Girl Friend

I am your Girl Friend

He's angry, I know it, but he isn't telling me why.

He was driving back to his apartment, both hands firmly on the steering wheel, and staring straight at the road ahead. Other times, his eyes would be twinkling and he would be sharing jokes with me, telling me things about his day.

Tonight, something was off. But I have no idea why.

Yes, this is my best friend, Kwon Ji Yong, the leader of popular Korean boy group, Big Bang. We go a long way back, and knew each other even before we were successful adults. We supported each other through many things, performances, film showcases (I'm a film director!), award shows and of course, break ups.

----

Earlier in the night...

My phone rang, and the voice of my best friend filled the silent air in my room. That guy must have changed my ring tone again.

"Yeobosa-", before I could finish my greetings, Ji Yong yelled into the phone, "WOMAN, I AM DOWNSTAIRS AT YOUR PLACE ALREADY. Where are you? Come quick, the party's starting!"

"Yes yes Mr. Bossy." I hung up and checked my reflection once more in the mirror. I wasn't modelesque, not like the girls Ji Yong dated. I was a little bit chubby, if I daresay, but not obscenely obese. I wore a simple tube dress that stopped at my mid-thighs and wore a statement necklace to dress it up. Putting on my black heels, I grabbed my iPhone and purse and went to meet Ji Yong.

He was waiting impatiently in his car and gave me a pout when he saw me. "You're slow," he said, getting out to open the door for me.

"Meh," I stuck my tongue out at him and got into the car.

He was wearing his usual gear, well, that is if Jiyong's fashion sense could be considered normal. Hot red leather skinnies, a plain loose white shirt and a leather jacket. His hair today was a shade of baby pink, waxed to give it a messy, bed-head look.

It was like most club nights, and Ji Yong would bring me along. I don't usually hang out with him and his friends but I needed some cheering up when I broke up with the previous douchebag and Ji brought me to the clubs. It has become some sort of habit for both of us. It is sort of a mutual benefit thing - I get to meet more people (or rather, more eligible guys) since Ji's allowed entry into all these influential and high-profile clubs, I'm his plus-one. For him, well, if he gets pestered by some girl in the club, he will pull me to his side and tell her that I am his girlfriend. I would then smile and play along.

I have met his friends, the Big Bang boys and other YG members. However, they all know our relationship is a strictly 'best friends' kind of thing.

On the ride to the club, Ji won't stop talking, though he always manages to keep me entertained. He told me about some stupid thing Seungri did earlier during an interview and we laughed together. I actually like seeing him laugh, there's a twinkle in his eyes and he would hold up his hands to cover his face. It is kind of cute.

We reached the club and he passed his key to the valet boy, took my hand, or rather, pulled my hand and dragged me into the club, anxious to join the party.

Tonight's party was for Daesung's album release in Japan. Actually, more of a pre-party, since Dae won't be around in Korea when his album actually launches officially. The blonde man saw us at the entrance and he walked over, embracing Ji immediately.

"Ah Hyung, thanks for coming over," Daesung said.

He released Ji from his embrace and turned to me.

"Noona! You're here too! Thanks for coming," I shook his hand and gave him a pat on the back.

"Seems like someone can't come to parties without you now eh," Daesung teased, while eyeing Jiyong.

I chuckled. The YG family were especially fond of teasing me about Ji Yong but I didn't mind - after all, I knew they were joking.

Dae Sung led us through the dance floor and into the private area especially cordoned off for Dae Sung's pre-launch party.

Familiar faces greeted us and I shook hands and gave friendly hugs. The entire Big Bang, 2NE1 sans Minzy, Jinu oppa, Teddy Oppa, most YG crew and some other people I didn't recognize were seated in the area.

We started chatting and we started drinking. Of course, I had to remind Ji Yong to stop after a glass, since he had to drive us home safely after. Most people who heard it gave us "oohs" and "ahs" but Ji Yong rolled his eyes. He scrunched up his nose at me and motioned that he was going to hit the dance floor with the other guys.

CL immediately plopped on the empty seat that Jiyong left and Park Bom unnie shifted to my right. Great, this was the interrogation... AGAIN.

"You sure there's nothing going on between you and Ji oppa?" CL said playfully to me. Bom unnie focused on my face, as if she could read my mind... Not that I would lie anyway.

"No Chae," I said patiently, "We are really just good friends."

Bom unnie pouted, apparently my facial expressions didn't show that I was lying.

I pinched her cheeks, she was always so cute.

"Why so sad unnie?" I laughed. "So..." I let my voice trailed off and wiggled an eyebrow at her.

Her face lit up, "Oh so that's what you were here for!" She said excitedly, nodding at CL.

She came closer to me and whispered, pointing to a man at the corner of the club, "He's pretty hot.. And I think he's the friend of one of the Hi-Tech dancers..."

---

Unfortunately, after 30mins of talking to that guy which Bom pushed me towards, I found out that he indeed is the friend of one of the Hi-Tech dancers, in fact, he was the boyfriend. Having found that out, I extracted myself from the conversation which would have resulted in an embarassing situation if anyone knew I was hitting on a gay. Although he did look hot...

I slumped down back on my seat between Bom and CL, and took a sip of my drink while I told Bom unnie of my embarassment. She laughed and I had to cover to stop her from blabbering to the others.

At this time, Ji Yong and the boys came back, he nudged CL aside and took his original seat beside me.

"Yah Ji Yongie, your girlfriend was hitting on this guy just now and guess wh-" Man, when did this girl break free from me? I covered Bom unnie's mouth again to restrain her from talking.

Ji Yong looked curious and laughed, "What happened?"

"She failed!" CL piped up, making everyone around us, including Ji Yong, laugh.

I pouted, feeling embarassed that I was made out to seem like I was desperate.

I felt Ji Yong's arm around my shoulders, "Heh you failed huh. Doesn't matter anyway, since you're my girlfriend," He grinned.

The people around us cheered, while Bom unnie nudged me teasingly.

I rolled my eyes at Ji Yong and pushed his hand off my shoulders jokingly.

"Yah Ji Yong, quit joking. Come on you guys, everyone knows we're just best friends! He just always uses me when he wants to escape from a girl!" I defended myself.

I felt the atmosphere to my left shift slightly, but I didn't turn to look at Ji Yong. Someone shouted out, "Hey, aren't you younger than Ji Yong hyung? Why don't you call him Oppa? Or are you two that close already?"

I turned to the source. It was Seungri. I must get back at him later, probably get Ji Yong to yell at him. I glared at Seungri and he smirked back. At this point of time people were talking, telling me to call Ji Yong 'oppa'. To me, it was weird. Since we became friends, we never really bothered with honorifics, and he never regarded me as a dongsaeng, I was more of a same-age friend to him.

I tried to laugh it off when Ji Yong suddenly stood up and said plainly, "I'm heading to the washroom."

Our friends fell silent as he walked away. Did something happen?

"Did you see his face?" Young Bae oppa asked. I shook my head, of course I didn't see, my face was slightly red from the teasing and I didn't want that to be material for Ji Yong to tease me later on.

Young Bae looked at TOP nervously and turned back to me, "Well maybe nothing's wrong," he assured.

Ji Yong came back but he sat far from me, talking to the others. He then got up and went to another table. It felt like he was ignoring me, since usually he would be laughing and talking, and always be beside me, nagging me not to drink too much. Did I really say something wrong?

Shrugging that thought away, I regained my senses and carried on talking to the girls and partying on the dance floor. There were quite a few lookers in the crowd and pretty soon, we were exchanging numbers. Of course, I gave those guys a fake number, since it was all for fun and I wasn't actually interested in finding a boyfriend in such a sleazy place.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my arm.

I turned and saw that it was a particular pink-haired jerk who had been ignoring me the past hour and a half.

"We need to talk. Let's go." With that he pulled me out of the club.

I eyed him, he was acting strangely.

"Yah, we're out now. Talk." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm tired. Let's talk at my house," he said, not looking at me.

I looked at him in disbelief. What did he want? Just as I was about to ask him, he had already started walking towards his car and I had no choice but to follow.

---

Author's Note: It'll be a two shot! Meanwhile, do check out my main fic: Let Me Shine

Comments please! :)