★--chapter 2

My Guardian Angel

Authors POV – Changmin:

That evening felt strange, everything he did seemed unnatural and out of place. As Changmin sat by his desk at his office, he rewound and took apart the events of that day. It was 9:13PM and the day's events started to bother him, he was certain that the car was going to hit him, and judging by the speed of it – it would have killed him too. No foul play suspected, the police had said. It was simply good luck for him that the car suddenly swerved into the Starbucks window. Changmin had already fired an employee that was – unfortunately for her – caught saying that she 'sort of wished the bastard just died today'. Which was harsh, and any employer and proud man in their right mind would fire them immediately. Choi Soojung, that was her name. Her sister had killed herself a few years ago, he remembered because it was during an important meeting that she got the news and Changmin wouldn't let her leave without a good excuse. A frown took over his previously blank expression and he sat up straight, reminding himself that guilt was not in the list of feelings if you want to be successful.

 

11:57PM: The dawn of a new day was almost there and Changmin was still in his office, finishing off the paperwork that would have been done during the time he was forced to answer questions at the hospital. They just wanted his money. Everybody knew that he was rich, everybody also knew of Shim Changmin. He has been Cosmopolitan's 'Nr 1 Bachelor Under 30' for 3 years running now, and him almost dying was sure to guarantee him the number one spot this year too.

 

However, he didn't care much about that. The was good, but aside from that, what else was in it for him? It was now that Changmin decided that getting any more paperwork done was hopeless, he was distracted, tired and confused. He finished his water and stood up, fixing his suit and putting a few things in his briefcase before leaving the office and making his way out of the building and to his car.

 

On the drive home, a previously sunny day was ruined by a massive downpour of rain. Thunder and lighting was to be heard and seen too. This type of weather was usually described as 'God's anger' or the rage of Zeus – not that Changmin believed in either of them.

 

As he pulled up into his garage, he got out of his car and ran inside. He unlocked his front door and opened it, then just as he was about to go inside he noticed a white figure curled up on the edge of his porch out of the corner of his eye. Slightly confused, Changmin turned his head and approached what now seemed to be a person – a female to be precise. She didn't look like one of his crazy ex girlfriends, most of them loved their hair and make-up too much to stay out in the ran anyway. As he got closer, he noticed an envelope which read 'For Shim Changmin's eyes only'. “What the hell...” he muttered quietly under his breath as he reached out for the envelope and opened it, reading the contents of the letter.

 

'Dearest Changmin,

I am already breaking the rules by sending her to you, so be good and stay quiet. I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience that this may bring to you, but this is the only thing I can do for her.

Yours sincerely, a guardian Angel.'

 

“Sending her? Do for her? Guardian angel? I have no time for this.” he said out loud and squatted down to the female's level, reached out and shook her shoulders. “Hello? Miss?” he said as he attempted to wake her up, then just as her head rolled over to reveal her other shoulder he noticed a red stain that could only be one thing, blood. Changmin's eyes widened slightly and he instinctively lifted the female up bridal style and carried her into his house.

 

Having placed the stranger on the bed in his guest bedroom, he started cursing under his breath while pacing along the room and trying to figure out what to do. Stay quiet, the letter had read. What on Earth was meant by that?  


Authors Note: 

Hi guys! I'm sorry it took so long to update, I lost all motivation to do any type of writing for a while if I'm honest. But I'm back and stronger than ever! I went to the library and took out some books about how to write as well so hopefully you'll see some improvements in my writing in general. I hope you like this chapter! I wrote it after reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green so don't mind me if there are some mistakes I missed in the 100000x I reread this.

Leave a comment! I love you <3