☆ a shocking experience ☆

♢ energy ♢
 
“Why must you do that, Jongdae oppa?”
 
“What exactly am I doing, ____?”
 
“You know exactly what you're doing!” 
 
Jongdae laughed and wrapped his unoccupied arm around your shoulders, “Don’t worry, ____-ah. I won’t hurt you.”
 
“You laughing, doesn’t make me trust you more...”
 
“Oh, come on. I’m not the deadly one here. If anything, I should be afraid of you!”
 
You two kept walking on the shoreline of EXO Planet’s largest beach. Jongdae wanted to take a walk alone. He had a hand outstretched and lightning kept striking his palm as if he was catching rain drops. The others were hanging out a while away with their significant others. The whole group decided to hangout on their day off.
 
You rolled your eyes, “Jongdae oppa, you know I wouldn’t use my powers on you. I rarely use them, unlike you, Mr. Lightning Striker.”
 
“Hey hey hey~ I will never know when you could take over my mind. Besides, I’m not the one abusing my power! If anyone it’s Kai! That kid needs to stop popping up left and right, giving me damn heart attacks...”
 
“It’s funny that you call him a kid when he’s only about a year and a half younger than you.”
 
Jongdae was swinging your hands right when he remembered something, “Ah, tomorrow, we need to pick out some formal clothes for Jaegyu’s party.”
 
“For who?”
 
“You know, Kai’s boyfriend, the cross dresser.”
 
“Oh! He’s so much like a girl, I always forget he's really a boy,” You laughed. 
 
You didn’t expect it, but it didn't surprise you either, that Jongin was bi. No one really cared and he didn’t either. Besides, Jaegyu was a sweet kid, he definitely made it seem Jongin was straight anyway. Especially since his power was shapeshifting. He often called Jongin ‘oppa’ in public and had this twinkling girlish laugh, not to mention his facial features were naturally feminine, especially his eyes and lips. He was like the little sibling you’ve always wanted.
 
“Do you even have time to go to the party, let alone go pick an outfit?” You asked. He often had schedules to complete during days off and dates.
 
Jongdae pecked your cheek, “Don’t worry, ____. We’re on break, we made sure boss-man wouldn't give us any schedules.” 
 
You nodded and said, “Alright then.” 
 
He grinned, “I wanna show you something.” He released your hand. “You know how I gave you a crappy present for our month-iversary?”
 
“Yeah, and?”
 
“Well, I was experimenting with my powers last week and I came across something.”
 
Bringing his palms together, he closed his eyes and concentrated his energy into his hands. His eyebrows furrowed and you could see zaps of energy running across his body. *What is he doing?*
 
Jongdae started to pull his palms apart and the energy on his body rushed to his hands. He was focusing on whatever was on his mind very deeply. You could see the strings spin around in his hands, forming a sphere of lightning. Taking a deep breath, Jongdae's mind started to mold the sphere into a new shape and then made a hole in the middle of it. You could see that the top of the sphere was being push down and the hole grow larger. More energy rushed to the middle of the hole and words started to form. With a slight sigh of relief, Jongdae relaxed his shoulder muscles and let the object float in the air.
 
“Phew! That took a lot out of me.” Jongdae laughed as he wiped off the imaginary sweat off his forehead. 
 
You stared at the object in awe, “Oppa...”
 
“You like it?”
 
You reached out to the object slowly, afraid it would zap you. It was a heart created with electric currents from Jongdae’s energy. Carefully grasping it, you read the words in the center.
 
____,
난 너를 사랑해.
- 김종대
 
“I love it!”
 
Slowly stepping closer to you, Jongdae stood in front of you. 
 
Suddenly, the heart started to pulse. Lightning bolts were flying off of it. 
 
“Every time I’m near, it’ll beat faster and sparks will fly.”
 
“This is extraordinary, oppa. Thank you so much.” You hugged his neck tightly, feeling his heart and the one in your hand beat in sync. His arms wrapped around your waist and he rested his chin on your head. 
 
“I love you, so much, ____-ah.” He planted a kiss on your forehead.
 
You snuggled into his chest, “I love you too, Jongdae oppa.”
 
Tilting your chin up, you gently kissed his lips, feeling the energy emit from them. Pulling him closer, you had accidentally pressed the heart on the sides of both of your necks and the bolts from the heart had zapped the both of you, making you yelp.
 
Jongdae laughed as you pulled away.
 
“Quite a shocking experience.”
 
“Oh, shut up.”
 
Jongdae grabbed your hand, grinning, “We should get back to the others.”
 
“M'kay.” 
 
“Race ya! Winner gets to use their powers on Kai when we get there!”
 
The two of you sped off towards the fire Chanyeol had started to keep everyone warm in the light of EXO Planet's smallest moon.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
“What's up with you two?” Kris raised an eyebrow at you two. 
 
You both were leaning over your knees, panting heavily, “Race... Tired... I win — Oof!”
 
You had promptly pushed Jongdae over, “Whatever.”
 
Jongdae was on the ground, huffing and puffing with his eyes closed.
 
“Hey Kai.”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Help me up will ya?”
 
“No.” Jongin wrapped his arm around Jaegyu's shoulder.
 
“Hyung, just help him up.” Jaegyu said.
 
“But I don't want to.”
 
Jaegyu shifted into his female form, “Please oppa~”
 
“... Aish, fine.” Jongin grumbled, “Using your powers on me, that's low...”
 
“Thanks Jaegyu-yah.” 
 
“You're welcome, hyung.”
 
Jongin reached over to help Jongdae up. When his hand grabbed onto Jongdae's, there was a flash of lightning that connected them and made the younger one yelp making everyone laugh.
 
“What the hell was that for?!”
 
“I have no idea what you're talking about.”