A-Cupid needed

A-Cupid needed

“You're late,” Chorong stated, lips pursed into a thin line, arms crossed.

“Sorry, I've had schedule. What counts is that I'm here, right?” Woohyun flashed a smile, which faded right away, seeing no change in her expression.

“No. You're always so busy Nam Woohyun, these past weeks we've rarely met and each time you're late. Seems like these days everything is more important than me for you. I'm fed up with it! That's just not how a relationship works!” she scolded. Yeah, she knew well how hard it could get being an idol, with packed schedules, exhaustment, but always having to perform perfectly and show their best smile. She knew even better, being the leader of her group. It's not easy to lead a relationship secretly, among all of these, but they were capable of it, by mutually sacrificing. Well, until a while ago, when he kind of stopped cooperating. And by time, she got tired of it, being the only one to sacrifice, when her position held more responsibiliy, and what she got in return? He was late, careless, only brought his old, cheesy lines. Their dates weren't like in the early days, when he was actually romantic and courteous, made her feel all fluttered. They hardly kissed. She decided that either way, this state had to come to an end.

“I... I'm really sorry,” Woohyun took up a regretful face, puppy eyes and a pout.

“This is so not gonna work this time,” Chorong stomped one foot. “Man up.” He did so, keeping only the sad eyes.

“I'll be less busy when our promotions end. I can pay more attention to you again, and I promise I will.”

“We both know you started to neglect me even before your promotions started. And actually we're promoting as well and I still have the time for you. Search for a better excuse.”

“We were preparing for the comeback...”

“Woohyun,” she cut him off sternly.

“I just don't know how things got wrong,” he scratched his head. He knew he souldn't bring this up, but he had no excuse left, except for the truth. “They told me before you were an ice princess, but everything was okay in the beginning. Then you started becoming colder...”

“So... you're even blaming it on me?” Her voice sounded dangerous. “Don't you think I had my reason for becoming cold? You were repeating the same greasy lines and acts, which were nice at first, but became boring and you know what, even annoying as the pink fog left my mind. Don't you think you're such a jackpot!”

“I've always been like that, but you still fell for me. While the Park Chorong I met wasn't the ice princess, but a nice girl who smiled and blushed a lot, joked and flirted around,” he retorted.

“Guess I was foolish enough to love you already. I really can't understand my past self, what I loved so much about you, you're a bastard at times! I'm done with you, Nam Woohyun. God bless you.” With that, she scurried away, not even waiting for him to say his farewell as well, leaving a dumbfounded Woohyun behind. He was really exhausted, not really taking in what was going on, why she made a big fuss about him being late. Yeah, it wasn't the first time, but Infinite was extremely busy these days. Their company had to turn down several offers for shows, because they were already overpacked. He still tried his best to meet up with his girlfriend at least once a week, but these dates were getting screwy, with her being only half-hearted, not appreciating anything, even the best Woohyun could bring up after a long day. If she was a girl like this, even though he still had feelings for her, Wooyhun was better off without Chorong. Yeah, he'd forget her soon. He returned to their dorm to get some sleep he'd been lacking on instead of a gloomy date.

~*~*~

“What the hell!”

“Hmm?” Sunggyu turned to an indignant Woohyun, to see what's bothering his friend.

“He's way too old for her!” Sunggyu wanted to ask who, then realized thre younger was staring in the direction of Chorong and B2ST's Doojoon chatting intimately.

“Oh come on, it's almost two weeks since she dumped you. You should stop stalking her.”

“I'm not stalking he,” Woohyun pouted. “I just noticed it. And he's too old for her.”

“Doojoon is my age, only two years apart from her and you. That's not big of an ,” Sunggyu said, almost huffed. If Doojoon was labeled old, than so was he.

~*~*~

“Woohyun is staring at you again,” Doojoon smiled as he whispered to Chorong.

“Really?”

“No, don't show him you know it!” Doojoon grabbed her arm when she tried to turn around. “He shouldn't know we're talking about him. But he seems to still be in love with you. Why did you dump him anyways? You were such a nice couple.”

“Do you think so, oppa?” Chorong tried to suppress a smile.

“Sure you were,” Doojoon added before he left for his own business. A Pink's leader was left smiling, finally she turned back, but could only see her ex-boyfriend's back, being lead away by his own leader.

~*~*~

Chorong curled up in a ball on her bed, on the verge of crying. No, she didn't cry, she was strong enough. What whould she say to her members anyways, why was shy crying? Missing the boy she herself dumped three weeks ago? But she painfully was, she missed Woohyun so badly, since Infinite packed up promotions and left for their concert tour, she couldn't even catch a glimpse of him backstage, or while monotirng them. Chorong felt her days empty, without seeing him, making long-long phone calls or just exchanging text messages. Since they stopped every kind of contact, she realized how much they communicated, even when she felt neglected, she received o lot of text messages, and now was carving for traces of him. Unfortunately, in her anger, she had deleted all their text messages right after the break-up. She had regretted it almost right away, but it couldn't be undone. She also deleted his number, but knew it by heart, so it was on her contact list again. But she wouldn't call. No way she would admit it directly to him, how wrong she was when dumped him. He wouldn't answer anyways, maybe they're performing somewhere. Or he just didn't want to talk with her. Wait, why was she thinking about it, she wasn't calling in the first place! She finally decided on watching some performance video, which she knew in advance, resulted in breaking down. And her luck is just like that, Bomi had to walk in on her crying.

“Unnie?” the younger rushed to her immediately, and just by glancing on the screen, she instantly knew what was wrong and hugged her leader tightly. “You still love him, right?”

“I didn't realize how much,” Chorong sobbed.

“Unnie... you can still go back to him.”

“But... I was the one to dump him. It'd be such a cringe. I won't go that low.”

“It's your pride or your heart. You have the choice, but you have to make it quickly, before he moves on,” Bomi said wisely. The older just held onto her tighter as she continued crying.

“I can't. I just can't...”

~*~*~

“You got it?”

“Wow, you're amazing!”

“So she still has his number?”

“Quiet, she'll wake up!” Bomi hushed the A Pink members, who were standing around her, jostling each other to get a better view on the little something on Bomi's palm. She held Chorong's phone in her shaking hands, hastily searchig for a number. “There's no entry with Woohyun, Namu or anything like that...”

“I guess sarang is him,” Hayoung giggled. She was the one who stood right behind Bomi and could also see the names. The girls giggled as well and agreed. They wrote the number down, and Bomi smuggled back the gadget where it belonged.

“So, we'll call him now or what?” Yookyung asked, when they all sat in a small circle in the living room.

“Yeah, we'll tell him that Chorong is just too proud to admit it, but she needs him,” Namjoo shared the plan with the rest. They all nodded in agreement, then looked at each other in silence.

“And... who'll make the call?” Naeun posed the big question making everyone excited. Silence fell on the premises for long moments.

“I'll do it,” Eunji took her phone off her packet. They all held back their breaths as she dialed. It seemed to ring for ages.

Yoboseyo?”

“It's his voice! It's Woohyun!” Bomi whispered eagerly.

“Yoboseyo, I'm A Pink's Jung Eunji. Woohyun-shhi?”

Neh, it's me. Why are you calling, Eunji-sshi?”

“Erm... do you have the time? I... I mean we, as A Pink, have something to tell you.”

Neh, I have the time, tell me plase.”

“It's about our leader Chorong. She's...”

“Totally down.”

“Lovesick.”

“...quite down since your break-up, you know.”

Really? I thought she already moved on. I saw her with Doojoon.”

“Listen, he's hoping!”

“And jealous!”

“Swit, he'll hear you!”

“No, not really... I mean not at all. She's missing you badly. Just...”

“Playing the ice princess.”

“...since she was the one to dump you, we think she's too proud to admit it.”

“What are you girls doing?” Chorong's cold voice sounded through the room, making the A Pink members mute.

So you think, if I apologized, I'd still have a ...?”

“Ooops, she's... I'm hanging up now,” Eunji cluttered before hanging up quickly.

“Don't tell me you just called Woohyun.” Their leader said, half of a threat, half of a plead. No one dared to answer. As she advanced on them, they crawled bacwards. Afterwards, calling Woohyun didn't seem such a good idea, especially for Eunji, who realized it. Chorong simply snatched away the phone from her hand, and upon recognizing the number, almost dropped it. She handed it back, then sat down, whole body shaking. “If you want to ashame your leader, you just did the perfect thing.” She said softly, hardly above a whisper. It was the first time the whole group could see her vulnerable side, and it was scary. Because if the always-so-strong leader could be like this, then how weak were they?

“I'm... I'm so sorry unnie. It was my idea,” Bomi spoke up. She was still one of the bravest members, and one close to Chorong. “We just wanted to help you, to see you happy and balanced again, and concluded that he loves you back, so we assumed you two just needed a push.”

“He sounded like it'll be enough,” Eunji confirmed, gaining back her courage.

“Still, you shouldn't have intervened in my business,” Chorong shook her head. “What if you screw it up.”

“There was nothing to screw up. The only risk was that you'd find out and rant on us,” Yookyung stated, and the rest of the girls nodded. The oldest just sighed.

“That's right, I screwed it up properly. Guess I need to thank you if it'll work. If not... then again, you tried, and also took the risk of angering me. So... thank you girls for standing by me,” she showed a faint smile, before returning to her room. She really needed some sleep, too tired from crying too much, and now even being scared. The girls glanced at each other, seeing their own surprise mirrored on five other faces. They all felt that they got a step closer to the ice princess.

~*~*~

Chorong was still sleeping, when someone knocked on the door. Hayoung was the nearest, so went to check it thorugh the peephole.

“It's Nam Woohyun!” she fleed back.

Eunji, you open it! I'll wake Chorong!” Bomi shouted, rushing towards the leader's room. If the din the six girls made upon hearing the news wasn't enough. Nam Woohyun came to the dorm in two hours after the phone call!

“Why meee,” the main vocal whined, but was already on her way. “Annyeonghaseyo~” she smiled cutely as she opened the door wide.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Is Chorong at home?” he asked, a bit intimidated by the fuss. It could be heard outside as well.

“Neh, she's been sleeping so not at her best, but still... get in, she'll come soon.” Eunji leaded their guest to the kitchen, the other girls hiding, but still peeping. Woohyun felt a bit strange passing by them.

~*~*~

“No way, I'm not in the state to meet him!” Chorong protested when Bomi, upon seeing she was already awakened, practically yanked her out of the bed and commanded her to go see Woohyun.

“It's no or never, unnie,” Bomi encouraged, pulling her up from the ground. “Go.” She emphasized with a light push towards the door. The older girl knew she was right, so took a deep breath, built her composure and left the bedroom.

“Ah, unnie, we're here,” Eunji jumped up from the kitchen chair, when she caught a glimpse of her leader, and practically escaped from the premises. Chorong passed her coolly and closed the door behind her, to the disappointment of her members, who were obviously going to eavesdrop. She couldn't be sure that they wouldn't do so this way.

“Annyeong,” she greeted softly.

“Annyeong.” Woohyun arose from his chair and walked in front of her. “I don't know if it softens you, but I brought some flowers,” he pulled a bouquet from behind his back. “Not as beautiful as you, though.”

“You're still greasy,” Chorong smiled softly, but didn't reach out to take the flowers. “And it's not true, I look horrible now.”

“Beauty isn't just clothes, hairdo and make-up, you know,” the boy said, musing at her, making her blush. Yeah, it was like in their early times, when they weren't even dating. Small compliments, shyness, building feelings. They were careful this time too, being already hurt. “I think I owe you an apology. I don't know exactly why, I was too busy to even realize it, but if you claim I was neglecting you, I sure was. So... I'm sorry for that. Can you give me one more chance to make it right? I've been missing you crazily.”

“I'm... I'm the one who should apologize,” she whispered, head hanging down. “You were so busy, but you still made our dates fit in your schedules, and instead of being grateful, I was nagging you and showing a cold shoulder. I'm a horrible girlfriend. I even let my own tiredness ruin our dates, then our relationship. I don't deserve you, but I'll be the happiest person on Earth, if you took me back.” She finally lifted her head, and connected eyes with him. And they both get lost, again, in the vortex of love. Never looking away, he took a step forward, closing the distance between them, and precautious of the bouquet, he hugged her petite waist. She just leaned into his arms, seeking for support, her knees not strong enough anymore. He brought her closer to his chest, hugging her with both arms.

“You're skinnier. Did you lose wight?” He sounded worried.

“Do you know how much tears weight?” Chorong joked, but there was something true and thus sad in that sentence.

“I'm sorry,” Woohyun looked so much apologetic. “But at least... we know both that relationships aren't all smiles, and that they are worth fighting for.”

“Yeah, but enough of phylosophy for now,” she giggled and finally planted her lips on his. She'd been carving for this for three weeks and it felt like home. A long-lost one.

“Ahhw, they're kissing. Guess our work is finished here,” Eunji stated, getting up from kneeling in front of the keyhole. “Woosh, it's not a nice thing to eavesdrop!” She hushed the girls towards the living room, following right after. Bomi grinned at her proudly.

“We're definitely the best matchmakers!”

 


A/N: hope you guys enjoyed it. Mind to leave some comments below? :)