Final

"You Can't Wear My "

 

          Chunji woke up. There were lots of commotions outside the room. He rubbed his eyes to clear his vision. He smiled. He remembered Seige. He turned to her side but she nowhere in the room.

            He ran towards the door and there Seige was being brought to God knows where. He tried to keep up with the team that was transferring her.

            While being transferred Seige forced to open her eyes and reached her hand out to Chunji. Chunji grabbed her hand and squeezed it as a sign of assurance that she’ll be fine.

            “I’m sorry,” she forced every ounce of consciousness.

            “Don’t say that.” Chunji is now forcing himself to prevent from crying.

            “You know, I don’t want to leave without cleaning up my room.” She smiled bitterly.

            “I’ll clean up your room or you. When you get back you won’t see underwear or clothes everywhere.” He sniffed.

            Seige laughed feebly. “Then I’ll leave all my underwear in your care but please don’t wear them.”

            Chunji laughed softly, “You’re making jokes, which means you’re getting better. I’ll wait for your return.”

            Chunji brushed her cheeks and wiped away her tears. Then he let go. The nurses entered her into an operating room.

            Sungmin-hyung smiled at him and reassured her safety.

            He didn’t feel right at all. Even with all the reassurances he still feels he’ll lose her. Life is not like the movies. Miracles seldom happen. That’s his belief ever since but now he’s wishing for stars to align and wish that he could turn back time.

           

 

 

            Chunji stood in the living with all Seige’s relatives. They wore black and white. Emge and Mimz are silent as ever. Sungmin-hyung’s eyes were all red and swollen from crying. He on the other hand could no longer cry. Every relative gathered at her grandmother’s house at Dokdo.  It’s been two months since he last saw Seige. He never got over her. Everyday in his life becomes unbearable. He couldn’t find any means to be happy again.    He can no longer find any reason to live.

            Seige had a tumor in the head. She stopped receiving operation two years ago because the doctors said it was pointless. She could only suppress the pain with sedatives to make the rest of her life less painful. At times she would faint because she could no longer endure the pain. He was pathetic, he believed her when she said it was anemia.

            Sungmin-hyung approached him.

            “Chunji.” He grabbed my hand and put something in my palms.

            “Hyung? What’s this?” It was a CD with his name on it.

            “Seige wanted to give you see that. She videotaped it herself.”

            He forced himself not to cry.

            “Would you like to watch it?” he asked. He could only nod as answer.

            Sungmin-hyung opened the player and put the CD inside.

            Seige appeared in the screen. She wore the dress that he picked out for her including the shoes. She’s pretty. He felt a tear fell down his cheeks.

            “Chunji-ah, are you feeling well? Did you eat well?”

            Pain is all he could feel right now. It’s feels like his chest would burst out. He wished he’s with her right now.

            “Do you know why I was bought this dress? I sincerely felt that I won’t be here long. I wanted to wear something beautiful when I leave. You know what? I also wished I could wear this to my wedding. This dress is special to me because you picked it out for me. This dress will always remind me of you. Even if I thought you were gay I truly felt that I loved you. I’m happy that I met you. For a long time, I wished to be alive for you. Mianhe Chunji-ah. Saranghae.” She waved goodbye at the camera and the screen went blank.

            He could no longer hold on. He let out soft sobs of pain. Someone tapped his shoulder to comfort him and held out a white handkerchief. He accepted it.

            “You know, Chunji-ah. Everyone’s staring. They’ll think you’re gay even more.”

            Chunji turned around to see Seige in her pretty white dress smiling at him like an angel. He her cheeks. She held his hand.

            He was speechless. She’s there right in front of him. Flesh and blood.

            “Don’t cry.” She wiped away his tears. 

            “Please don’t scare me like that,” is the only thing he could say then he kissed her like there’s no tomorrow.

           It turns out, Sungmin-hyung left not because he was asked by his uncle to help in their business in Dokdo but to go to states and look for a neurosurgeon that is willing to operate on her.  The operation took place during the day that Chunji last saw Seige. It was only a supplementary operation. She was chartered to America the next day to be operated. It was successful but she lost few of her memories. She had to undergo therapy to fully recover.

            Chunji was invited to attend her welcoming party. Everybody kept it a secret to surprise him. The reason why they wore black and white  dresses was because Seige requested them to. Seige reasoned that it would be better to follow the motif of her dress that Chunji picked out for her.

            “I’m good at scaring you, aren’t I?” Seige smiled.

            “You won’t be able to do it from now on.”

            He pinched her nose and kissed the tip of her nose.

            “Did you clean up my room?” she encircled her arms to his waist.

            “Yup.’

            “You didn’t wear my underwear?”

            “I didn’t, but I keep one in my pocket everday.”

            “Yah!”

           

 

*I'm sorry that I ended it so soon but only becasue I wanted to follow it with a part 2. i hope to receive some love. Thanks you guys..because its my first time..I got pumped up when 3 subscribers showed up on my profile..thatnk you! That girl on the picture is my friend and this fanfic was dedicated to her for her 18th birthday..