Mom, I'm back

Five Years Ago

"Hyung!"

Yongguk turned around to see Zelo running towards him.

"You got to check out the bathroom! " He practically screamed. "What for?" Yongguk laughed as he heaved his luggage up onto the bed. "It's huge!" The little kid dragged the word 'huge'. "And there's this bathtub Jacuzzi thing!"

Yongguk stared at Zelo for a moment. "Nope. I'm not getting into it with you."

"But why?" The child whined. "Jongup is coming. So is Youngjae. Daehyun said he'll join after he finishes his chicken."

"Because I'm not Jongup. Nor am i Youngjae or Daehyun. Bye Zelo. Have a great night." He started pushing him out of his room.

"But hyung..." The child whined again.

"Stop whining. Goodnight. " He closed the door after succeeding in pushing him out.

 

"Hyung!" The kid banged on the door. "Hyung, please."

"No," Yongguk replied. "Go to sleep ." "Fine. Goodnight. "Zelo huffed and walked off to looked for the rest.

 Finally. Peace.

"I should call Hyerin. Shouldn't i?" A smile emerged on his face and he dialled her number.

"Hello?"

How much he missed that sweet voice of hers.

"Hey."

The background was noisy. And there isn't Hyunshik and Eunri quarreling in the background. So, she was obviously not home.

"Where are you?"


 

 

"You're going back to the states, huh?" The thick, husky voice that she missed came from the other line.

"Yeah... Thought I'll give the both of them some time to... you know."

He chuckled. "You're so cute. Let's hope that when i get back there'll be some good news waiting for me."

Hyerin laughed. "I hope so... I need to go. My flight."

Yongguk sighed. "Alright then... Have a safe flight."

"Thank you. I'll call you when i get there."

"Sure," he replied. "I really missed you. Can't wait to get back home. "

Home... "Me too, Yongguk," she drew circles on her knees as a little, sad smile appeared on her face.

"I shan't hold you any longer," he said. "I love you," he said the last part a little softer.

"I love you too," she replied and bit her lips. "Bye."

"Bye."

She hung up and threw her phone into her carry on.

She slung her carry-on over her shoulder and stood up, grabbing the luggage handle.

She exhaled and flipped her hair behind her shoulders.

"Time to go!"


 

" Welcome," the air stewedess smiled as she walked out of the plane. Hyerin nodded and smiled before walking off to collect her luggage. 

 

Dragging her luggage behind, she stepped out of the airport. The scenery was different. Definitely different from the one in Seoul. But she felt at ease, relaxed.

"It's great to be back here," Hyerin smiled.

She whipped out her phone and dialled a familiar number.

"Mom, I'm back."