Fear

Why Does It Have To Be You?

Minho’s POV:

When Jonghyun and Key didn’t return to dance practice after their fight, the three of us began to get worried. Jonghyun had said they would be right back.

We heard sirens rapidly approaching the building, and Taemin became paranoid. “Hyung, what if something happened to them?” he asked with wide, fear-filled eyes. I squeezed his shoulder reassuringly.

“Don’t worry. Nothing is wrong. They are probably just talking somewhere, and forgot to come back.” Even though I sounded calm, I was a bit worried too.

“Can we at least check?” Taemin asked, hearing that the sirens had stopped right in front of the building.

“Ok, let’s go,” I said. Taemin ran out the door, Onew and I following him.

When the door opened, Taemin screamed. A heart wrenching, sorrowful scream. I froze in my tracks. Kibum was laying in the middle of the rode in an unnatural position, head in the sobbing Jonghyun’s lap. EMTs were jumping from the ambulance and running towards Key with a stretcher and backboard.

Onew almost passed out. I grabbed and steadied him before he could tumble to the ground.

“KEY!” Taemin screamed, and began running towards the broken boy. I grabbed his arm and held him back. “Let me GO! Let me GO!” he screamed, struggling against me. I pulled him in my arms and hugged him tightly, not letting him escape. I didn’t want him to get in the way or possibly get hurt trying to get to Key.

“Let me go, let me go,” he sobbed, pounding his fist weakly against my chest. I just hugged him closer and he soon gave up on resisting. Tears were pouring from my eyes at such a rapid pace that I could no longer see. I felt an arm wrap itself over my shoulder, and Onew’s head rested on my shoulder.

We stayed like that until one of the policemen offered to drive us to the hospital. Jonghyun had gone in the ambulance that was carrying Key. We nodded and he herded us to one of the squad cars that had responded to the call.

“I-is K-K-Key going to b-be ok?” Taemin stuttered, barely understandable through his sobbing. The policeman lowered his head.

“I’m afraid I can’t answer that,” he said. “He was pretty bad though. All we can do is hope that he will make it.”

We arrived at the hospital quickly, to find that Key was in the ICU. The doctors were working on bandaging him up and setting all his broken bones, so we were not allowed in his room.

Jonghyun was in the waiting room. The three of us sat down next to him, and waited. By then, none of us were crying, but any of us could break down at any moment, and we all knew it. So we chose to remain silent. We held hands and sat as close as we could to each other until the doctor came out.

“He’s stable,” he said, and we all sighed in relief.

“Can we see him?” Taemin asked. The doctor nodded and informed us that Kibum was on pain medications, so he was not awake. They were keeping him sedated for a few days so his body could focus on nothing but recovering.

As we walked into the room, a fresh load of tears burst their way through and silently ran down my cheeks. Seeing Key like that was heartbreaking, and it took everything in me not to run from the room and hide. Jonghyun immediately rushed to the seat next to his bed and held Key’s hand.

“I’m sorry Kibum, I’m so, so sorry.” His voice shook as he rubbed slow circles on the back of Kibum’s hand. Taemin began crying again and Onew stood at the foot of the bed, a dazed look on his face.

“J-Jonghyun? Can you tell us what happened?” I asked softly. He explained about his argument with Key, and what Hyomin had done and why. When he finished, Onew snapped out of his daze.

“Where is she? I’m going to find her, and make her pay for what she did to our Kibum!” he said, starting to make his way out the door with a serious glare on his face. I didn’t know he had a violent side. If his anger had been directed at me, I would have been terrified.

“No hyung. She’s in lockup. As much as I would like to murder her right now, Key needs us. Please hyung,” Jonghyun begged, and Onew sighed, calming down.

We sat in the room for hours, until the doctor came in and told us we had to leave. Jonghyun refused to leave the hospital, so the staff arranged a place for him to sleep, while the rest of us were convinced to go home.

We went to bed immediately. Soon I felt a warm body press against my back, and unlike last time, I didn’t question his being there. I just turned around so I could hug his small frame.

“Will Key hyung be alright?” Taemin asked in a shaky voice.

“I hope so sweety, I hope so.”

He nuzzled his face into my chest, and soon the front of my shirt was wet with his tears. His shoulder wracked with sobs, making it difficult for me not to start tearing up as well. I hugged him closer to me, and buried my face in his soft hair.

“Shhh. It’s ok. Everything is going to be ok. Shhhhh,” I comforted him, caressing his back slowly. And I let him cry himself to sleep.



 

 

AN: I AM SUCH A DEPRESSING PERSON. WAEYOOOO?? I don't even know TT.TT I'm sorry about this update. I promise, the next update will only be half-depressing, some will be happier, and then after that it gets better. I'm sorry guys... Oh, and the next chapter is like, super long. (at least as far as my chapters go) it's like... 1000+ words I believe...

If you want a happier story, and a much better written one (in my opinion), please read my other story, The Story Of My Everyday Angel. That's right, I'm shamelessly promoting my own story. :) No serioiusly guys, I really want that one to do well, since I've REALLY enjoyed writing it with my friend, so PLEASE check it out. I will love you forever.

Please leave comments? ^.^

No spam this update, I don't have the time right now. Will make up for it later.

LOVE YOU!

K bye.