Chapter 2: The Korean Teacher

Camp K-Blood

It was raining heavily in Florida,yet mr. Sunshine was shining through.

"What a weird weather.", Mira said while combing Popey, her creepy Persian cat.

Mira and her cat were sitting beside her new $8000 stereo playing her favorite kpop songs. She's pure American, with of course, an American accent. What was unexplainable is that she can also speak Korean fluently, and perhaps, more so than her native language. She never attempted to learn Korean, and had no idea how she knew to speak it. At times, she was even unconscious of what language she is speaking. She has never met any Koreans, but, at the corner of her mind, she was aware of knowing some.

"Mira, please learn to fix your bed. Don't expect me to do anything you can't do", their housemaid said.

"Nanny! Wae?! Am I the one being paid to do those things? ANI!", Mira said almost like shouting.

Hearing her complaint, Mira's dad came in.

"Baby, you need to learn things by yourself. What if everyone in your life disappeared? Me and nanny? You'll hardly live, I tell you.", calmly expressed by her dad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 8am, time for school.

At the school corridor, Mira saw her boyfriend, Nathan. They're on since last year. Her dad only knew about her relationship status 5 months ago and drove him a little crazy. Mira and Nathan went on and off probably because of their busy schedules.

Mira heard the school bell rang, the signal to proceed to their respective classrooms.

"Hi Mira!", exclaimed by her bestfriend, Patricia.

"Hey."

"Would you like some cookies? My grandmother baked it for me."

"Halmeoni? Ne, juseyo."

"Wh--"

"Nevermind. Just give me one."

Mira took a bite and concluded that the cookie was awful. She doubt that her bestfriend's grandmother baked it.

"Hya! It's not good."

"I guess it's expired."

"Bish."

After a few moments, a beautiful lady barged in their medium-sized classroom. She was wearing a decent uniform, just like a flight stewardess. Several of the boys' mouth hung open as they watch the teacher came in.

"Annyeong haseyo. Chon Park samonim imnida.", said the teacher, Ms. Park, as she walked towards the platform.

Mira froze totally, knowing that the teacher spoke Korean.

"Hey, Pat! Did you hear what the teacher said?", Mira asked Patricia.

"Yea. Didn't you hear?"

"Uh, I'm not sure I heard her right. What did she say?"

"She said she was ms. Park."

"Did she speak in English?"

"Duh, yah. What other languages she may speak?"

Mira was 100-percent sure ms. Park spoke Korean. But, ms. Park doesn't look Korean, even Asian, Mira thought. 

"Good morning. From now on, I'll be your English teacher. Your teacher, former teacher, resigned yesterday.", ms. Park announced.

The English class was extended to 2 hours making the whole class exhausted.

"Mira!". Mira heard someone calling her. She looked at the teacher but she's not even looking at her or anyone looking at her. If she's called even out of the teacher's sight, some of the class will automatically look at her. But it seems she's invisible.

The voice called her for the third time. She decided to ignore the voice thinking that she was just sleepy and dizzy.

But the fourth one's louder and clearer. She opened her eyes and the class was looking at her.

"When did you decided to sleep? Let me see you at the prefect of discipline's office after class."

Ms. Park continued her discussion about the use of conjunctions, and ended her class after that topic.

"Nathan, bring me home I don't feel good."

"Didn't the teacher said to meet you at the office?"

"Oh yeah, be right back. I guess it's not a big deal."

"I'll just wait you at the lobby."

The office wall's plainly painted in sky blue and red stripes.

Mira spotted a huge. It's a painting of the Seoul tower. She wondered why they would hang a painting of that tower in the prefect's office.

The prefect let her in and placed a chair that's more like a bed beside Mira.

"Mira, please sit here while I call ms. Park."

She sat comfortably with her back rested the chair's backrest allowing one-fourth of her legs hanging in the air.

She waited for like 20 minutes until she heard someone singing. It's the same voice that called her lately. After a few seconds, she realized that the voice was singing a Korean lullaby song. She appreciates the voice and even didn't got curious on who it is. The next thing she knew, she was in a different place.

 

Author's note: Please do tell if you see grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors. 

Credits to by friend, Mika, for proof-reading some parts of this chapter. I in grammar. :))