About the Author

Kpop Diets and How We Do It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I spent a long time contemplating if I wanted to write this section. Finally, I decided I would.

At the moment, I am a week away from my nineteenth birthday. When I was in middle school, I was a size 8. Now I am a size 2. How did this happen? To be honest, I am not sure. But I will try to figure it out for you all.

I was a really active little kid. I played basketball, soccer, street hockey, badmitton, and loved to swim. When I started middle school, I stopped with sports almost entirely. I think that's when I gained weight. I never looked pudgy; perhaps I was more of a size 6, because I recall my pants were always quite baggy and never really tight. I don't think tight pants were as in fashion back then as they are now, hehe.

I started up with sports again in high school. I was on the crew team and the JV field hockey team, and I also took up figure skating. Nowadays, figure skating and dance are the only sports I really do anymore. I believe the skinniest I had ever been was in the summer/fall of my junior year of high school. That December was when I wrote the original "Kpop Diets and How I Do It."

My relationship with food was always odd. Food is meant to be eaten to keep us alive and functioning well - but I think my relationship with food started to become odd in the middle of high school, around the middle of my junior year. I sufferred from a lot of bullying, which I will not go into in detail about, but it made me feel objectified. It made me question my relationships with everyone and everything - including food. I ate because food seemed reliable, and when I was alone with my thoughts I would turn to food.

Even today, my relationship with food is not normal. When I begin to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter