"It's okay. I'll protect you."

Protect In Execlsis

 

You sat in the living room, mindlessly watching the television. You kept watching the clock as the seconds ticked on.

 

“7:30....31...32...” You counted out loud. “Aish!” You threw a tantrum. You had been sitting in the living room by yourself for the past hour, trying to keep your mind off the 6 strangers downstairs.

 

Don’t they get hungry?...
Why are they so quiet now?...

Maybe something happened between them...

What if I hurt their feelings before...

UGH! WHY DO I EVEN CARE?

 

Thoughts kept running through your mind. Sometimes you really disliked your nosey personality and sometimes, you felt your nosey behaviour was the vain of your existence; this was one of those times.

 

Your legs brought themselves to the top of the stairwell.

 

Maybe just a peek. I mean, it’s not like I have to go all the way down there to find out what they’re doing. You swore to yourself, that you would not go all the way to the basement.

 

You looked down, stretching your neck from side to side to try and see the members of Vixx. No matter how much you stretched, you couldn’t see. You made your way down the stairs one by one, still stretching to see where they were.

 

Where are they?

 

You continued down. Before long, you found yourself at the bottom of the stairs.

 

Lee Jinhee. You bring yourself back upstairs right now!

 

Despite the voice in your head swearing at you to go upstairs, you continued to look around for Vixx.

 

“Hello?” You cautiously crept around the basement. “Are... You guys still ummm.... Here?” You called out.

 

You lightly opened the first room door, to find the space undisturbed and empty. The beds were just the way they were, before the boys had entered the home.

 

That’s weird... I didn’t hear them leave.

You closed the door and headed to the one neighbouring it. You opened the door in a similar fashion. This room was also, empty.

 

Where did they go?

 

You searched through the basement. Every single nook and cranny, were searched, but you couldn’t find the members of Vixx anywhere.

 

“Guys? Are you guys still here?” You called out.

 

There was no response. You started to get a bad feeling, but you shook it off.

 

Who cares where they are? I mean, I barely know them. It doesn’t matter to me what happens to them!

 

You walked up the stairs and returned to your program.

 

This is good... Right? I mean, it’s not like I wanted them here in the first place.

 

You turned the channel a couple of times and found a variety program. You sank down into the couch, comfortably and enjoyed the show.

 

As you enjoyed yourself, you heard the beeping of the air conditioning system. Your eyebrows furrowed and you got up to turn the machine off.

 

You pressed it off and turned around to return to the sofa.

 

Beep.

 

You turned around and the AC was on, again. You pressed it off again, this time keeping your finger on the power button, so it would power down. After making sure it was off, you turned to return to your program.

 

Beep. Beep.

 

You felt the air blowing from the AC. You turned to find the AC on, again.

 

Stupid thing.

 

You turned it off again. However this time, as soon as you removed your finger. It again.

 

Okay...

 

You turned it off again and quickly pulled out the power cord. You returned to your program, finally, with an ominous feeling looming over you.

 

You sat comfortably on the couch, once again and laughed at the program’s MC diving into a giant pile of mud. You laughed along with the show hosts as they made fun of the MC. In the middle of the MC’s lines, the TV changed channels.

 

What in the world?

 

You searched around for the remote control. You checked your sides and under yourself, but found it on the coffee table.

 

If I wasn’t sitting on it... How did... You gulped. Hahaha. Stop freaking yourself out Jinhee. You tried to laugh it off.

 

You turned the channel back to the program, but as soon as you did, the channel changed again.

 

It couldn’t be them... Could it?

 

“Guys?” You called out. “You guys can come out now. It’s not funny anymore.”

 

Again there was no reply.

 

“Guys? I’m being serious. I’ve had enough of these games!” You said slightly frightened.  

 

The television started to buzz and your shot your head to it. You quickly turned off the TV and ran up to unplug it.

 

You ripped the plug out of its socket and threw it on the ground.

 

“Guys! Come out now. Please! I won’t yell at you anymore, just stop doing this!” You pleaded.

 

The lights started flickering throughout the house and you screamed.

 

“PLEASE! STOP. I’M SORRY ABOUT BEFORE! JUST PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!” You cried.

 

The light bulbed flicked on and off all throughout the house, repeatedly. Every flicker, became faster and faster.

 

You crawled up into a ball and held your head to your knees.

 

“STOP!” You cried.

 

All the lights in the house turned off simultaneously. A large explosion was heard from above you. You looked up and shaw shards of the light bulb flying down towards you. As you watched the sharp glass near you, a dark figure covered you. Your heared the glass shards bounce off against the figure and on to the ground. You looked up at the figure, to see a glowing pair of golden eyes. It was too dark to see anything else but his eyes.

 

He picked you up in his arms and jumped back from the living room into the kitchen. He dropped your legs and pulled you behind him.

 

From the socket, the light bulb exploded from, a spark was emerging. You clasped onto the figure’s sleeve and watched from behind his back, as the spark grew.

 

In front of you an enormous lightning bolt shaped creature grew, As it reached the ground, it’s body branched off to the air, like a real lightning bolt.

 

You started to shake in fear. The figure in front of you, took hold of your shaking hand and laid it on your side. He turned around and you could now see - from the light emitted by the monster- it was Ken. He squeezed your hand and smiled.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll protect you.” Ken let go of your hand and jumped off.

 

As Ken jumped toward the monster, it emitted a blinding light. You squinted to try and keep eye on Ken and the monster, but it was too bright you couldn’t see anything.

 

For a minute everything was white. Then the whole world became dark.

 

“Ken?” You called with your voice shaking.

 

The lights started to turned back on and you found yourself in the kitchen. Everything around you was normal. The AC, TV, even the light bulb was back to normal.

 

You charged into the living room.

 

“Ken?”

 

“Oracle!” You turned to find Hyuk coming upstairs from the basement, followed by the rest of the Vixx members.

 

“Guys!” You greeted them, in relief.

 

Hyuk ran up to you and hugged you right away. Your eyes went round again, as the maknae squeezed the breath out of you.

 

“I thought we lost you again.” He rested his head on yours.

 

“Hyu..k...I...Can’t... B-Breathe.” You let out.

 

“Oh! Sorry.” He pulled away.

 

The rest of the members joined you two. N and Hongbin each took one of your arms and searched for any scratches or bruises. Ravi repeatedly asked you, “are you okay?”

You nodded and did a quick head count. You only counted 5 Vixx members and Ken was still missing.

 

“Guys where’s Ken?” You shot your head back and forth.

 

“Here...” You saw Ken climb up the stairs holding his ribs, with ashes in his face.

 

You ran to him and whacked him on the side of the head again.

 

“Oww! Oww! Oww! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?” He yelped.

 

You hugged him lightly and cried into his chest, “Please... Don’t ever do that again.”

 

He wrapped his free hand around you and smiled, “I’m sorry.”

 

You held onto Ken as he patted your head.

 

“Ehem.” N cleared his throat.

 

You quickly realized, who you were hugging and let go of Ken quickly, “Sorry!”


Leo and Hyuk stepped over and helped Ken across the living room. They set him down on the couch and he let out another yelp, “OUCH! Softly, Leo hyung. Hyuk, you too.” You quickly sat yourself next to Ken and started rubbing away the ashes off Ken’s face. As you rubbed it off, you saw the burns on the back of his neck and arms. The ends of his hair was fried too.

 

You bit hard down onto your lower lip.

This is all my fault.

-----

wowowowow. double update. whoop whoop. okay, so I think I've figured it out a bit. I'll try and update again tomorrow, but no promises (CAUSE I HAVE 3 FREAKING PROJECTS DUE TOMORROW AND A MOFO'ING DNA REP-SYNTH-MUT-IDON'TEVENGIVEA UNIT EXAM ON WEDNESDAY). Anyways, I know this chapter has alot of errors rn. but I'm too lazy to go through it rn. aight.... ummm bai.

 

AUTHOR'S MESSAGE TO VIXX ~

 

HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY MY BBS.

우리 빅스 오빠들 ㅠㅠ 이러케 잘커져서 고마워 ㅠㅠ. 영원토록행복하게가자.

스릉한다, 상횩이오빠, 재환이오빠, 학연오빠, 홍빈이오빠,원식이오빠, 그리고... 내남편정택운. 오마이가드.

(Our VIXX oppas ㅠㅠ Thank you for growing so well ㅠㅠ.Let's live happily forever.

I Lave you, Sanghyok oppa, Jaehawn oppa, Hakyeon oppa, Hongbin oppa, Wonsik oppa, And...MyHusbandJungTaekWoon. Ohmygod.)

아아아아아아아아아아아악 정택운! 너무 섹시해~

(Ahhhhhhhhhhhhk Jung Taek Woon! You're too y ~ (In Kenjummah voice).