Chapter 16

어쩜 좋아 (Oh, Great!)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two girls sat quietly on the bed in Yoona’s room. It felt a little nostalgic as Yoona recalled how awkward it was for her when Jessica was beside her in the room the first time. There was peace, quiet, and silence now as well but no more awkwardness left. Nonetheless, the mood was heavy. Mr. Jung had just left in a fit of rage after firmly concluding that he would never approve of the two.

 

“Sica-yah--"

 

“That was the first time he ever hit me.” There was still a slight sting on Jessica’s right cheek as she brushed her fingers across the spot.

 

“I’m so sorry… I should’ve been the one to take that blow but I really didn’t see it coming…” Yoona hurriedly pulled the girl into her arms and cuddled her closely.

 

“He is the most selfish man I’ve ever known.” Jessica continued, still pissed off at her father’s strict disapproval.

 

“I actually understand where your father is coming from, Sica. He just wants what’s best for you. I can’t believe he came all the way down here for this.” The smaller girl released herself from Yoona’s arms at the statement.

 

“So you don’t mind that we’re not allowed to be together?” When she saw the disappointment in the girl’s eyes, Yoona rapidly shook her head.

 

“Jessica, I love you, and it would kill me if I couldn’t be with you. I just want you to see that your father really cares a lot for you, and perhaps there might still be a way to convince him that we are serious about this. I would do anything within my means to get his consent, no matter how long it takes.” It was true that Yoona had no freaking clue how she was gonna go about doing whatever she just promised but she knew she would find a way around it eventually.

 

“Yoongie… thank you.” Jessica leaned against the taller girl’s shoulder. The assurance that Yoona was able to give her made her feel secure.

 

“No, I should thank you. All those things you said to your dad allowed me to truly understand how much I mean to you. I’m that much surer now that you’re the only one I’ll ever need.”

 

So the couple remained in silence, merely taking pleasure in each other’s presence.

 

“You know, I’m so gonna get Sooyoung for this.” Trashing things out with Sooyoung was something Yoona had always wanted to do ever since the day she first met the nasty girl at the café.

 

Jessica rubbed a soothing hand down her arm, and Yoona expected to be told to drop the issue once again.

 

“I’ll be there with you if you ever want to meet her in person just to clarify things.”

 

“At long last! Justice is finally restored! Sica-yah, you really surprise me sometimes.” Yoona chortled. Only a few hours earlier she had been advised not to be rash or do anything silly.

 

“Mm, Yoongie.” Jessica started a few minutes later.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you know what I’ve always wanted to do?” Yoona noticed a playful gleam in her girlfriend’s eyes when she turned to face her.

 

“Tell me.”

 

Jessica closed the distance between the both of them slowly, leaning in until their lips were merely less than an inch apart.

 

“Wait.” Yoona laid a finger on the girl’s lips before she could move in any closer. Jessica only looked at her curiously.

 

“Is this another attempt at trying to get me to skip out on another working day? Because I happen to realize that it’s Saturday tomorrow…” The inquisitive expression on Jessica’s face was instantly replaced by a scornful one at her girlfriend’s allegation, and she retreated at once.

 

“You sure learn fast.” Jessica sighed as her shoulders dropped in defeat. Yoona simply chuckled in response.

 

“I guess we can’t keep jeopardizing your relationship with your employer this way. I’ll make do with a movie marathon while you’re gone tomorrow then.”

 

“What if I told you I quit my job a few days ago just so I’ll be able to spend every Saturday with you?”

 

“Really Yoongie?” In her excitement, Jessica peppered her girlfriend’s cheeks and lips with quick pecks.

 

“I’ve managed to save up quite a bit so I decided to take a break for a little while before searching for something better.” Yoona smiled seeing Jessica so happy.

 

“That’s awesome. I’m so happy for you! And myself.” The girl grinned. She had already mentally made plans for what they could do the next hundred Saturdays.

 

“Now… can we get back to where we left off?”

 

-----

 

With Yoona, Jessica never failed to reveal her inner child for some reason. This was further proven when the pair spent more than forty-five minutes hogging a claw crane at a video arcade.

 

“Aish! Not again!” The taller girl banged her head against the glass front of the machine several times when the damned Tweety soft toy about half Jessica’s size slipped through the loose metal hooks to bounce back into the huge pile.

 

“Sica-yah, forget it. Let’s go get something to eat. I’m hungry…” She stuffed the remaining tokens back into her pocket, all ready to leave. But the shorter girl simply stood rooted to the ground, staring intensely into the glass box with a sullen expression. She looked like she was almost going to cry.

 

“Okay, okay… we’re not gonna leave until we get it, alright?”

 

A sheepish grin formed on Jessica’s face at once as she chewed her bottom lip in anticipation, watching with puppy-dog eyes as Yoona emptied her pocket and dunked another token into the slot.

 

Ten minutes later (when all the tokens were used up)…

 

“That’s not fair! We almost got it!” The shorter girl stomped her feet in frustration, making it a point to glare at Tweety.

 

“Maybe I should talk to the person in charge of this place… it’s impossible to win this game!”

 

And so the two strutted over to the main counter, where a young girl in uniform stood. She had a cap on, which showcased some obscenity, and appeared to be chewing on gum. She merely raised a questioning brow coolly at the sight of the girls when they appeared before her.

 

“Uh… could you perhaps check if that machine over there is faulty?” The girl’s gaze followed Yoona’s arm as she pointed towards one of the stations at the back.

 

“Just did earlier on. It’s fine.” It was obvious that she couldn’t be bothered.

 

“Are you sure? We spent almost an entire hour trying to get that plush toy but there’s no way it’s gonna come out. Could you check the arrangement of the toys or something? Just to make sure this isn’t a fraud?”

 

Still, the girl refused to budge. She only rolled her eyes to the back of her head before checking her nails out.

 

“Excuse me?” Yoona simply refused to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter