Finding Out

Playing the Player (hiatus)

 

            Lee Joon knew this moment was coming. He was expecting it to come later, but apparently the universe didn’t have the same plan. He looked at Minjoo and then over at Eunyoung. He sighed.

            Lee Joon had playing with the hearts of both these girls for the past two months. He had known Minjoo for 5 years and they were best friends. She had finally put the feelings she had been harboring for those 5 years, out on the table between them. Minjoo knew that Joon was a player, but she thought that he could change for her. She had thought that he could be faithful to her and she was sadly proven wrong.

            Joon met Eunyoung over the summer at a camp they were both volunteering for. Minjoo had planned on coming along, but she needed to finish a school project. Eunyoung and Lee Joon had a love-hate relationship that had finally turned into actual love. She thought that the whole ‘long-ish distance relationship’ could work. She hadn’t been expecting another girl; after all, that’s what Joon had told her. He had strung her along with nightly walks on the beach and surprise picnics. And all along the way she was falling deeper and deeper for a guy who was already taken.

            As Lee Joon stood awkwardly in front of both girls, they stared him down. Minjoo had tears running down her cheeks and Eunyoung looked like she was going to murder him.

“H-How could you?” Minjoo sobbed. Joon just stood there as the reality of his situation finally sank in.

“I-I’m so-“Joon began as he reached out to Minjoo. She her heel and ran away. He turned to Eunyoung. “Eunyoung, I am so sor-” He didn’t get to finish again because Eunyoung had slapped him, hard, across the face. He reeled back and clutched his now red cheek.

“I hate you, you sick lying bastard!” She screamed as she stormed out of the room, slamming the door closed behind her.

            Joon didn’t know what to do from there. He cared about both girls. He just didn’t know which one he cared about more. He shook his head in frustration. “Aaghh!!!” Joon said angrily. Joon was so mad that he had messed this all up. Minjoo and he had best friends for so long and he had to go up their entire relationship and friendship because he couldn’t keep himself from other girls. And then there was Eunyoung with whom he also hurt badly. He knew that she really liked, possibly even loved, him. Yet, he had just strung her along.

            Now Joon was stuck with both girls angry at him. He had also found out that Eunyoung was now going to attend the same university as Minjoo and him. Well this is going to be bad, Joon thought, shaking his head. It was already bad, really bad, and going to get worse by the minute. But of course, Lee Joon just didn’t know it yet.