Creating Your World

Creating Your World

 

The window created a perfect frame for the portrait of her body, her head turned toward the night sky. Stars were shinning bright, illuminating the city, protecting its people from dangers hiding at every corner. For him, however, the brightest star, the most beautiful of them all, was the girl sitting by the window. Her beauty had enlightened his world more than anything before.

 

Three years had passed since the first time their paths had crossed. His eyes had fallen upon her delicate figure. Love at first sight had never been something he believed in, but at that exact moment, he knew. He knew that there would never be someone else better for him than the beautiful creature he had been given the chance to contemplate that day.

 

Since then, not a single night did she not appeared in his dreams and not a single day did she not wandered in his thoughts. Many more times, they had passed by each other’s side without ever exchanging a word. Sometimes, men were accompanying her, a habit which could have discouraged anybody else. But he knew better. Her eyes would never glisten when she was with them. She wasn’t in love with them. He knew it. And he knew he had no more chances than these other men to seduce her.

 

During a long time, he searched for a way to conquer her, observing what his rivals were doing wrong, but never did he understood. Until one day, he finally did.

 

Following her everywhere, she once led him into a library, He passed the large doors behind her, being careful of not being noticed. Few seconds later, he saw her, installed comfortably in an armchair, reading a book. Staring longer at it, he was able to read the title: Aladdin, Disney’s version. Frowning in curiosity, he had spoken to her for the first time.

 

‘’Excuse me but, aren’t you a bit old to read these types of books?’’

 

Looking up from her reading, her face expressing a mix of anger and annoyance, she retorted to him in a rude tone.

 

‘’Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know I had to read only what you sir want me to. I’ll be reading something else then…’’ she debited before returning to her book.

 

‘’Oh no, I didn’t meant it in a reproach, I was just curious of why you were reading it that’s all! Aladdin is actually one of my favorite classic.’’ he tried to correct his mistake, stuttering in embarrassment.

 

However, it seemed to work, because the girl stared at him, questions in her eyes. It was the first time someone would actually be curious about her. That was if he was sincerely interested.

 

‘’I… I don’t even know you, why would I have to explain myself to a stranger?’’

 

‘’I’m Cheol Yong.’’ He answered before adding ‘’And you don’t have to explain me anything. I just really was curious.’’

 

She seemed to hesitate a little more but decided she had nothing to lose by trusting him. After all, she would probably never see him again.

 

‘’I like to evade from my life and imagine I’m Jasmine. Especially when Aladdin takes her on the flying carpet and shows her the beauty of the world. I wish I could be her. Be the heroine of a beautiful world.’’

 

And just with that, he knew exactly what he needed to do to have her.

 

Thinking this would be the only time they would have a conversation would have been wrong. After that day, they organized meetings, and from meetings, they passed to dates. Her interest in Cheol Yong was profound, especially since she had discovered he was a writer. She had read each of his published books, smiling at each of them and was waiting excitedly for his next one, which he didn’t want her to read yet. However, she still couldn’t say he had captured her heart entirely. She wished he had, but she couldn’t lie to herself, there was still something missing in their relationship, something she wasn’t sure herself what it was.

 

But he knew.

 

And a year after their first meeting, there they were, her, looking at the night sky and him, down there, looking at her. Both contemplating the same thing; stars.

 

A sound coming from her computer made her look away. She reached the device and clicked on the new message she had just received.

 

To: Jung Hwa Young

From: Bang Cheol Yong

Subject: My new book

Hey sweetie!

I’m finally done with this book. I really want you to read it so I joined it to this message. I really hope you’ll like it!

Tell me your impressions when you’re done! Knowing you, you’ll finish it in no time!

                                   Bang Cheol Yong

p.s. When you’re done with it, please come to your window, I have a surprise for you!

 

Intrigue, she opened right away the document containing the piece. She started reading and a few moments later, her eyes went wide and she covered with her hand. This wasn’t any book, nor was it any character that her boyfriend had chosen to write about.

 

The heroine was none other than her.

 

And has she continued to read, she realized he had placed her into another world. A beautiful world. Where she had an extraordinary life.

 

That is when, finally, her heart knew. Just like his did three years ago. They were meant to be.

 

She didn’t read the entire book before looking out of her window. As soon as she saw him, a smile appeared on her delicate lips. He motioned her to come down, to join him. She did as she was told and got out of her apartment. He hugged her tightly and kissed softly her lips before questioning whether she had enjoyed his book or not.


‘’You idiot! Of course I did! But I can’t believe you did this for me!’’

 

‘’I did it because I love you. The first time I saw you, way before that day at the library, I knew you were the one for me. You enlighten my days and with you by my side, I know nothing bad can happen. I know it was destiny to meet and to love you.’’

 

He took a pause, kneeling before adding.

 

‘’I can’t imagine my life without you, sweetie! You’re the reason I breathe, the reason I was born. And if, by any chance, you happen to be feeling the same way, would you like to honor me and…’’

 

He took out of his pocket a small box and opened it, revealing a beautiful ring topped with a shinning diamond.

 

‘’…accept to be my wife?’’

 

In her entire life, never had she felt sure about anything. Everything had a little something that would make her hesitate, reason why she had never found anybody with who she wanted to pass the rest of her life.

 

But for the first time, she knew exactly what to answer.

 

‘’Of course Cheol Yong! Of course, I want to be yours forever!’’

 

He passed the ring on her finger and, as if there was no one else on the street, their lips sealed with one another.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Didn't end up like I wanted but whatever >.> I'm sorry about that though ^^' hope you enjoyed anyway? ^^