Chapter 2

The One That Got Away


DARA's POV

 

I decided to ignore the email.. why would I reply, right? we were done a long time ago, why should we start again?

Besides, I'm now with Top-oppa and I'm happy. right?

 

"top-oppa, i'm almost there"

 I texted top while inside the taxi. 

 

I stared outside the window and heaved a sighed. I felt my heart once again. It seems like it can't stop beating so hard. "ji" i whispered.

 

The taxi stopped infront of a fancy restaurant.


 "Aigoo, what a spender" I said referring to my 4 year boyfriend. I got out from the taxi and paid the driver. 

 

"Goodevening mam" the waiter said to me while I entered the restaurant. I spotted Top at the far end of the restaurant. He's wearing a white long sleeves with a blue tie. handsome.. kekeke!

 

I can see a waitress went to his table, and I can clearly see she's trying to flirt with him, with my boyfriend!!! aisht!!

 

I walked towards his table..

"I'm sorry i was late hon" I said to him and gave him a peck on his lips. and ofcourse, a glare towards the waitress. He's taken biatch! bwahahaha!

 

"ummm.. may i take your order now" the waitress said still eyeing my top! oh my gash!! I'm gonna pull her hair off her head. someone please stop me!!

 

Top grab my hand on the table.. "what's it gonna be hon?" Top said to me ignoring the waitress. Take that girl! He's mine!

 

...

 

We were now half way our dinner..

"I'm sorry about what happened, hon.. " Top said apologetically with his pleading eyes.

 

"Why'd you drink anyway? you know you don't drink" I said munching my carrot. still a little bit upset.

 

I was really surprised when he barged in on my apartment last night, drunk!! and it was 2:00am for christ sake!

 

"You got something on your mind? I'm your girlfriend, you need to tell me, so i can help you, you know

that right?  I said to him.

 

"Nothing big,  I can handle it." he cheekily said while he continued on focusing on his plate.

 

This is our problem. sometimes, top-oppa doesn't trust me with his problems. He thinks he can handle everything. What am i here for??

 

While muching my food, something or someone entered my thoughts... ji... sigh...

 

"what's wrong?" top asked, maybe he sensed it. "Nothing" i said to him..

 

"work problems?" he said..

 

"yes..my boss hates me.. I can feel it in my bones, he's gonna fire me anytime soon." I sadly said to him without taking my eyes off my plate.

Top-oppa can sense it if i'm lying or not. I'm not a big liar and everyone knows that. I just hope he doesn't see it now.

 

"That's why you should work harder, I know you can do a fantastic job if you put your mind to it.." top

oppa continued on ranting.. I didn't hear the rest of his rants while my thoughts where somewhere else...

...

Top oppa dropped me off infront of my apartment buildng. I waved goodbye and wait til his car is out of

sight.

 

I walked up to my apartment's floor, but halfway decided to go to the convenience store first. I want some

smoke. Yeah, i know, it's bad for your lungs. I just started smoking when we split up 5 years ago. and I just smoke whenever i think of him. It's just that whenever he's on my mind, my heart aches so much and i thought smoking can ease that pain somehow. Thinking that filling up my lungs with smoke can suffocate my heart.

..

"What's he doing here?" I asked staring at my laptop.. I'm now sitting on my sofa, with my laptop open infront of me. I was so sure he's in Busan. Living here in Seoul for that last 2 years after graduation made me feel at ease knowing I'll never see him again. But I guess, this country's not that big for the both of us.

I clicked on the 'reply' button..

...

...

...

What should I say? 

 

Aisht!!! This is driving me crazy!!!! I hurriedly closed my laptop and head out to my small balcony. I light another cigarette... what am i gonna do now ji?

 

I started to cry...


 

*** FLASHBACK ****

DARA's POV

First Day in college, yehey!! I hurriedly went down..

 

"omma, got to go bye!!"  I shouted to my mom who's busy cooking in the kitchen..

 

"Yah! Dara-ah, you haven't eaten your breakfast yet!" I heard my mom shouted before i close our front door.

 

I'll just eat Bomie's breakfast, kekeke!

 

Skipping to my bus stop with a big smile plastered on my face. nothing can ever ruin this day for me... I happily thought... suddenly a bike passed by and made the pond of water beside the sidewalk splash all over my shirt. and it's my favorite bunny shirt!!!

 

Aisht!!! "yah!!! watch where you're going!" I shouted at the rider. He stopped his bike, turned his head and smirked at me.

 

whaaaat??! he... he.... smirked at me??!! he's gonna pay for this!!

 

I stompped toward his bike and was ready to kick his bike, when he suddenly sped off leaving a big black smoke on my face. what the F?!?!

 

Cough

Cough

 

that idiot!! wait till I get my hands on that jerk!

 

...

well, thanks to some jerk, I was late on my first class!

Just great!

 

I silently tiptoed on the back of the classroom hoping the teacher won't notice me. hehe! I know my ninja moves will be useful one of these days. kekeke!

 

"You're name?" I saw a pair of feet infront of me.. I looked up and saw the professor with his armed crossed and his eyebrow raised.

 

"ummm... park sandara, sir." i shyly said to him while bowing my head and rushed to the nearest vacant seat.

 

aigoo!! what a way to start my day..

 

 

The class went by smoothly without any further 'accidents'. Thank goodness! atleast I can enjoy the rest of the day!


grrrumble..

I heard my stomach protests. I realize I was hungry.. aisht.. where's Bom? I need her food right now.

I'm now walking in the hallway, clutching my stomach. huhuhu! where's my bestfriend??

 

I decided to go to the cafeteria first before heading to my next class since my BFF is MIA.

 

I bought some sandwich and head out to the nearest bench underneath a tree. I've got 1 more hour to spare before my next class anyways.

 

 

I was busy mucnhing on my sandwich and reading my favorite book when suddenly ...

 

BLAG!!

 

"ouch!!" I nursed my head and found a basketball landed on the table. Aisht!!

 

"who did this?!" I shouted and turned my head.

 

I saw a guy running towards my direction with a smirk on his face..

 

wait... I know that smirk!!

 

"YOU!!!"" i pointed at him.


*** END OF FLASHBACK ***