When Changjo is jealous...

One shot collection

It was Sunday, a day that gave freedom to all Teen Top’s member as they did not have any schedule nor practice. They were given a free day as a reward from winning a music program show.

As usual Chunji and L. Joe are already missing from early morning to who-know-where while their leader took this chance to catch some sleep. It was not surprise since the latter slept late the night before; composing is what he told everyone. Although Ricky can swear he heard a distinct sound of Candy Crush background music coming from leader’s room. That left with the maknae line. Changjo and Ricky are in the living room, watching some show while Niel in the kitchen preparing breakfast. For once the dorm is quiet. The only sound can be heard is from the television and once in a while Niel’s voice, muttering incoherent words from the kitchen.

“Ouch.”

“That was the third time.” Ricky said to Changjo who pay no attention. “Niel hyung, are you really okay?” He asked. Worry laced in the voice. Niel is not a good cooker, everyone in Teen Top know that. And he can be a little clumsy too which is why Ricky is not appealed with the thought of Niel handling the knife.

“Yes, I’m okay. Don’t worry, it almost finish.”

“Do you need any help?” Ricky tried to offer some help. At least if he was there, he can prevent any incident from happen.

“No need. I’m fine. Trust your hyung.” Niel yell back. It was almost like a war is happening in the kitchen from all the noise Niel had makes.

“He will be fine.” A soft reply from beside him make Ricky turned his head. Changjo was so quiet that Ricky almost forgot he was there.

“What do you say?” Ricky asked again as he didn’t quite catch what the younger had said.

“I said he will be fine.” Changjo grumbled. His face tensed. It was obvious that Changjo was in a foul mood.

“Are you….”

“Food is ready.” Ricky questioned was cut by Niel’s voice. He looked at the kitchen where Niel was. The taller was preparing the table with a bright smile.

‘Well it can wait then.’ Ricky thought as he heading to the kitchen. Changjo growled before reluctantly stand up and followed Ricky.

When they reached, Ricky was surprised at the amount of foods on the table. There on the table was a big bowl of fried rice with some kimchi and fried eggs and a pot of ramen.

“You are here for almost one hour and you only cook that.” Changjo did not afraid to voice his thought. However he failed to notice how his hyung’s face fell at his remark. Ricky who noticed that nudged his friend, “Yah, be nice.” He took a place beside Niel before scoping some fried rice into his plate. He took the first bite. It’s too bland.

“It’s too bland.” Changjo commented. He too was eating the fried rice. Niel frowned. He tasted the food. It was true, the rice was bland. He sighed. It was the first time he cooked something for s and he wanted it to taste decent but he failed.

“I’m sorry guys. I should’ve taste it before I served the foods.” He apologized.

“It’s okay hyung. When you eat it with the kimchi and the fried egg, it doesn’t taste that bad.” Ricky tried to cheer his hyung. “Besides, your ramen is really tasty.” To prove his words, Ricky took a mouthful of ramen. It was too much that his cheeks look like it was going to burst. Niel laughed at the sight. He really can count on Ricky to make him happy again. Niel pinched the younger’s cheek, can’t resist his dongsaeng’s cuteness anymore.

“It’s hurt, hyung.” Ricky pouted as he rubbed his cheek. It will probably look red right now.

It was an adorable sight. “You’re too cute.” Niel who was melting by his dongsaeng’s cuteness outstretched his hand once more. He wanted to pinch the younger’s cheeks again but the latter simply dodge his hand. This time it was Niel turned to pout. Each of their happy interaction was followed by a pair of angry eyes.

Changjo who watched from the side stop eating. He can’t watch it anymore. He slammed his chopstick and walked away without finishing his food.

The sudden outburst had shocked both Niel and Ricky. They glanced at each other. All the possibility came to mind but nothing seems right. In the end Niel get up from his seat, decided to check on the maknae.

“I’ll go check. You finish your food.” Ricky nodded his head before focus back on his food. He was grateful that Niel had taken the time to keep his promise. It was not great but like what people always said it’s the thought that counts.

******

Niel carefully approach the younger who was lying down on the coach. His eyes were close with one of his hand rest on the forehead. His breathing was steady. If anyone else see; they will thought that the man already fallen asleep but Niel knew better. Changjo was not sleeping but it was something he did when tried to surpass his anger.

Niel sit on the small space left on the couch. Just barely miss Changjo’s long legs.

“Changjo-yah, are you still mad?” He started. His hand grabbing the younger’s hand; caress it slowly with his thumb. He can feel the younger flinched at his touched but relax after that. He waited for the reply but nothing came. He was about to asked again when he saw Changjo’s eyes flutter opened and their eyes met.

Niel smiled, “Do you want to tell your hyung?”

“Nothing.” Changjo mumbled. Eyes closed again. His face scrunched up like he was thinking something before he abruptly get up from his lying position. He pushed his hyung gently so that his back was against the coach. Once he was satisfied with the position, he lay again but this time he rested his head on Niel’s lap. His hand was searching for the older’s. As he feels Niel’s hand, he took and placed it in his head. He smiled in content and closed his­­ eyes.

All this time Niel watched with amused. It was more amused when Changjo, still with his eyes closed, grabbing Niel’s hand that was on his head and started to move it along his hair. He recognized the gesture. It reminded Niel of his experience petting a cat owned by his cousin a long time ago.

As he feels Niel’s hand move on his accord, Changjo let go. Instead he let his hand hug Niel’s leg.

Niel watched Changjo’s lips turned up into a child-like smile as he snuggles closer, comfy with the warm of his legs. It was an adorable and of course a rare sight. Given that, he signaled for a camera at Ricky who was just entered the living room.

Confused. Ricky mouthed ‘What?’ as he did not want to wake Changjo up.

Niel pointed at Changjo before make a gesture like someone taking picture. Only understand now, Ricky bring out his mobile and was about to take a picture when Niel stopped him.

Niel carefully inspect his pocket for his phone. Once he did, he gave the phone to Ricky, “Use mine.”

Ricky rolled his eyes but took it anyway. He snapped a picture before giving back the phone and left, giving the privacy they need. His head was running with possible plan to fill his remaining time. He was thinking about asking Niel to join him watching a movie in cinema but looking back, he decided to watch the movie on his laptop instead.

“You need to thank me, Changjo.”

 

image

the last part was inspired by this picture..