Wild Goose Chase

Legend of the Dark Mountains

"How can you not read the map?"

"Me? Why can't you read it?"

"I can't read a map! You're a boy, so you should know!"

"Oh be quite. Like you can do any better."

Gui Gui twitched as she watched her two companions bicker about map-reading ahead. It's been barely an hour and they haven't covered half a mile yet. The village was fairly medium, so it shouldn't take that long to get to the border.

"You know what, Mr. Hotshot, let me do it." Ah Xing yanked the map out of Aaron's grip and held it up. A minute passed and she finally put it down. "I rest my case," she said.

Gui and Aaron rolled their eyes.

Just as Gui opened to speak, they heard a commotion coming from behind.

"Hey, you two get back here!" a deep-toned voice ordered from behind.

The three teenagers turned around to see a group of nine men heading their way. "Shoot, they're after me!" they all yelled. The girls stopped to send Aaron strange looks.

"They're after you too?" Gui asked.

Ah Xing sensed him tense up. Before she could open , she remembered the guards and the wires in her brain sparked up. "Guys, we'll talk about this later. Right now, we have to split up and try ot lose the guards," she explained. Her friends nodded. Ah Xing ran forward while Gui and Aaron took a detour around the corner.

The guards splitted up as well. Four went after Ah Xing as the other five followed Aaron and Gui.

"Whoops, excuse me," Aaron said, accidentally bumping into a little girl. "Sorry. Pardon me!"

"Hey, Aaron, do you have a plan to get rid of them?" Gui whispered to him once he managed to catch up to her.

He grinned. "I got just the plan."

 [ Five Minutes Later ]

"See?" Aaron said, dusting off his hands. "Let the master do it."

In the past five minutes, Aaron managed to capture all five guards in a net he had set up quickly. How he did it, Gui had no idea. But whatever it was, she had to admit, it was totally awesome.

"Hey, Aaron," Gui said. The teen turned to her. "Yeah?" he replied.

"Let's go check on Ah Xing."

"Yeah, but you shouldn't be worried too much. She won't get hurt."

Gui raised an eyebrow. "Her get hurt? No, I'm talking about the guards that are getting hurt."

The two found their friend two minutes later in a back alley. Three of the guards were out cold on the ground while the last one was begging for mercy.

"What... did you do?'" Gui Gui exclaimed.

Ah Xing held up a hand, signaling for them to pause. She then returned to the guard pleading at her feet. "Fine, now scram," she said. As soon as she said that, he ran out of the alley, leaving his friends there. Ah Xing turned back towards her two friends and grinned. "Hey, how's it going?"

Aaron gaped at her. "How do you stand each other?" he asked.

Gui shrugged. "You'll get used to it."

OK, it's been a long time since i updated. I'm not sure if this was really a good chapter, because I just wanted to see if my viewers are still with me >_< Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it, even though it's not the best chapter.