Everything is going against me...

Everything is going against me...

 

It was just another normal day, and the sun rose high in the sky, lighting the city up. There were a few cars driving around, stopping at traffic lights, allowing people to cross the streets without being run over.
The trees were rustling in the breeze and the air smelt of fresh leaves, and people were enjoying the smell of the air.
 
A Toyota Corolla drove down the highway. The driver went towards her work place, listening to her music as she silently drove.
 
She looked around her. Her side of the highway was empty. The other side had a traffic jam.She wondered why it was like that. 
 
Suddenly another Corolla, which looked exactly the same as hers, sped past her right side and kept going.
 
At the drivers seat was another young adult by the name of Hyomin. Sunny did not know who Hyomin was, but just gazed at her and admired her.
 
She is so...pretty!! Sunny smiled as she watched the car disappear from her view.
 
After a while, she reached a roadblock. The road was blocked by three highway patrol police cars.
 
She stopped as a police officer approached her window.
 
"Is there a problem, officer?" Sunny asked. 
 
The police officer stared at her car.
 
"A young lady was murdered one week ago. We are just blocking this place to prevent the murderer from escaping. Now would you please step out of your vehicle." The officer beckoned her out of the vehicle and called his colleagues over to check the car.
 
They started to search the car, and Sunny was ushered to the side of the road. She realised the traffic jam happened because of this roadblock.
 
She waited, and felt nervous. It was just a stupid check for the car. What could possibly go wrong? Why was she nervous?
 
"Put your hands in the air! Kneel on the floor!" the officer shouted.
 
She did not know who the officer shouted at, and looked at the officers, who all pointed their guns at her. She was shocked as they all looked so stern. What's going on?
 
She raised her hands and kneeled on the floor as she looked at her car.
 
The bonnet was opened up and inside, where the engine was stored in, was a dead body. It wasn't any dead body. It was that girl she saw speeding down the highway just before.
 
What...why? She groaned as a pair of hands held hers and handcuffed them.
 
So this is the body that was murdered!? But how? She saw that person that day, and the murder happened a week ago. 
 
She let the officer her to a police car and sat inside. The car was full of metal bars for extra support for the car if it got itself involved in a terrible car crash.
 
There was also a metal wall to separate the suspect from the officer. A glass window allowed each to make eye contact when talking.
 
The car was not made for luxury. Everything was standard and very different from Sunny's car. The officer drove her towards the police station.
 
When they arrived, they escorted her into an interview room with a mirror which was a one side viewing window so that if a criminal got suspicious, the others would get called inside.
 
Sunny was interrogated unsuccessfully as she was pretty clueless.
 
The police officers brought her to a jail cell. They slammed the door shut and locked it.
 
Sunny wept in a corner until she drifted off to sleep.
 
When she awoke, she was in a security armored van. She sat up.
 
There were two officers at the front who were chatting, each holding submachine guns.
 
Another two sat on each side of her, also holding submachine guns. She was confused on the situation.
 
"W-where am I headed to?" she asked.
 
"To Fryers Mental Hospital. There you will stay until you are healed." The officer replied.
 
Sunny gasped. "WHAT!! This can't be! I am normal. I-I ain't mad!"
 
"It seems you are. You forgot on murdering a young lady. We need to assess your brain and see if it is functioning properly." The officer replied.
 
She sat back and sighed. Her head was filled with all sorts of thoughts.
 
Why am I so unlucky? I don't want to live...
 
They arrived at the mental hospital. The hospital was white, with spotlights at the front and guard posts up high. It looked more like a prison to her.
 
She was led to her room and the door was locked behind her. There was a hard bed, a table, a chair and a bucket.
 
The walls were made of concrete. There was a barred window on one wall. She realised she was pretty high up, as the people walking around looked like ants.
 
After a couple of hours, two officers came in and led her to the dining room. She was escorted by a group of them, with a few other mentally retarded prisoners.
 
They seated at a table. The tables were arranged so that each one held a hallway of prisoners.
 
Sunny got up and got a plate. She walked up to the kitchen to get served.
 
When the cook reached inside a container to reach for some food, she slammed the plate on his head. He was knocked out immediately.
 
Before the others could react, she leaped over the counter and found a knife. When she picked it up, she focused her bloodshot eyes around the room.
 
She was a wreck. Her hands were bloody and cut by fragments of glass. Her hair was messy like any old crazy person. Her eyes glared around the room like a monster.
 
All the officers pointed guns at her. She knew they shot sleeping darts.
 
"Drop the knife lady!" An officer shouted, probably the head officer.
 
She smiled as a tear ran down her cheek. "H-how about no..."
 
With that, she slit her own throat. Blood escaped, as she collapsed on the floor. The knife clattered next to her in the puddle of blood which formed.
 
The officers lowered their guns and rushed over to her. They knew she was dead and started to clean up the mess.

~Flashback~

Hyomin walked past the "Second Hand Car" Dealer. She hummed her favourite tune and did not hear footsteps shuffle behind her.
 
She felt a knife slit as a hand covered to stop her from screaming.
 
She collapsed to the floor and was carried away.
 
Her body was dunked in a Toyota Corolla. The killer wiped his hands on a bloody towel.
 
"I got another one. Hyomin, she owes me too much money. Well at least this car is sold...to who? Ah, Sunny it is." The dealer said to himself.
 
~End Flashback~

Three hours has passed and Sunny's body lay in the bag they put her in, which was being transported to her family's house.

 
Her mother and father had tears in their eyes. They opened the bag, and stared at her body.
 
Sunny was smiling. They didn't know why. They prayed that she would fare better in the afterlife.
 
Hyomin...I am able to find you now... isn't that good?

Haha did you guys enjoy it? I hope you did!

Please comment and subscribe for more!!