100 days and 5 seconds

Second Love (a one-shot)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 In five seconds, it was all over.

 

Tiffany closed her eyes, opened it, and closed it again. She can feel tears forming in them. The letter she wrote for him was dangling from her left hand- unread, unopened and unnoticed. It was the last of a hundred daily notes she promised to give him each day of their relationship.

 

Just a hundred days and it was over.

 

Was it her fault? Did she do something that displeased him? Was she an insensitive girlfriend? Questions plagued her mind a mile a minute and she almost felt dizzy with them running through her mind. She tried to open to verbalize each one of them, but her muscles felt paralyzed.

 

An awkward silence enveloped them and Tiffany wondered how long it would last. It killed her to know that there were so many words left unspoken; so many blames left unsaid; so many stories left untold. It felt like, a hundred days weren't enough for them to say that their relationship had lived well. It will never be enough. Nothing will never be enough for her to feel that.

 

Jongin stood silently in front of her.

 

“Noona, I-” he started, but failed to say anything anymore. He was afraid whatever word that would come out of his mouth could cause her any hurt. She had been a good noona to him, he would give her that. But as their relationship went further, so did a lot of things, including his doubts.

 

Was it his fault? Did she do something that displeased him? Was she insensitive to his feelings? Ideas came rushing through his mind-thoughts of how he was going to break it to her gently. But is there ever a way to break it to a woman and still leave her unscathed?

 

“Noona, I-” he started again, and then changed his words. “Noona, whatever it is that's going through your mind right now, I- it's not true, okay? If you think you've been a bad girlfriend to me then, no, you haven't. You were really amazing, noona.”

 

How do you tell a girl about how you really feel without hurting her, he asked himself again upon seeing the hurt in her eyes. Tiffany was surely someone who cannot hide her feelings really well-or at least in front of him. She was transparent and vulnerable in his eyes. He can read her like a book that he has memorized well, much like he knows the back of his own hands.

 

Tiffany knew he can see right through him and it hurt her even more. It hurt her how she can never be able to face him and say that she's alright because he knows when she is not, and right now, of course she isn't.

 

“Then why do we have to do this?” She finally found her voice after what felt like a century just standing there, staring at each other. “Why are you breaking up with me? Was there anything wrong? Please tell me, Jongin. It just- it kills me to know that I don't know why we're going through this. I need to know!”

 

She knew her last words sounded desperate, but she really was and there's no way she's letting this conversation-the last one they're probably going to have ever-go without even knowing what went wrong.

 

“I'm in love with someone else.” Kai's words were simple, but he was sure they were sharp enough to pierce through her and then back again. He avoided her gaze as he spoke, realizing he was actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter