A Little Time Alone

The Pre-Shoot

Most girls don't know this, but guys can be worse-off when it comes to whining and ing. They had complaints for everything. 

While the guys sat there complaining about the Nth time, Doojoon decided to head out to get some fresh air. He seemed a little... distant? I couldn't put my finger on it,but he seemed to be a little bothered by something. He patted Yoseob on the shoulder and pointed to the door with his thum while nodding his head once. Yoseob nodded back, and went back into the conversation. 

As he walked out, I realized that his usually-strong-and-straight back was hunched over and he seemed lacklustre and unconfident as he trudged out onto the dark Hongdae street in silence, reaching into his pocket to take out his phone.

Hyunseung was muttering about something to me, but I was too distracted, I just nodded absent-mindedly while keeping my eye on Doojoon's back walking out.

The door swung shut.

I turned to look at Hyunseung, who, by this time, was quiet. 

No, it wasn't just him. The whole table was quiet. 

Gikwang looked at me especially piercingly.

"What was that, Hye Ri?" Gikwang asked. His hand, which I didn't even notice was my hand before, had stopped moving and was slowly backing away.

I was confused, "Huh? What was what?"

Gikwang isn't normally the jealous guy, but he got up in a huff and headed to the gent's saying something about pent-up tension. , what happened while I was day-dreaming? Wait, I'm not interested right now. I want to know what's wrong with Doojoon. Is that weird? I mean, Gikwang's the one who's been courting me, but I'm not interested in what he's got to say for now.

"Hye Ri-ya. Is that true?" asked Yoseob, worried.

"What? Is what true? What? Wait, what's wrong with Doojoon, guys?"

They narrowed their eyes at me.

"You really did have a change of heart, didn't you?" Yoseob probed.

I was caught off-guard. "No. I didn't. What are you talking about. I DON'T have a thing for Doojoon at all."

What followed was a collective "What?!" from the whole group.

.

"Wait, what is going on? I'm... I wasn't paying attention!"

"Hyunseung hyung said you're looking at Doojoon funny, and he jokingly asked if you liked him. You kept staring at Doojoon while nodding," Dongwoon helped.

"!" I swore. I sighed. "I guess.. I'm confused."

Gikwang came back, stood next to me and looked me dead in the eye - "Do you even have feelings for me?"

I stared back for what seemed like hours before tearfully saying, "I'm sorry. I don't know anymore."

Gikwang nodded and sat down, being cool on the outside, but fuming on the inside.

I wanted to remedy this, I really did - but I was worried bout Doojoon. So, I put my hand on Gikwang's hand, apologized again. Looked at the guys at the table and gave them a look each and told them I'll say my goodbyes for the night, then headed out looking for Doojoon.

**

"What are you doing?" I asked him. 

I've been watching him play on the Claw machine for some time, before approaching him.

"How'd you know where to look?" he asked, eyes not shifting from the game.

"I didn't. I was just... walking past, heading home," I lied.

"Bull. Your dorm's the other way."

"Yeah, well you seemed bothered. I'll buy you a round of Soju. Let's go." I offered.

"Call!" He finally turned and looked at me, before he fist-pumped the air and pulled out his new soft-toy that he'd gotten at that exact moment.