Chapter 1

The One That Got Away

 

DARA's POV


"Goodbye, Ji" I whispered while staring at his retreating back.

I was so devastated, I really don't want to let him go. "I'm sorry"

I glance at him one more time, before i finally turn my back on him and continue walking on a different path.

 

 

 

 

5 years later..


Author's POV

 

A girl is rushing through the crowd.

 

"Aisht! I'm soooo gonna be late!" Dara said while looking at her watch. She is sprinting down the stairs, hoping to catch her train.

 

"Ouch!" Dara muttered, when a guy suddenly bumped into her, making her lose her balance and drop her bag.

 

"Bianhe, I didn't see you there" the guy said while helping her get up..

 

"My things!" Dara exclaimed without looking at the man and immediately gather all her things. She glimpse at her watch, "am late! oh ma gash!" Without a word, Dara dash towards the train's closing door.

 

"whew! finally!" she said "i thought i was gonna miss this one" she breathed and sat down beside the window.

 

 


Jiyong's POV


It's 8:30am, "tch! where could she be, I told her to wait for me here at exactly 8:00am" I sat down at the nearest seat.

 

I'm inside the train station and waiting for my girlfriend, who is obviously late again.


Might as well call her.  I got my phone from my pocket and started to dial her number.

 

"Yah! where are you? I've been here for 30 mins already, we're going to miss our train!" I half-screamed at her.  "Bianhe, I'm almost there babe." she said on the other line

 

"arasso, I'll wait here. But please hurry." I exclaimed to her. Really, she's about to lose all my patience. I hate waiting.

 

I stand up and walked near the entrance of the train station hoping to see a glimpse of my girlfriend...

 

"Ouch!" suddenly a girl bumped into me and made her fall on her . Her things falling with her.

Yikes, sorry.. "Bianhe, I didn't see you there" I said to her while helping her up and gather her things. I saw her face..

...
...
...

I thought time stood still.. It's her..

She's busy gathering her things.. while I was busy scanning her face.  She changed. And she looked stunning.


I wasn't able to move or said another word, the next thing I know, she was now running and climbing on the train.


"Dara?" i asked questionningly while looking at the petite girl inside the train. I clutched on my chest, I can feel my heart pounding so loud, I never thought I would see her again.

 

"BABE!"

Yoona suddenly grabbed my arms.. I hesitantly took my eyes off the train and look at her. "I'm really sorry, I've got a valid reason this time" Yoona said to me with her pleading eyes.

 
"no worries, let's go" I said to her, and took a peek at the train which is now leaving the station.

 

 

DARA's POV

 

"Dara, I've already told you a hundred times!!" my boss shouted at me.

 

"I'm so disappointed at you Dara, how could you go to the client without these papers, you know how important this account is to the company!!" He throws the papers at my desk.

 

I couldn't look at my boss, I can only stare at my hands helplessly clutching my knees.

 

this is all Tabi's fault!!! Hmpf!

 

"Sorry sir, It will never happen again" I apologetically said to my boss.

 

"It better not be!" He said while heading out the door leaving me still sitting on my chair.

 

"Aisht!!" i grumpily gather the papers on my desk.

...

 

"Dara-ah, are you ok?" Bom peeked through my door..

 

"Yep.. no biggie" I smiled at her, hoping she'll be convinced.

 

"You want coffee?" she said while handing me a cup of coffee..

 

Now we're talking! I happily grabbed the coffee from her hands and sniff the oh so delicious aroma.. "hmmmmm... cafe mocha, my favorite! thank you Bommie-ah!" I hugged her feeling relieved already.

 

I thank the heavens for giving me such a wonderful bestfriend!

 

Bom sat on my chair and pouted.. "what did you do this time, Dara-ah?"

 

"well not much, i just forgot the 'contract' and failed to get the account" i sarcastically said and sip my coffee.

 

"Aisht! of all the things to forget, and you forget the contract??!!?!" Bom suddenly raised her voice.

 

"YAH!! My boss beat you to it already, so don't think of giving me a round 2, arasso?" I said to her.

 

"Aigooo!!" Bom moved her head from left to right. "you better get your head straight, or you'll be out of here in no time, you know how hard it is to get on your position." Bom not hearing what I just awhile ago scolded me.

 

"I know..get up! need to check my mail" i pull her out of my chair and open my laptop. "Now go, your boss might be looking for you!" i shooed her. "and bommie-ah.."

"Yep?" asked Bom

"Thank you for the coffee.." I smiled at her

"No problem, you owe me!" Bom said before closing the door.


6:00pm

Beep

"Hon, dinner later?"  Top texted.

hmpf! I'm still mad at you! I decided not to reply. You need to feel the wrath of SANDARA PARK!!! I throw my phone at my desk.


Still got work to do. Aisht!! I scanned through my email..

hmmm... better look for another job.. you never know. kekeke! 

I opened my old email account.. I decided to look for my old resume and update it. hmmmm...

wait... what's this... my eyes was stuck on a certain email... and my heart suddenly stops beating...


"hi..

how'd you been?
I saw you...
you haven't change, what did you do to your hair it's soo ugly!
just kidding. :)

-ji"

 

..
..
..

I stared at my monitor for i don't know how long...

..
..
..

and my eyes were stuck at one particular word 'ji'