Dark

Trust

P.S. Warning! Mixed Timeline Plot!

Enjoy:)

 


 

Third Person's POV


Seunghyun walked inside her apartment, his head was pounding really hard. His eyes started to adapt with the dark room he was in. He suddenly heard a cough from her bedroom, and he quickly checked her room, seeing if she was awake. He opened the door,

"Oh, you're here." She muttered as she glanced at him. The whole room was dark, only the study lamp was on. She looked so pale and skinny, almost creepy in the dark. She was reading some papers, something like an income ledger.

"You're still awake?" He asked, turning on the lamp.

"You just came?" She asked with a hint of sarcasm. He only sighed.

"You know I'm busy, _____ ah."

"I know. I'm quite grateful you came home today."

"What's with you today? Did something happened?" She just stood up and walked to the bathroom, ignoring him. Seunghyun just groaned and sighed as he threw himself to the bed.

He knew she'd act like this.

He could hear she was coughing inside the bathroom. She sounded alright at first, but her cough suddenly got worse.

"Jagiya? You're okay?" He sighed as he didn't get anything as a response. He heard her throwing up instead. He quickly stood up and walked inside the bathroom.

"Yah, _____ ah, are you okay?" He wrapped his hand around her shoulder. She ran her hand through her hair, breathing heavily.

"I'm fine." She sounded like she was trembling, but soon enough she sounded normal. She got rid of his hand and stood up, taking a good look of herself in the mirror. 

"Why are you being like this?" He turned her to him, looking a little annoyed.

"Shouldn't you ask yourself first? What have you been doing these two months?" She answered, her tone was higher than before.

"What--"

"Do you even bother to ask me how I was these two months? Does it even cross your mind?"

"Jagiya, you know I'm working on my solo album..."

"Your solo album? Oh, you suddenly became a workaholic? You've been working on it for three damn years, for god's sake."

"_____ ah--"

"First alive tour, then alumni, and now this? What's next? I'm tired of this. Can't you even call or send me a message or something?"

"I...I'm sorry." He exhaled, gently tracing her cheek.

"That's not what I want to hear." She got rid of his hand and walked away to the bed, closing the bathroom door. Seunghyun quietly sat on the top of the closet. He was sorry to her, but he had his own reasons. He was lost in his thoughts when suddenly her phone rang. She must had accidentally left her phone, he thought. He took it to see who it was.

'Kim Jonghyun'

Seunghyun frowned at the name. This is definitely not her brother, and it reminded him of a man from another group, SHINee, which Jiyong was interested in.

'Why would he call her? Do they even know each other?' The call dropped and a message came instead.

'Answer my call, you punk. Why didn't you come tonight? Are you coming tomorrow night? I'm waiting^^ Or should I drop by your place?'

The message did nothing but confuse him even more. He didn't want to have bad thoughts for her, but he had no choice. Negative thoughts of her starting to fill his mind and he was starting to heat up in rage. He was busy working for her and she was playing with another man? And to think of it, Kim Jonghyun mentioned her coming at night. Who wouldn't have a bad thought?

He snapped and angrily opened the door with a bang. She was staring at him, confused with the sudden bang of the door.

"Oh, so this is what you did?" He snarled, showing the message to her.

"When I was busy working, this is what you did?!" He yelled. She looked surprised, but she managed to hide it well.

"This is not what you think, Seunghyun."

"I don't need your excuse!" He shouted.

"There's nothing between me and him. We're just friends." she said.

"Like I'm gonna believe it. Stop lying to me!" He shouted.

"You can't trust me? You asked me to trust you with your whatever you're working on but you can't trust me?! How can I know that you're not with another woman?!" She shouted back, pissed at his shouts. Her head was pounding so bad and the last thing she needs was this.

But she got a slap as an answer.

She held her cheek which was starting to get red.

"What did you do, huh? Oh gosh he must be pleased with you." He said in a sarcastic tone.

"How many times did you do him, huh? Aren't you pleased, you ?"

She couldn't hold it anymore. Hot tears were starting to flow down to her cheeks.

"I regretted--"

"Are you done? Are you happy now?" She trembled. "At least he was there when you're not." She whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

"Yah, _____ ah!" He angrily shouted at her as she walked away from her own apartment.

 

Seunghyun's POV

"Oh, so this is what you did?" I snarled, showing the message to her.

"When I was busy working, this is what you did?!" I yelled, getting angrier by the second. She looked surprised, but she managed to hide it well. Just like how she'd control her emotions in front of a stranger.

"This is not what you think, Seunghyun." Why is she giving me excuses?

"I don't need your excuse!" I shouted.

"There's nothing between me and him. We're just friends." she said. Why did she make this so hard?

"Like I'm gonna believe it. Stop lying to me!" I shouted. My head was pounding so bad. Why is she doing this to me?

"You can't trust me? You asked me to trust you with your whatever you're working on but you can't trust me?! How can I know that you're not with another woman?!" Did she just accuse me? This is ridiculous.

I slapped her for the first time.

She held her cheek which was starting to get red.

"What did you do, huh? Oh gosh he must be pleased with you." I said in a sarcastic tone. Just thinking the two of them making out is driving me crazy.

"How many times did you do him, huh? Aren't you pleased, you ?"

I said it.

She deserved it.

But she didn't shout back at me. She wasn't angry like before. Instead, she was crying.

Why is she doing this to me?

"I regretted--"

"Are you done? Are you happy now?" She said. "At least he was there when you're not." She whispered, loud enough for me to hear.

"Yah, _____ ah!" I snapped at her words. Is she being serious? I'm working hard for her. I'm working hard for our future plans.

But I guess there is no 'our' anymore.

I angrily threw the phone to bed as she walked away.

I missed her, but  why did she do this to me?

Soon I could feel that my cheeks were wet.

 


Third Person's POV

"One more time. Clear!"

"Still no pulse. One more. Clear!"

"....."

"We got a weak pulse. Hurry! She won't make it in this state."

"_____ ah! _____ ah, can you hear me? Listen I'm going to need you to hang on, okay? We'll be in the hospital soon." _____ could feel pain from all over her body. Her eyelids felt so heavy.

"_____ ah.... Hang on, okay?" She wanted to respond to the man. She managed to nod to the voice she was familiar to, but she couldn't think of anyone as the dominating pain prevented her.

"Hang on. Please." She finally got a grip of herself.

"Jonghyun ah." She weakly called, slowly opening her eyes.


 

Jonghyun locked his phone as he sat down in the waiting room. He let out a sigh as he continued to stare at the operating room's door.

"Hyung." His dongsaeng, Lee Taemin, called, handing him a glass of hot coffee.

"Drink this. You'll catch a cold."

"Thanks." He quietly drank the coffee.



Seunghyun grabbed his coat and quickly ran outside her apartment. He went to the basement and went inside his car. He can't believe what's going on. Tears were drenching his face.

'Not again.'


-Flashback-

Seunghyun sat down in bed, slowly reaching for her phone. After he gave another thought, he felt guilty for accusing her without proof. He scrolled down through her message and viewed her conversation with Kim Jonghyun.

"_____ ah, you coming today? We're having a rare barbeque in the dorm kkk Jinki hyung will personally cook it"

'No, sorry. I'm feeling unwell today. Say my apology to the dubu leader:('

"Kk it's okay. You're still under the weather?"

'I think so T-T I'm going to the doctor tomorrow'

"You want me to accompany you?"

'No I'm fine. Thanks kk'

"Bigbang sunbaenims are still busy?"

'It seems so. He wouldn't even give me a call... He must be very busy.'

Seunghyun felt like he was stabbed by a knife. The conversation was a month ago, meaning that she had been sick through the month. And he couldn't believe that she actually trusted in him.

"_____ ah, you sure you're okay? You looked pale earlier"

'I've been throwing up everything I ate... Maybe I'm cursed kk'

"Don't say that.. I'll drop by your place tomorrow."

'I'm fine, Jonghyun. Don't come over, what if you got what I have, pabo yah'

"I won't kkk anyway... He still haven't called?"

'Yeah. Maybe he lost his phone.'

"Why are you still covering up for him? It's almost two months."

'I believe him.'

"Okay.. Just making sure you won't get hurt."

Seunghyun ruffled his hair in stress. She believed him, but he accused her instead. He wanted to apologize, but her phone was left here, and she didn't bring anything but her coat. Then he just realized that she had nowhere else to go. He sighed and he scrolled down her contacts to Kim Jonghyun. He was thinking to call the number, but the number called first. He hesitated at first, but he picked it up.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Yeoboseyo? This is Seunghyun-ssi, right?" He sounded panic.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Go to the hospital. Now. _____ was hit by a car and she's dying now. She needs you." Seunghyun dropped the phone in disbelief.

She's dying? What is this man talking about? She was fine a few minutes ago. She was a bit under the weather, but she was fine. She was still breathing.

Then he's saying that she's dying, now?

Seunghyun quickly stood up and grabbed his coat.



_____ was crazy.

That's what she thought.

She was only wearing a layer of her pajamas and another thin layer of her coat. The cold weather was driving her crazy. She started shivering, and her fever was getting worse. She felt like throwing up, but she knew that nothing will come out, since she had already thrown everything up earlier. She felt her legs were weakening, and her head was pounding so hard. Her vision started to blur. Her world was spinning around. She couldn't care less where she was walking, or where she was right now. She even didn't realize that she was walking across the street in the green light.

Dark.

Suddenly, everything went dark for her.

Crash.

Her head felt like it would explode in any second. She couldn't move her body. She could barely hear someone was calling her name, and someone was shaking her body fiercely.

'Seunghyun? Is that you?'



Seunghyun ran through the hospital halls. He hated how he always ran through the halls, while something bad happen to her. Then he found Kim Jonghyun sitting next to a man. He caught his breath as he walked to him.

"What happened?" Jonghyun was sobbing, and the man was calming him down, he also had tears in his eyes.

"Kim Jonghyun I asked you what happened!" He shouted. Jonghyun weakly lifted his head. He stood up and shook Seunghyun's body.

"What took you so long?" He whispered, tears were drenching his face.

"Where is she?" Seunghyun trembled. Jonghyun could only sob at his question.

"Where is she?" He whispered.

"S-she...She's gone."

"What?"

"She's gone. Th-the doctors stated that...a few minutes ago."

"She-she's not here? Then where is she, huh? Where?" Seunghyun's face was wet of tears.

"S-she passed away, Seunghyun-ssi..."

"Huh? W-w...what did you say?" Jonghyun only stayed quiet and cried.

"Y-you're lying, right? She's okay, right?"

"Jonghyun-ssi. You can go inside, if you want." The doctor showed up, his face wasn't any better either. Seunghyun desperately went inside the room the doctor was talking about. And there lied a body. He reached for the face cover and opened it.

It's her.

She closed her eyes.

She wasn't breathing.

She's not moving.

She looked like she was in a peaceful deep sleep.

"Yah, _____ ah wake up." Seunghyun gently shook her body.

"I said wake up!" He shook her body fiercely.

"Wake up....please...." He stopped and kneeled down. He gently held her hand. He noticed how skinny and pale she become. He didn't remember when was the last time he hold this hand. The hand that has a matching ring with his on its ring finger.

"Wake up, _____ ah... I haven't apologized to you.... I haven't embraced you.... I haven't protected you yet..." He sobbed.

"I'm sorry, _____ ah...I'm sorry..."



"We will never forget how kind she was, how..." Yang sajangnim was leading the funeral, yet nobody paid attention to what he said. All of them didn't think that this will happen. Seungri was still sobbing, same as Daesung. Jiyong was silently crying, so does Youngbae. But Seunghyun felt pain. He felt nothing but pain. His vision was blurry, he also wasn't listening to him.

His world fell to pieces.
 

"You bastard! Bring me back my sister! Why?! Why did you kill her, you murderer! Bring her back!" He punched Seunghyun as hard as possible. Seungyeon, his fiancée, tried to stop him, but she alone wasn't strong enough. Other people started to join her and tried to stop Park Jonghyun from exploding any further.

"Yah! Tell me what did I do wrong to you! Why did you do this to me?!" His anger became tears. He still couldn't believe that his only family's now gone.

"All these years...I've never made her happy yet... Why did you take her away from me?" He trembled. Seunghyun stayed quiet, his cheek was bruised from his punch.

"I'm sorry. ...Don't forgive me. I know it's my fault."
 


"Seunghyun-ssi, you're here. I've been looking for you." Kim Jonghyun walked and stopped right in front of her grave. Choi Seunghyun had been staying in front of her grave for almost a day. He didn't even bother to look at him as his thought wandered somewhere else.

"There's something I need to tell you."

"What?" He asked, still not looking at him.

"Before she died.... She said some things. Some things about you."

"..."

 

-flashback-

"Jonghyun ah." She weakly called him.

"Don't speak, _____ ah."

"Jonghyun ah... I think I might be leaving soon..."

"Don't say that, _____ ah, please."

"Jonghyun ah... If I leave.... Please tell Seunghyun this.... I'm sorry. No matter what... I'd always love him... I'd never run to another man..." She stopped as she groaned in pain. Tears were flowing from her face.

"_____ ah... Please just stop..." His face was also wet of tears.

"I'm sorry.....and thanks." She gave him a weak smile before she closed her eyes.

"We lost her pulse! Hurry up!"

-flashback ends-
 



Seunghyun breathed heavily as he snapped out of his thought. He realized that he was still sitting above the closet.

'What was that? A dream? Wait I didn't fall asleep...'

He was very confused until suddenly her phone rang. He frowned and braced himself to look at the caller's ID.

'Kim Jonghyun'

Seunghyun gaped in shock.

What's going on? Why does everything happened according to the dream?

The call soon dropped and a ringtone rang, telling that a message came.

'Answer my call, you punk. Why didn't you come tonight? Are you coming tomorrow night? I'm waiting^^ Or should I drop by your place?'

Seunghyun took a step back.

 

'Does this mean that she will die from my stupid mistake?'

 

Seunghyun quickly ran and opened the door with a bang. She was staring at him, confused with the sudden bang of the door. Seunghyun quickly walked to her and wrapped his arms around her body. The dream was right; she was having a fever.

"Seunghyun! What are you doing?!" She angrily pushed him away from her, but he wouldn't budge.

"Jagiya I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I should've called you or texted you but I didn't. Listen... I love you, _____ ah. I miss you really bad. I don't want to lose you." He was crying. _____ didn't understand why, but she felt his sincerity. She gently wrapped her arms around his body.

"Please don't go." He sobbed

"I'm not going anywhere, Seunghyun."

"I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry." She weakly smiled at him,

"I know."

 

 


Please give me your comments!:)