Some Time Off

The Pre-Shoot

With my lack of acting stints, I was nothing closer to a bum on most days. On some days, I was called out to become some extra in a commercial, dancing in the background with a mobile phone in my hand, shouting and cheering for an imaginary band that was going to be filled in using special effects.

Well, I guess since it pays, that's good enough. I mean, I was already going to start paying back the company for all my training and lodging soon, might as well start saving.

My weekdays were usually filled with classes and training for half a day, then I'm left all alone. See, that's why I wish I had trained to be a member of a girl group - they always have each other to rely on. 

I got a call from my mom a few times, but she's too busy to take the bus up to Seoul at the time.

Worse, Doojoon's schedule seemed really busy, so I barely had any time to meet up with him. Instead, the other boys kept me company. We've been hanging out at the studios a lot, while I listened to the new songs Junhyung was producing, and Yoseob kept trying to teach me to sing with my "head voice," and I kept failing miserably, sounding instead, like a dying goose trying to release its last sqawk.

I don't know if I've already told you yet, but I'm a major Ace. I love Gikwang. So whenever I had time to spend with him, I'd literally be bursting with joy. I mean, honestly, I don't know how his ex girlfriend could cheat on him, or dump him, while complaining that he's boring. That boy is nothing BUT boring - he's brought me to the most happening clubs, suggested the whole group of us to watch the awesomest movies, and best of all, he brought me bungee jumping! He's even showed me so many new mobile games to get addicted to, on my long rides to and from classes, studio and shoot locations.

But, something in me changed. I found myself thinking more about Doojoon - I wondered what Cologne he wore. The one that comes in a blue bottle and smells like heaven. I wondered whether he was tired, shooting all those action scenes. I wondered if he had eaten. Everytime he called, we'd talk for hours. I'd ordered his favourite foods and got them delivered to his shooting locations. I'd never done this for anyone before. What's going on??

Then one day, Doojoon calls me while I was out with the boys again. He asks where we were, and informed us that he actually had time to join us. I'd barely seen him for weeks, aside from our Skype call sessions. My heart was pumping out of my chest. 

The last time we'd met was at another script-reading, and we'd shared a passionate practice kiss. He'd leaned in slowly, while he used his thumb to wipe away my tears, then slowly laid his lips onto mine. His tear fell, but he didn't stop. I felt his tongue probe into my lips, and I reciprocated. We'd break the kiss, and heave heavy breaths for a couple of seconds before going back at it. We kissed like our lives depended on it. We were so into it, that we didn't hear our director say "ok, next scene. guys? guyyyys? next scene!" and he proceeded to pull us apart.

I don't know whether it was because my heart beat was so deafening to me, but I swear, I didn't hear any of that, until Dong Seob oppa told me so.

Weird. My heart was beating extra fast, and loud, and my breathing was labored. I was flushed - my face was hot. And I felt like... I needed to kiss him again. 

That was a few weeks ago - and now we're meeting with the other guys around. 

Hyunseung, Yoseob, Gikwang and I were walking along the alley from their apartment, past Cube Cafe and headed to get a cab along the main road after getting a drink was Tom n Toms. But I just stopped. I couldn't walk anymore. I was jelly. 

"Are you okay? Why do you look so flushed?" Gikwang asked, while trying to pull me along, away from a crowd of B2UTYs that had gathered outside Tom n Toms. Yoseob hailed a cab quickly and before we knew it, we were in the cab on our way to Hongdae.

"What was happening back there?" Hyunseung, clearly worried asked me while turning back to look at me form the front seat.

"I don't know. I suddenly felt like I couldn't move."

"You sure you want to hang out with us tonight? If you're sick, you should rest." 

"I'm sure. I'm okay now."

**

We'd arrived at Honggik University, and we'd walked down towards the playground where every weekend, it turns into a flea market. It was nice to be in the dark and without being noticed much.

Thing is, fans are only where they expect you to be - Lee Minho could walk past a normal citizen without being noticed if no one told them he was there. 

We did get a couple of, "OMG ARE YOU......?" but that's about it. If no one freaks out, no one else finds out.

B2utys aren't really that bad - they're really respectful of the boys and give them space when they need it. I mean, some get overly excited, but they're usually respectful. They'd perhaps snap a photo and follow you around, but would never be rude when you refuse a photo.

But today, being in the youth-filled Hongdae flea market without anyone knowing we were there felt great. We walked around and felt normal. People had started to know who I was because I'd been doing promos for the movie and obviously, been photographed a lot by fans. I'd also been on quite a number of shows as a guest emcee, so I could say that I'm starting out somewhere!

We bought a few stuff from the flea, and headed to the famous noraebang with the glass walls, and ordered a few drinks, and played a few songs while waiting for Doojoon.

**

I was doing a duet of "Nagging" by IU and Seulong with Yoseob when the door flew open, and in came Junhyung and Dongwoon, and behind them was Doojoon. 

I felt like everything slowed down - like one of those cheesy scenes out of a Hollywood comedy. But I swear, it felt like that. Doojoon walked in and my heart started pumping hard again. I couldn't hear anything except for my heart and I saw nothing except for him. Suddenly, the memory and feelings of what went down the last time we met rushed through my mind. 

I blushed.

He walked over to the guys and gave them a hug each, and finally came up to me and so comfortably hugged me, and pecked me on the forehead with a kiss. I tried to act cool and we all sat down around the table filled with snacks and soft drinks.

We spent the next two hours singing and immitating and laughing, and then we spent the rest of the night clubbing at Club Coccoon, before we retreated to the 24-hour cafe next to it for coffee.

... To be continued