Winners

x → infinity: an infinite writing contest - winners have been selected

First things first, I just want to say thank you for everyone that had taken an interest in this contest, because I definitely was able to find a few authors that I'll definitely be checking out in the future, as well as looking at their other works. All of you guys had such interesting and enjoyable stories and it was quite tough to select the entries that would win, especially since the basis was not only on the stories you guys created, but the drabble as well. It was a tough choice, but after going over the entries and rereading quite a few of them, I finally was able to come to a decision. So give it up, here's your contest winners: 

1st - homophobia - --luminosity

Your drabble was constructed well and definitely interested me, but wasn't as strong as some of the other drabbles I read, but it was still good nonetheless as it made it in my top five drabbles. However, what really made your entry shine was your story, because I literally loved the piece. The way you wrote everything, your use of figurative language, the diary type style to the piece, as well as, Sungyeol's voice literally blew me away. I like the little stylistic approach you had to setting up your story, almost reminiscent to the poetry I used to read when I was younger, angsting over life like any other teen. So being able to see that, as well as, reading about Sungyeol's life made an impact on me. Overall, I felt the piece was a strong one (enjoyable too).

2nd - Consternation of Him - springrain

I really enjoyed your drabble because not only was it a bit different than some of the other entries, being more dialogue heavy, but gave insight to the supernatural aspect you had to the story. I enjoyed the more conversational aspect of it and the balance you had between dialogue and description. The story you wrote was written well, was realistic (even with the supernatural aspect to it), and your plot was quite unique. I enjoyed your writing style, the world you created, and the subtle romance you had between Myungsoo and Jiyeon (and I'm usually one that doesn't go out of my way to read this pairing as it's not one of my favorites, but you had me enjoying it nonetheless).  Overall, I really enjoyed this piece. 

3rd - dig up the bones - kisoap

On my list of top five drabbles, yours was number three as I found it to be well constructed and an interesting read. I enjoyed the supernatural aspect to it, as well as, the subtle hints to what Myungsoo and what his family was. While the story was an interesting read and reminded me a bit of Princess Mononoke, but darker and playing more on imagery and the paganism aspects. However, I enjoyed Myungsoo's voice and even though the Woohyun/Myungsoo moment was slight, it was there and written well and didn't try to be something more than what it was. I found your imagery and use of figurative language to be written well. It was an interesting and enjoyable piece, even if it was a bit darker than what I'm used to reading. 

 

For 1st place, you have a week to PM me with an address and the Infinite Album (Infinite H and Sunggyu's Albums are included in this) of your choice. I will most likely be using yesasia or kpoptown when it comes to buying the album. Once I get this, I'll give you your karma points as well.

For 2nd and 3rd place winners, just comment below so I know that you know you've placed and then I can send you your karma points. 

And for those that are interested, I'm hosting another Infinite writing contest (with prizes and karma points) where authors will be writing fantasy, sci-fi, supernatural, action/adventure, or horror stories, as well as using a set of 4 words (there are 7 sets) within the story. 

x > infinity