01

Simply a boy

 

“But Mom! Don’t you think it’s a bit… too much?”

 

Whined jiyong as his mother was putting—forcing—a strapless black mini dress on his petite body. He was pouting in protest only until his mother glared at him scarily.

 

Yes, we could say that jiyong looked ridiculously feminine with his pale skin, pouty plump lips, button nose and a bit too long brownish hair for a boy. But damn his physical appearance was a curse for him; and also a dream came true for his parents.  He would always protest in silence with how girlish he looked, at how petite his body seemed.

 

 He wanted to be real man.

 

Jiyong wanted it so bad to be called a real man.

 

And real man in jiyong’s peripheral vision was tattoos, muscled body, and tanned skin.

And look at him, the only tattoo he had was a little scar on his hip (it was his manly side which called it tattoo). Muscle? Every human had muscle inside their skin, didn’t they? So did jiyong. Under his pale smooth skin, of course he had muscle (said his delusional side.).

 

And then, tanned skin. For this, jiyong had given up already.

The only time jiyong tried to tan himself by sunbathing at the beach, he was already in the verge of death for the first 5 minutes because his sensitive skin was burned down by the sun mercilessly.

He came home with so many burns on his skin; his mother was already yelling at how careless he could be and started to apply many kinds of lotions and creams right away.

But at least he passed the first two requirements; he would call himself a man then.

 

“Ji honey, are we talking about this matter again?”

The pregnant silence after jiyong’s mother icy remark was threatening; he could feel her glare on his back. As he gulped soundlessly, he shook his head and then smiled the gummy smile he knew his mother loved so much.

“Okay then I will start doing your hair, sweetie pie”

Okay, cut the bull jiyong said about him being a man.

 

Jiyong was a girl.

 

Or so his family said.

 

The kwon family was a much respected family down the block. They were respected because of their wealth and Mr. Kwon leadership charisma. Besides their image as a perfect family, Mr. Kwon and Mrs. Know had been dreaming about having a daughter as they only had boys on their house. Of course, it’s good to have a son because they can continue their father business, protect their mother, and you know, boys. But the kwon needed a girl too in their family, because… because Mrs. Kwon said so.

On her latest pregnancy, Mrs. Kwon had believed that she would have a daughter because she knew God wouldn’t be that bad to her family. She had given birth to three sons, so for that time, she just knew that she would have a daughter; and because of that reason too, she didn’t take the ultrasonography test.

Everything went with blur after Mrs. Kwon gave birth to baby Jiyong; it was a chaos. Even the hospital’s staff was troubled with this family reaction they had to make the Kwons to be out of the hospital as soon as possible.

The life of the kwons was torturous after that.

 

 

But nothing in the world could be compared with jiyong’s misery.

He spent his childhood being someone he was not; he didn’t know much when he was still a little boy, and he also thought that he was a girl, because he has always been the prettiest in the class, and everyone would like him immediately with the princess-like attitude he has been taught.

However, when he hit puberty and his girl friends were having s on their chest while he had none of those; that was the time when he started to doubt his own gender.

His mother had noticed jiyong’s unusual behavior too, and she knew the time has come.

 

The time for explanatory.

 

It was really hard to accept the reality of course; Jiyong was so confused he locked himself up in his room for days that time. He was sad, depressed, and felt stupid. He would always think that he was such a fool because when he was still a girl, he would constantly read fashion magazines and how couldn’t he notice the differences between girls and boys? He really thought he was a fool.

 

And he was a bit guilty at his boy friends in the primary school because he would be always mock them that ‘boys have cooties’ and he, and his girls group would forbid them to play together.

Man, and now that he was a boy; he could totally imagine the humility he would get. And that he actually also had cooties back then. Ew.

 

 

 He eventually overcame this problem and after a few weeks of ignoring his parents, he had declared that he wanted to be back.

 

He wanted to be a boy; Like how he should have been.

 

With that, the kwons was very startled, and Mrs. Kwon fainted almost immediately. The peace the kwons once had when Jiyong was still their little girl was gone; the jiyong they scared would be had come.

But like their family’s motto ‘what the kwons want, the kwons get’, they wouldn’t gave up on jiyong, and they wanted the old jiyong back. They wanted the girl jiyong back.

For this intention, they made so many kinds of scenarios of jiyong’s reaction, and then they had chosen the best plan to surely make the old jiyong back (Insert creepy laugh here).

 

 

The plan was hurriedly implemented from its actual schedule as Jiyong had made the first step ahead with cutting his hair a bit shorter and wore his brother jeans.

 

When Jiyong was home after a tiring day at school—he hadn’t told his friend yet about his gender because he was just too coward—and saw his mother lied unconscious on the couch, he froze at his place. His whole family was there crying so hard he actually felt a bit suspicious, but he shrugged the thoughts away and ran to her mother.

He was yelled, shouted, and suddenly became the one who was blamed because of his mother condition. Truthfully, he was confused but after paying a bit attention, he started to actually get what did his father yelling about.

It was about what their family wants—besides kinds of illness that he never heard before his father said about his mother condition, he even grew more suspicious because his father looked like he was memorizing the words—, It was about the gender thingy and he was so mad he could just slap his father, but he didn’t.

And he nodded every single thing his father told him; that time was the time he actually agreed with what his family selfishly wanted.

He agreed to be a girl for the rest of his life.

 

Mission: Completed.

 

After he agreed, everything in his closet—which was still filled with girly clothes and things—was dress, heels and some lingerie (he didn’t know why did his mother bought him that). He was forced to do a transplant gender, but he begged to his parent to not to do that. It was hard to make them agree with him, but they agreed anyway.

So there he was, living as a fuc.king girl.

 

 

 

 

 

“There you are! Aww, my daughter is so pretty! You are so ready to go to that party!”

Jiyong was forcing himself to smile as happy as he could and skipped his way into the mirror with the pretty black dress—he still had the feelings for cute dress—, he laughed at how beautiful he looked. Everything about him shouted feminine and pretty, how did he born to be a boy anyway?

 

“Come on honey, your brothers wouldn’t want to wait for too long”

Her mother was beaming happily he couldn’t wish anything more than that. He only wanted his mother and family happy; and if it’s to sacrifice his own happiness.

He’s so doing that.

 

 

------------------------------------

 

So ahem.

This is my first author notes. And my first time here.

So… I guess I’m satisfied with this chapter. And it’s only about what happened to Jiyong, there’s no gtop. But calm ya girls, I love gtop as much as you guys do xD so I’m so going to make them meet asap *cheers*

Emm, anyone want to add me as friends?

Because I’m new and friendless and pitiful u,u

And thank you everyone who subscribed and commented, you guys don’t know it meant a lot to me, love you guys <3

Oh yeah, and my mother can’t even speak English so forgive me for bad grammar! I’m too lazy to check em again orz ^^

-be back fosho :D