★--chapter 1

My Guardian Angel

Changmin's POV:

Somebody, kill me. I sighed as I started to cross the road to the Starbucks that was opposite my workplace, these kind of things were usually done by my assistant but something about today made me want to get out of that office. It was like it was suffocating me: the same people, the same meetings, the same meaningless chatter about events that would probably never even occur. Why do women do that? They plan out a get together or a party in detail and then just pretend they never brought it up. So pointless. I was never a fan of pointless things.

A loud car beep brought me out of my daydreaming state and I groaned and turned to flip the driver off, but he was close. Too close. The car was going towards me at probably 60mph, the driver was signaling for me to move out of the way but I was frozen. I stared at it, is this how I'm going to die? Have I lived a good life? A never ending line of meaningless questions flew through my mind and I closed my eyes, breathing in slowly and preparing for impact. Ironic, isn't it? I'm going to die in such a pathetic way. Maybe I should have apologized to my family...

CRASH.

Am I dead already? What is this? I can't hear anything. Anyone? Help! I tried to open my mouth but I couldn't. I tried to open my eyes but it was as if they were forced shut.

Slowly, everything came back to me. A male voice was shouting at me from the road but I couldn't make out what it was saying at that moment. Eventually I could open my eyes and look around. "." I muttered as I saw exactly what just happened. The car that had been coming at me was now crashed into the window of the Starbucks I was just about to go to, the doors were jammed by a truck which came from the side. I finally turned to the man, "What happened?" I asked, although I knew the answer. It was difficult to process, I was almost certain that car was going to hit me and that I was going to die. I was prepared to die... kind of. 

"You got lucky, young man." said the man, his expression softening as he spoke to me. "Someone, up there, is looking out for you." he added as he signaled to the sky with his eyes. Up there? Did he mean Heaven? A quiet sigh left my lips as I shook my head a bit, I was an Atheist. I did not believe in anything but the power of hard work and money; those who say that money can't buy happiness are dirty little liars. What had just occurred was sheer luck on my part and a coincidence on everyone else's.

 

Sooyoung's POV:

It was an accident.

I lost track of thought and just did it.

I bit my lip as I paced back and forth trying to think of a liable excuse and glancing down to look at Changmin every once in a while. He was alive, that was the main thing. I sighed and dropped onto my cloud, pouting my lips while realizing what consequences now awaited me. I would be sent down to Earth, damned to live a long and depressing life. Was it worth it, seeing him take that breath after his time expired? Seeing those dates go from seconds to years? Yes, it most definitely was. 

"Choi Sooyoung, you've done it now." I heard a voice behind me. It could only belong to my best friend, Jessica. I gulped and turned to face her, already knowing what she would say. Jessica was above me, way above me. She was an archangel while I was simply... An angel. "You know I have no choice but to take you to speak Camael, right now..." she said as she looked down, her voice quieter than when she spoke to get my attention. "What... What would happen if you said you didn't see?" I asked her hesitantly, asking an archangel to lie was like asking a baby to kill somebody. Dishonesty was a sin, even I knew that but I enjoyed my life in Heaven, I wanted it to last for as long as possible. 

"You know I can't do that Sooyoung, you just set your fate but I will not follow you down the same path." she answered more strictly, holding out her hand for mine. Quivering, I slowly stepped forward and took her hand. Everything went strange, it was like I was flying with my feet firmly on the ground and all of the heavens was spinning around me all at once. I had only used these means of travel one other time and that was when Tipheret, Camael's assistant or something warned me about my interactions with the human. As the sensation stopped, my fear kicked in. I already knew what was going to happen, my wings and my lifespan sight would get would get taken away. I would get sent down to earth wearing nothing but a white dress and a leaf crown that would be worthless on earth. 

I was right. 


A/N:

Sorry for the cringey start. oAo

I just wanted everyone to know what's going on before I made Sooyoung go down to earth. c:

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I'll be updating frequently so subscribe for more!

Also! Camael is an angel that punishes those who transgress against God, read more here if you want.

Bye bye! See you soon~ :3