Quasiment

Remembrance

A/N: A very short update...


“No scar”

A simple statement yet it makes Kyuhyun’s eyes pop out, his breath to hitch and his body to shake in panic...

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes widens, shock written all over his face as he feels his body tremble.

“W-wonnie”

He can barely mutter, waiting for his boyfriend, who's still inspecting his palm, to look up at him, which takes a couple of minutes that felt like forever to the maknae before their eyes meet.

“Siwon, d-do you-“ He starts but stops when Siwon smiles at him and tightens the hold on his hand.

“Aah you hurt your hand before, right? I remember you being my first real patient”

Siwon chuckles, yet it doesn't really reach Kyuhyun’s ears as he nervously eyes his boyfriend trying to read his mixed up expression.

“That’s all you remember?” He carefully asks, earning a nod and a smile before Siwon turns his attention back to Ryewook, inspecting his recent burn.

Kyuhyun’s eyes are fixed on Siwon, a frown between his eyebrows as he feels the change of color on his boyfriend’s face and the way his eyes seem to dance unfocused, mystifying. However, his gaze is broken when Hyukjae put his hand on his shoulder to get his attention.

“Let him be” He whispers but Kyuhyun can't let him be just like that. He can tell something is off but he just can't put a finger on it.

Siwon remembers something that happened on the most horrific day of their lives, the moment everything went drastically bad, and so he can't help but get nervous about it. So staring back at his boyfriend, Kyuhyun impatiently waits for him to finish, not minding the stares that he can feel from his band mates, clearly all having the same thought as Hyukjae.

“All done” Just as Siwon announces after finishing putting the bandage on Ryewook’s hand, he is abruptly pulled as Kyuhyun grips on his arm and starts walking him out of the living room and back to his room.

Siwon watches as Kyuhyun closes the door and rests his back on it before intently staring at him, leaving him frowning and wondering what was wrong.

“What is it?”

He asks, but Kyuhyun doesn't answer right away. He just keeps staring at his boyfriend with narrowed eyes as if trying to read his thoughts.

“Kyu, you’re scaring me”

Taking a deep breath, Kyuhyun takes a step closer and without breaking his gaze, he sadly mutters “Please don’t hate me”

Siwon watches as a single tear escapes the corner of Kyuhyun’s eyes, sending a tug into his heart and so he pulls him to his embrace, hugging him tightly.

“I can never hate you”

Kyuhyun doesn't know what just happened to him but he feels horrible and can only cry in Siwon’s arms, his hands wrapping around his waist hugging him back.

“I love you, I love you...”

Siwon keeps whispering in the maknae’s ear, his heart breaking with each sob and thus making him tighten his hold even more.

It goes on for a couple of minutes before Siwon decides to walk them to the bed, carrying Kyuhyun and laying him down, the maknae’s arms are now clinging to his neck not wanting to let him go, but not like Siwon is intending to leave him anyway.

As the crying continues with Kyuhyun letting out all of his frustration, the torment he has been feeling lately, and the constant fear of losing Siwon, tiredness wins over him and he falls asleep in Siwon’s arms.

The younger has his jaw clenched the whole time, never able to witness Kyuhyun crying like that. His own face is smudged with tears yet he doesn't let go of Kyuhyun for even a second to wipe them off.

.
.

An hour later, Kyuhyun slowly opens his puffy eyes, blinking a few times to get his head straight and figure out where he is.

Feeling the warm body shielding him, he slowly withdraws his head from the tight embrace, breath hitching when his eyes meet Siwon’s, not missing on the sad look shown all over his face nor the strains of tears stuck to his cheeks.

“You're okay?”

Slowly nodding, Kyuhyun guiltily bites on his lower lip while avoiding the younger’s eyes.

“What are you scared of?”

The question catches him off guard and Kyuhyun doesn't know how to reply. It's very clear what he's scared of but he's not sure how he can convey his true feelings to Siwon, and so all he can mutter is “Losing you”

“Did you do something to lose me?”

Kyuhyun’s eyes slightly widens, contemplating on how to answer that. Did I do something to lose you? Of course I did, I broke your heart but… you forgave me. Will you be able to forgive me again when you remember?

He wants to say those words out loud but he can't. He doesn't want to hurt Siwon again. He has hurt him enough already and the thought of making him go through all of it again is torturing him.

Remembering on his own, Siwon will at least know the rest of their story together and the way Kyuhyun felt about him, but telling him only that miserable part will crush him.

Tracing his fingers’ pads over the younger’s cheek down to his jaw, Kyuhyun leans closer and pecks him on the lips before whispering “I was foolish and I did lose you once but I never wish to lose you again”

Surprisingly, Siwon’s face expression doesn't change which somewhat confuses Kyuhyun. He had expect his boyfriend to throw a bunch of questions at him and asks about their past again. However, Siwon just calmly looks at him before Kyuhyun’s confusing eyes makes him break the gaze.

“I hurt you”

Kyuhyun adds wanting to test Siwon’s reaction but it only gets him more confused since the younger doesn't seem affected at all. He's still avoiding his gaze, looking anywhere but his boyfriend’s judging eyes.

“I’m sure you didn’t mean to” Comes Siwon's calm reply, hand playing with Kyuhyun’s before bringing it up to his lips and planting a couple of kisses on it. Then as he lets his gaze meet the maknae’s again, he seriously adds “Right?”

Kyuhyun looks at his boyfriend puzzled for a couple of seconds before frantically shaking his head, desperately wanting Siwon to believe him.

“Then that’s enough for me”

Feeling questions on the tip of Kyuhyun’s tongue, Siwon abruptly rolls to the side, hovering over his boyfriend’s body and claiming his lips into a passionate kiss.

Kyuhyun unfocusedly tries to figure out the reason behind the nagging feeling inside his chest, but he soon feels weak when Siwon’s tongue invades his cavern and thus his eyes flutter close, surrendering to his boyfriend’s skillful mouth.

 

- Tbc -