back to him. He answered with an 'okay!' and then opened the door, only to almost bump into his older brother. His brother stood in the doorway with his hand up, looking like he was about to reach for the door knob. L.Joe noticed a girl standing next to his brother. She was pretty, he thought. She had red straight hair that was probably dyed.

                “Oh, hey, Byunghun. You going somewhere?” His brother asked.

                “Yeah.”

                “Okay, see you later then.” His brother stepped to the side to let L.Joe go past him and once he stepped out of the house, the other two entered. And with that, L.Joe left his yard and walked to the beach that was near his house.

                The day he moved to this town was the day he found this beach. He was sick of unpacking boxes all day and tired from the drive from his old home to his new home. L.Joe thought it would be nice to get a general idea of the area, so he started to wander around. He discovered the beach then. L.Joe was always fond the beach ever since he was a kid. But his old home wasn’t near the coast, so it wasn’t often that he could go, but when he did he had so much fun. Now that his new home was only a ten minute walk away from a beach, he was excited.

                A smile appeared on his features when he reached the sandy coast. There were quite a few people already there relaxing and playing, enjoying the day. L.Joe turned to the right and headed towards the rocks that formed into a cliff. He climbed over some of the smaller rocks to reach the clearing he had found when he was wandering around on the beach when he found the beach.

                He leaped from the rock into the sand, his feet leaving holes in the sand. Straightening up, he moved a foot forward to walk to the middle of the mini cove. He was about to sit himself down when he noticed a pink colored bottle just at the shore. Wondering what it was, he went over to it and picked it up. The bottom was fatter than the body, which thinned out as it went up until it started to get wider again at the top. It looked like a bottle he had never seen before. It was pink with golden patterns going around it. L.Joe leaned down and set down his music player that he still had in a hand on the sand; his eyes still on the object he just found. He took his now free hand and started to brush away the sand that stuck to the bottom.

                All of a sudden, a pinkish shade of smoke started to come out the top of the bottle and the smoke formed into an oval shape before forming again, only this time a girl appeared instead of just smoke. Surprised, L.Joe dropped the bottle and fell back onto his bottom, his hands landed into the sand behind him to hold him up.

                The girl that stood before him looked down at him with a grin. Her black hair was pulled into a high short ponytail and she was dressed in a, once again, pink harem outfit. The material of the pants was a little transparent, and the outline of her legs showed. A panel hung over the front and a golden clothed belt was tied around her waist. The top was what looked like a tube top with a short vest on top, showing off her stomach. Around her wrists were golden cuffs and on her head was a pink hat with a golden stripe near the bottom that her ponytail stuck out of. Attached to her hat was a veil that went around down around her face, just under her chin.

                She dropped onto her knees in front of L.Joe and flung herself into him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

                “Thank you for freeing me, Master!”

                Shocked, L.Joe couldn’t move. A girl made of smoke just came out of a bottle. It was like something you’d see in a movie that involved a genie or something. This wasn’t a movie; this was real life, so that was impossible. This must be a dream. Yeah, he must have fallen asleep when he was eating the chips in his bed. This possible couldn’t be real.

                She leaned back a little with her arms still around his neck.

                “And as a thank you…” She trailed off and pressed her lips against his as she closed her eyes. L.Joe’s own eyes widened.

                Finally being able to move, he pushed her off of him.

                “What are you doing!?” He wiped off his lips with the back of his hand, a little disturbed a random girl who came out of a bottle just went ahead and kissed him. Dream or not, he didn’t like it.

                “I was just thanking you for freeing me from the bottle! I’ve been stuck in there for years!”

                “By kissing me!?”

                “Oh, you didn’t like that?” She tilted her head to the side.

                “No! I don’t even know you!”

                “Well, I’m Minah, your very own genie! I can grant you any wish you desire! Well, there are a few things I can’t grant you, but other than that, you can have anything!”

                “Pinch me, I must be dreaming,” L.Joe mumbled, still in disbelief.

                “Pinch you? Okay then.” The Minah genie girl leaned forward and pinched one of his arms. It hurt. He wasn’t dreaming.

                “Ow! I didn’t mean it literally!”

                “Oh. But now that you know me, I can kiss you now!” She was about to jump on him again, but L.Joe moved out the way, making Minah fall into the sand. He stood up while picking up him music player and was trying to leave.

                “This is crazy, I’m outta here.”

                L.Joe started climbing up the rocks and he heard the Minah girl call after him.

                “Wait! Master!”

                L.Joe looked behind him to see her running after him with the bottle she came out of in hand. Crap. She was trying to follow him. He climbed up faster and hopped over the rocks until he was on the other side and dropped down onto the main beach. He glanced back to see if she was catching up, but he didn’t see her. But when he looked back in front of him, she appeared out of thin air before him. He could only gape at her.

                “What…? Weren’t you…?”

                “I told you! I’m a genie,” she pointed to herself and then to him, “And you’re my master! You’re the one who freed me from the bottle!”

                “I’m not your master! Just leave me alone!” L.Joe stepped around her and started to walk away.

                “Master, wait! Let me come with you!”

                Huffing to himself, L.Joe turned back around towards the girl. “Fine. But go back into your bottle.”

                “Okay!” She handed him her bottle and she turned back into smoke and the smoke floated back into the bottle. L.Joe glanced around to see if anyone was watching, but thankfully there wasn’t. He didn’t know what he’d do if someone saw it and started questioning him about a girl turning into smoke.

                L.Joe went back over to the rocks and left the bottle on the ground and strolled away from the scene.

                ‘Stupid girl,’ he thought. But as he was walking, he felt something tap against the back heel of his shoe. He glanced down and saw the bottle as his feet. Behind it was a trail of indents in the sand that made it looked like it was rolled over to him. He blinked. He left it all the way over at the rocks, and he was at least a few meters away. No one was near him so it wasn’t like anyone could have rolled it to him. Bottles couldn’t roll by themselves, either. But then again, this was a genie’s bottle.

                Experimenting, he took a couple of steps forward and kept his eyes looking at the bottle. It didn’t move. He raised his eyebrow. He took a few more steps but still nothing. A few more and he saw the bottle twitch. More and the bottle started moving towards it as if he was a magnet. L.Joe kept on walking away from it but it kept on rolling towards him. His speed increased and increased until he was basically running away from a bottle that was following him.

                He finally slowed down to a stop when the beach was just out of sight and waited for the bottle to make its way to him. Once it was at his feet he bent down and picked it up. It seemed like there was no way out of this genie thing if the bottle even followed him. So, he gave in and brought it home with him.


finally done omg. didn't know it'd write almost five pages just for the first chapter haha. guess i really love this ;u;