Rise and Shine

[ONE-SHOT] Alarm Clock
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Have you heard? Your Taemin is with Naeun now!"

I threw my pen on my textbook and glared at my friend who was standing by the table.

"Do you know you're the fourth person who told me this ridiculous story? Firstly, Taemin has never told me anything about liking another girl. Secondly, even if Taemin likes someone, that person can't be Naeun! She's not his style. Lastly, get away from here before I throw my pen at you instead!"

She scurried off without even turning back to look at me. I picked up my pen again and placed the tip back on the paper. I wrote a letter, then it off again. I then wrote the same letter, and it off again. I was about to write again when I realized I had nothing to write, I lost all my words. I angrily scribbled around the textbook and threw my pen once again.

 

I leaned back on my chair and ran my fingers through my hair. When will I ever wake up from this dream? What do I mean by dream?

Everyone is very well aware of my feelings for Taemin, even Taemin himself. Being close with each other, he would never hurt me. And the only reason why I started to like him was because I could feel his feeling for me.

Taemin is constantly telling me how much he loves me. Every time I’m upset or angry, he’ll be there for me. He’ll hug me in his arms and kiss me. Then he’ll whisper in my ears how much he loves me and he’ll never leave me. There was simply no way Taemin would date another girl.

Recently I had been lucid dreaming, and I was pretty sure this was a dream too. Not to mention the settings I had been making myself dream of were all unpleasant.

 

I stood up and packed my things. My partner looked at me and asked, “Where are you going? Lesson’s going to start in five!”

I ignored him and just left the class room hastily. If it was in reality I would never skip a lesson. Since it was a dream, it didn’t really matter. I just want to find the exit or get to the end of this nightmare.

 

I went down to the school’s field and sat at the last row of spectator’s seat. The track and field were both empty, which allowed me some time for myself.

How was I supposed to wake up from a dream? People would usually pinch themselves, but if I dream of me pinching myself, that wouldn’t work right?

I sighed and leaned on the wall behind me. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. But before I was able to do so, someone called my name. I opened my eyes and turned to the field. One of my friend from another class was there alone on the track around the field. What was he doing there? I suppose dreams didn’t really need a reason for everything. I waved back at him, thinking he would go away, but we ended up having a conversation.

“What are you doing there? Shouldn’t you be in class?”

“It’s none of your business!”

“What none of my business?! Did you sneak out of class to find Taemin?”

“Minho, shut up!”

“Just asking! Well, our class is having a break now. Taemin is probably in the library teaching Naeun math. Maybe you can find him there.”

My blood stared to boil when I heard that name. No, I wasn’t exaggerating, I think my blood really started to boil inside me.

“I didn’t say I was looking for him!” I grabbed my bag and left.

 

I left in such a hurry that I didn’t think about where I should be heading to afterwards. Should I go on finding some peace and quiet, or end the dream that instant?

I was passing by the lockers when someone called out for me again. I wanted to ignore him, but he caught up with me and stopped me.

“Why did you ignore me?”

“Sorry Jonghyun, I didn’t hear you. And would you excuse me? I’m in a rush,” I said and took a step forward.

“Are you off to find Taemin? Be a good friend! Don’t interrupt Naeun and him!”

I rolled my eyes and carried on walking down the hallway, picking up speed with each step. I did not want to be stopped by anyone again for they’ll probably tell me something about that I didn’t want to hear.

 

Maybe I was too engrossed in my own thoughts, or the dream just jumped scene, I suddenly found myself at the library entrance. I gulped and walked around the outside for a while. Should I go in or should I not?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter