Chapter 1: The Disaster

Camp K-Blood

"A thunderstorm will approach Tokyo the following day. As much as possible please stay indoors.", said by the weather reporter on the primetime news.

As a black-haired Japanese teenager wearing an open sweater and a baggy jogging pants folds several clothes in case of evacuation, the lights went out. He lit the brick-concept fireplace and finds it the place very warm. He then, removed his sweater revealing his weird scar in his right shoulder shaping like a letter Z.  

He can't remember where he got the scar. He brushed his hands on his scar and felt a little weird feeling in his hands flowing through his body. The shock of electricity. The electricity shocked him when it reached his lower legs and screamed.

"Are you okay?", asked by a woman with a curly hair, thin lips that show's no expression at all. She wears a heavy duster, maybe tons of duster and barefooted. 

"Yea, probably got astounded by the sound of the thunder. Sorry 'bout that.", answered by the guy politely. 

"Jinyo!!", shouted by someone outside their house. 

The woman calmly opened the door and welcomed a blond american girl with a v-shaped collar shirt,a jacket and green leggings holding a big flashlight. Her footwear caught the woman's attention because of its unexplainable color.

"Jenny, why come here late at night?", asked by Jinyo with an obvious curiosity in his voice.

"I just came to check if you're all okay. I'm so worried'

"You shouldn't come here at this time. Who knows what danger awaits you outside."

"Hello Jinyo. I just live beside your house."

"Okay, whatever."

An awkward silence followed after the conversation. Jenny came from a broken family, she lives with her step mother which she doesn't like very much, one of the reasons she always visit at Jinyo, which reliefs her. 

"Would you like to have dinner here? I've prepared a warm food for us all.", asked by Jinyo's mom to Jenny.

"Sure, just like what I say for a year."

They sat in on the floor with Jinyo and Jenny facing each other with the kotatsu in between. Jinyo's mom decided to not eat because she's not feeling well at all.

"So, what do you think of the thunderstorm that'll come ahead?", Jinyo asked.

A hint of surprise caught Jenny's reaction, "Since when you asked things like that? Probably, bad."

"I have a bad feeling this will be the worst thunderstorm that'll come to Tokyo."

"Don't think of things like that."

"Lately, I felt that a weird current of electricity flowed through my body and I screamed at the same time it thundered."

"So, what are you pointing at? That you got hit by the lighting and thunder is somehow connected to your scream? Haha, how hilarious."

"Nevermind. It's just a weird coincidence."

After eating, a huge noise came from the street. It's like hearing a thunder live in front of you. 

"What's with that noise?!", asked by shocked Jenny.

"I'll check". Jinyo smoothly walked out to see what's going on. He witnessed a house on fire in front of him. While going through the street and check the house, another big noise crackled behind him. Then he knew, this will be the worst moment of his life. He saw his house being covered in flames. As a second lightning shot it,  a third one followed. Three consecutive lightnings on the same place, he thought it could never be a coincidence.

He rushed through in front of their door and realized it's too late. Inside was like a burning hell and there's no way of getting in. Seeing what happened, he fell unconsciously to the ground.