C'mon, it's only a game.

untitled

Sehun tugged at the collar of his blue-black leather jacket, studying the stranger with wary eyes. The man withdrew the cigarette from his mouth; Sehun didn’t know if the smoke that spewed forth from the parted lips into the crisp night air was from an exhale or the tobacco.

There wasn’t much of a difference anyway.

Sehun wasn't sure why, but somehow there was a hypnotic aura around this man, a magnetic pull from his every action. He couldn't help the haunting feeling creeping up his spine.

The man took one last long draw of smoke before turning to walk away. Sehun continued to watch the red-hot cigarette with hooded eyes, watched how it glowed brighter, then dimmer, then brighter, then dimmer, as the figure swung his arm, to and fro. The ember’s glow was fading as he edged further and further away, before it completely melded with the night and became—

Pitch-black.
--
Sehun awoke in a poorly-lit room to a gravelly voice.

"Would you like to play a game?"

Sehun’s distrustful eyes betrayed him, but he was sure it was a common sight to the one standing before him, if the throaty chuckle that unsettled him, down to the marrow of his backbone, was any sign.

"C'mon, it's only a game. I'm sure you already know the rules."

His eyes flickered to what was behind this faceless being. A table, with nine other people already sitting at it.

Sehun supposed the circular sitting arrangement created a pretense of... bonding between these strangers. It was a nice veil for the thick tension blanketing the seated.

Too bad it doesn't hide much.

So yes, he could already guess what the rules were to this… game.

"And if you win... Well, then I'll grant you a wish."

His eyes stared blankly at the blackness that covered this... thing's face. Sehun’s mind had become an expanse of emptiness that could only be explained as, well, black.

But two words, almost-glaringly white to his mind’s eye, remained.

"A... wish."

"Yes. Anything you want. Anyone you want. A wish."

Sehun probably wasn't quite right in the head anymore; whether if it was because of this masked entity, or his own desperation to just get the hell out of here, or the lone light in the room that swung just slightly, slowly, tauntingly above the nine heads, or the small voice (Sehun didn't know where it came from; it was just there) that chanted "take the risk, for a wish, take the risk, for a wish...", he didn't know.

But he nodded.

As he was given a seat of his own in the ring, Sehun could even hear the sadistic glee, "You haven't missed much; we've only just started."

He didn't know if that meant "we've only just started the game" or "we've only just started the dominoes of death".

There wasn’t much of a difference anyway.

So he just sighed, "Pass the gun please."

He internally shuddered at his polite words while a revolver was pressed into his open palm. Manners were so... unfitting of the situation at hand.

The situation at hand... He weighed the firearm in his hand thoughtfully, traced a careful finger over its simple design.

How befitting.

It was "only a game" of Russian roulette, a gamble that was plain, was simple.

His finger slipped through the trigger guard, onto the trigger. Simple.

Your life either continues or ends when the trigger is pulled.

He raised the muzzle to his temple.

Simple.

Sehun smiled one last time at his fellow players, the masochistic curve slightly clinging to his lips before—

"Bang."
---
Pretty long A/N, reading this part is optional, really:

The beginning is crappy, I'm really sorry about that. I had an idea, but then it came out badly as well, so... I tried to make this one work, but it still didn't come out quite right.

Okay, I don’t even know why, but how I wrote it, I actually made this like… reverse-Russian roulette. If you don’t know, Russian roulette is basically where you have a gun and you only put one bullet into it and it’s a game of chance to see if you basically… die or not… But I sort of implied that there is only one unloaded chamber in the gun, which means that there is only one survivor/winner. It’s pretty scary, and I don’t even know how my mind made up all of this. I guess you could kind of blame Spica for even making that song and music video; that’s what originally sparked my curiosity to look “Russian roulette” up.

As to whether or not Sehun survived, that is up to you, the reader. But just remember, Sehun was actually the first one to play, so he actually had the smallest chance of winning.
I made this so open-ended and generic and I’m just making you do all the work. Like, why would Sehun suddenly show interest in the promised wish? Is it because he’s in love with someone? I had such thoughts, and was just like, “Eh, too lazy to write more.” Sorry… But I actually do have some possible endings I could write and post if anyone is interested…?