From Drama To Banana

From Drama To Banana

 

Eric was acting strange. I went up to his apartment to play but as I entered, he didn’t speak to me at all. Every time he sees me he either hugs me or shouts 'Hyesungie!' with a high pitched voice as if trying to look cute. But now he didn’t say anything or even look at me and continued to watch TV while eating a banana.

“Hey Eric, do you have any more bananas? I’m craving.” I asked just to have him at least acknowledge that I’m here.

“No.”

“Oh. Can I have a bite from yours then?”

Right then, he ate the rest of the banana.

“Sorry.” He answered abruptly and in monotone, as if it would kill him to say anything more.

I sat beside him on the couch but made sure not to sit too close.. Just in case he’d get all jumpy again and start hugging me ‘til I suffocate or something.
I tried to figure out what was up but I couldn’t think of anything.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.” He answers again with that robot-like tone.

Let’s see, a few hours ago we were eating dinner with Minwoo and Andy. He was as clingy as usual.. Then he got a phone call from Jinnie. After that, he left saying he had some errand without even finishing his food. Maybe Jinnie said something? I met up with Jinnie at his apartment after dinner and everything seemed normal. What’s with Eric though?
“So..Did something happen with Jinnie? What did he tell you earlier? Something wrong?”

“Why do you care? All your noise is making me tired.”

He stood up, turned off the TV, then went to his room and shut the door. It must’ve been Jinnie— he answered me with more than one word. Maybe I should just ask Jinnie then. So I fished my phone out of my pocket and called him. 

“Hyesung hyung! What’s up? Did you leave something here?”

“Nope, I was wondering why Eric is acting so strange. He hardly talks to me now and won’t even look at me. Do you know what’s up?”

“No, but he hung up on me earlier when I told him that you were coming over.”

“Why? He was mad that I was coming over? This doesn’t make sense. Why won’t he look at me? Is he mad at me or something?” I was desperate. I didn’t know why he was acting like that and I wanted to know.

“Well I guess you’ll have to find out on your own. Can’t help you there, sorry hyung.”

“Thanks anyway, I’ll try.” Right after that phone call, I felt something dripping on my foot. When I checked to see what it was, Gomdori was peeing on my foot. Everyone in this freakin’ apartment hates me. I went to the bathroom to wash it off then I went to Eric’s room and saw that he was sitting at the center of his bed, texting.

“Eric, Gomdori peed on me.”

“Gomdor-ah! Come here!”
When Gomdori hopped on the bed, Gomdori was kissing Eric and he was smiling.

“Hey, are you happy about this? Aren’t you supposed to get mad at him?”

“I love Gomdori. Why would I get mad at him.” He answered in monotone..again.

“But-” Suddenly it hit me. “So you’re saying that you get mad at people you don’t love? Is that why you’re mad at me?”
No response.
“I’m talking to you, you know. Why do you keep pushing me away?” I was getting pissed already at him and I couldn’t help it.
Suddenly he scoffs, stands up from his bed, and walks toward me. “You always push me away. Literally too. You push me away as if I were some sort of kidnapper. And now you’re complaining that I’m pushing you away? Why don’t you just go to your ‘Jinnie’.”

I was suddenly speechless. I couldn’t say a word no matter how hard I tried. I couldn’t react. He was just staring at me. What did that mean? He’s really taking this ‘RicSyung’ thing too seriously.

He suddenly turned around with his back facing me “Leave.”

“I..I don’t understand..” Why was he like this all of a sudden.. And did he say my Jinnie? Is this some sort of jealousy thing?

“Of course you don’t. You never even try to understand me anyway. Why waste my time on you when there are hundreds of other fish in the sea that would gladly accept me. Just go, Hyesung.”

“Eric..” I felt so bad. I’ve been neglecting him all this time-

“Leave!” He suddenly shouted and faced me with red eyes. “Fine, if you won’t leave, then I will.” He passed by me, but it hurt. I didn’t want to let him go. Without even realizing it, I hugged him from behind, stopping him in his tracks.

“I’m sorry. Don’t go. I love you Eric. Don’t do this to me.”

“Stop it Hyesung. It’s too late. I’ve made up my mind.”

He then tried to pry my hands off of him. I didn’t want to let him go. I couldn’t. I hugged him even tighter.

“I’m sorry, i’m sorry!” I started crying with my head leaning on his back. “Don’t leave me, please.. I won’t push you away, I promise! I’ll be there for you just like how you were always there for me. Please.”

He turned around and faced me.

“Why is my little prince crying?”

He cupped my face with both hands and wiped my tears with his thumbs. He was smiling. Sort of laughing too. He hugged me and laughed even more.

“Why are you laughing? I’m having an emotional breakdown here, do you mind?”

“Junjin’s plan worked, I should thank him.”

“What?”

“Your ‘Jinnie’ is a genius. Not only is he a genius, I’m also a great actor.”

Was he playing with me? “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I was sick and tired of you pushing me away all the time and acting all ‘hard-to-get’. It was more than obvious that I was totally head over heels for you. It seemed like the whole world knew except you. I asked Junjin to help me, and his plan totally worked. And now we’re a happy couple.” He explained while looking at me with that huge grin on his face.

“So this was all a joke? You weren’t really mad at me?”

“Well, I was kinda losing my patience, which helped me get in to character, but yeah, I guess. I can’t get mad at the ones I love, remember?” He said with a smirk.

“That’s gross. Stop it.” I started squirming to get out of his grasp. He easily let me go, which was not normal. I was surprised and we just stared at each other. I felt bad so I hugged him again.

“Yeap, that’s what I thought too.” He said while laughing.

“It’s not funny, Eric. You’re so mean.”

“I’m sorry then.” He hugged me even tighter, and I did the same.

“I don’t understand how Gomdori played along in this sick joke of yours. Did you tell him to pee on me or something?” 

“No, he just really loves me.” He said laughing.

I let go from the hug and looked at him.

“So I get that we’re together now and everything, but, are you really out of bananas?”