FINAL

(I'm a) Mother Father Gentleman

 

This is also called “The day I sat down and wrote 5K of fanxing, which I have never written before and might never write again, in a high school/not-quite fantasy AU, all because I imagined Yixing insisting that Kris was a vampire and nobody believed him.” The shorter title is “I WANTED THE OPPOSITE OF THIS!”

Brief Warning : y kiss scene ahead but nothing happens so I’m not rating it. I trust you are all mature enough for this.

 

“Congratulations, you’ve finally lost it.”

Yixing looks at his best friend in despair. “I know what I’m talking about, I am an expert in such things!”

Lu Han rolls his eyes. “You can’t be an expert in something that doesn’t exist, Yixing.”

“Vampires are real,” Yixing growls. “I saw one!”

“You had a nightmare,” Lu Han says calmly, keeping his eyes on last night’s homework as he scrawls answers that make only a little sense, but will get him an A anyway. “You were a child, you’d just watched a scary movie, and you had a nightmare. A night terror, really.”

“It was real!”

“That’s what makes it a night terror—they seem real, but they’re not.”

Yixing pulls his own hair in frustration. “How can I make you believe me?” He cries.

“Believe what?”

Yixing turns to their other friend, Joonmyun. “That new transfer student,” Yixing hisses. “He’s a vampire!”

Joonmyun’s eyes widen. “What, Kris?!”

“Shh!” Yixing desperately claps a hand over Joonmyun’s mouth. “You want him to hear us?”

Lu Han pipes up. “Just bear with him, Joonmyun. I’m almost done…”

“You know that’s not due today, right?” Joonmyun says when he catches a glimpse of what Lu Han is working on.

“It’s not?” Lu Han gasps. “Well, . I’m wasting my time!” And he shoves the paper aside, stands up from the table and drags Yixing off to the third floor bathroom. Nobody goes there before homeroom, so it’s a safe place to talk. Joonmyun follows them, lugging all of their bags with him. Once in the bathroom, Lu Han checks all the stalls to make sure they’re empty. When it’s been declared safe, he turns to Yixing.

“Now, what makes you think Kris is a vampire?”

Yixing launches into his explanation. “He’s really pale, he’s not that good looking but if you stare at him long enough he starts to look handsome, he’s got every girl in school falling at his feet, he knows four languages—four, Lu Han! Nobody can learn that much in only seventeen years! And he just showed up out of the blue in the middle of the semester and we have no idea where he came from!”

Lu Han sighs. “First of all, how do you know he gets handsome when you stare at him? Sounds like you’ve got a crush.”

“I’ve been doing research,” Yixing squawks indignantly. “I just happened to notice!”

“Well anyway,” Lu Han continues, “Kris may not seem all that handsome to some people, he doesn’t have the conventional looks to be outright beautiful, but his personality makes him attractive. That’s why all the girls like him—he’s cool and funny.”

“Sounds like you have a crush,” Joonmyun remarks lightly.

Lu Han scoffs. “Oh please, I’m so out of his league. And it is possible to learn four languages, especially when he’s only semi-fluent in two of them. His Korean isn’t all that good, and neither is his Cantonese. And his English is only passable at best.”

“How do you know all that?” Joonmyun asks.

“I hear things,” Lu Han hisses. “Now will you kindly shut up?” He turns back to Yixing. “And he’s from Canada, Yixing. He moved from China to Canada, and now he lives in Korea.”

“A likely story,” Yixing growls. “Who in their right mind moves to Canada?! That’s the lamest story I’ve ever heard!”

“Canada is a nice place!” Lu Han insists.

“It’s where all the losers who couldn’t go to America go!” Yixing retorts.

Lu Han slaps his hand against his forehead. “Please don’t ever say that in public, you will offend everything that breathes.”

Yixing throws up his hands. “Have you noticed that he never eats?! And he rarely talks!”

“He’s shy,” Joonmyun says. “He’s in my homeroom you know, he’s really smart but he’s embarrassed because of his—”

“Fangs?” Yixing supplies.

“Accent,” Joonmyun says patiently. “His accent, Yixing. Kris doesn’t have fangs.”

“Have you checked?” Yixing demands.

“No, and we forbid you to ask him,” Lu Han says quickly.

Joonmyun sighs. “I don’t know why you bother. Remember when he thought the dukbokki cart lady was an alien?”

“She was!” Yixing hollers, making the pair of them jump. “Why doesn’t anyone believe me?!”

Lu Han narrows his eyes. “Now you stop this, Yixing. I don’t want to hear another word about it.” And then he picks up his bag and marches out.

“Then I just won’t let you hear me,” Yixing snipes at his back.

 

Yixing pulls out his old notebook, containing all the evidence he’s ever collected about mysterious people. He flips to the page about suspected vampires. So far he’s come up with the idea that they must be able to withstand the sunlight, and perhaps this is what they needed human blood for. Yixing grabs at his own neck and swallows. No way is this Kris guy getting his fangs anywhere near Yixing’s neck. No sir, that is not going to happen.

Yixing observes Kris as carefully as he can over the next few days. They have Korean language together, but they aren’t in the same homeroom so that’s really the only time they can see each other. The class meets before and after school, and no matter what time of day it is Kris always looks like he just walked out of a magazine. His uniform is never wrinkled, his hair is always mussed in such a way that it was clearly done on purpose, and he’s always pale.

How Yixing is the only one to know Kris is clearly a vampire is beyond him, doesn’t everyone know that their blood is at risk? He stews in this knowledge for two weeks after his confession to Lu Han, but seeing as he’s forbidden to talk about it with the only two people who might have believed him, he has no one to bounce ideas off of.

“Your face will freeze that way,” Lu Han remarks one day as they wait for Joonmyun to come back with their lunch. Yixing snorts and refuses to wipe the frown off his face.

“I don’t know how you got this way,” Lu Han sighs. “You’re a perfectly normal human being aside from this fascination with the supernatural, but if you keep it up you’re going to get deported. Or worse, expelled.”

“Your priorities never fail to astound me,” Yixing sniffs.

Joonmyun finally makes his glorious reappearance, and Yixing freezes when he sees that Kris is trailing along behind him. Almost every girl in the room swoons or giggles, and Joonmyun flashes Yixing an apologetic look.

“I hope you guys don’t mind,” he says sheepishly, “But I promised Kris I’d buy him lunch, so I thought he could join us.”

Lu Han smiles warmly and grabs an extra chair. “We don’t mind at all,” he says easily, and he kicks Yixing under the table. Yixing barely manages to hide a flinch.

Kris takes the seat and Lu Han immediately engages him in conversation. Yixing watches Kris carefully, but he sees no evidence of fangs. He looks away whenever he feels like Kris is about to look at him, but he’s obviously not careful enough because Lu Han keeps pinching him. When Kris leaves, Lu Han rounds on Yixing.

“You are so rude,” he hisses in Chinese. “Can’t you see he’s just a lonely kid who misses his home? You didn’t even say hi to him. I really can’t believe you, Yixing. When are you going to grow up?”

Yixing spends the rest of his day slumped down in his seat, fighting not to cry. He fingers the pages in his observation book dejectedly, occasionally looking up to stare at the back of Lu Han’s head, but Lu Han never turns around. Yixing writes in journal that night that he’d rather lose his blood than his best friend, if only Lu Han will forgive him.

Luckily Lu Han seems willing to forgive, of course it could be because Yixing waits for him outside his house the next morning and looks up at him with tearful puppy-eyes when he finally comes out.

“Aw hell,” Lu Han mumbles. “Will you stop crying already?”

Yixing shuffles closer and hugs Lu Han tightly. “Are you still my friend?” He asks shakily.

Lu Han sighs and hugs him back. “Of course I am.”

They walk to school with their arms around each other’s shoulders.

“Really though, why are so convinced about this vampire thing?” Lu Han asks.

“Because it’s true,” Yixing cries. “I told you, I’ve seen vampires before! Kris looks just like them!”

Lu Han sighs. “Alright, if I can prove that Kris isn’t a vampire, will you believe me?”

Yixing scoffs. “I’d like to see you try.”

“I will,” Lu Han promises. “But it means that Kris is going to be spending more time with us and I want you to be nice to him, you understand?”

Yixing hesitates and Lu Han pinches his side. “Ow! Fine, I promise!”

 

Lu Han invites Kris to have lunch with them every day, and Yixing forces himself to remain cordial and polite. He smiles, laughs, listens to what Kris says (when he talks, which is rare) and he never mentions fangs, blood or vampires around Kris. Well, for the first week anyway. All he’s managed to learn so far is that Kris is sticking to his story about Canada and likes to play basketball. So, Yixing decides to take matters into his own hands.

“What are you doing?!” Lu Han gasps when he sees Yixing reading Twilight during lunch.

Yixing smiles calmly. “I’m reading, Lu Han, what does it look like?”

“Don’t read that,” Kris laughs. “It’s utter crap.”

“I know,” Yixing says seriously. “Everyone knows vampires don’t sparkle, and they can freely walk out into the sunlight.”

Lu Han bangs his head against the desk and groans. “For the love of god, Yixing…”

Kris leans forward, eyeing Yixing in interest. “I always thought vampires only went out at night, where’d you read they could go out during the day?”

“Don’t encourage him!” Lu Han cries while Joonmyun giggles behind his hand.

Kris looks startled. “What? What’d I do?”

“Yixing is obsessed with vampires,” Lu Han growls, shooting Yixing a dark look. “And other supernatural beings.”

“That is so cool!” Kris says earnestly. “What else do you know about vampires?”

You’re one, Yixing thinks. He clears his throat. “Well, I’d imagine that drinking blood allows them to go out in the daytime, they definitely have fangs because there’s no other way they could puncture human skin, they can eat regular food but they don’t like to, and they probably don’t sleep as much as humans but they can. From comparing vampire lore from around the world, I mean there’s so many similarities between the myths! They were clearly afraid of something—blood drinkers, beings who could rise from the dead, creatures who could hypnotize people, how could they have such a strong fear of something that didn’t exist?”

Kris looks absolutely fascinated. “You must have thought about this a lot.”

“It’s all I think about,” Yixing says seriously. “Don’t you believe in vampires?”

Kris grins. “Well no, but you’re starting to make me think they could be real.”

“Oh please,” Lu Han sighs. “That logic is full of fallacies. Yixing needs to get his head out of the clouds. If vampires do exist, they’re those people with weird es, that’s all.”

Lu Han’s tone clearly means that they should drop the subject, but when Kris gets up to go back to his homeroom with Joonmyun, he pauses and gives Yixing a look.

“Seriously, talk to me about vampires sometime,” he says.

When he leaves, Yixing turns to Lu Han smugly. “Did you see that? Did you?”

Lu Han rolls his eyes. “So he’s crazy too, so what?”

Yixing gets Kris’ number off of Joonmyun and texts him during study hour on Friday, asking if he wants to meet up later. It turns out Kris gets out of study hour because he’s on the basketball team, and he tells Yixing that if he can sneak away they’ll have the whole gym to themselves. Yixing would rather not be alone with a suspected vampire though, so instead he suggests they go out to eat. Kris agrees, and Yixing immediately leaves the room. Just gets up and walks out—nobody is paying attention to him anyway.

They meet at the school entrance, Kris is out of his uniform and dressed in regular street clothes. His hair is slightly damp and Yixing has to pause because Kris looks more human than he has in the two months since he came to school.

It’s pretty cold out, so they run down the school driveway and turn down the street. They’re right next to a pretty decent shopping district, one with lots of street food carts.

“Let’s get dukbokki,” Kris says. “I could really go for something spicy.”

Yixing hums in agreement and reaches for his wallet, but Kris stops him. “I’ve got it,” he says easily, and he orders a bunch of food, even telling Yixing to pick out a drink. Yixing is touched by the gesture, but it doesn’t lessen his suspicion. He should have guessed that vampires would like spicy food.

They find a food court and go inside, getting a table on the second floor near the window. It’s not late but most young people are still in study sessions, and the college kids are at the clubs, so they are easily the youngest people in the place. They are largely ignored, which would be fine with Yixing if he wasn’t sitting with a vampire.

“So, when did you start getting obsessed with vampires?”

Yixing jerks out of his gaze and glares at Kris. “I am not obsessed,” he sniffs. “I am wary. If you lived in a woods you’d be wary of bears, and in the same way I am wary of vampires.”

“Alright, when did you become wary of them,” Kris amends, flashing Yixing a grin. Yixing quickly checks his teeth—no fangs.

“I guess I was about eight,” Yixing says vaguely. “I saw one in my room.” Then he glowers. “Lu Han thinks I was dreaming.”

Kris eyes him thoughtfully. “Were you?”

“No way,” Yixing insists. “There’s no way I could have dreamed something like that. She didn’t look scary but I was terrified, I just knew she wasn’t human.”

“So it was a female vampire you saw,” Kris clarifies. “That’s different.”

Yixing takes another bite of dukbokki. It’s just a little too spicy for him, but he doesn’t really mind.

“Have you ever heard of cryptozoology?” Kris asks. “It’s the study of purported legendary creatures. It’s not considered a science, but that doesn’t mean people don’t study it anyway. A lot of it is the study and comparison of myths, but some people actually go to where the creatures have been spotted and investigate the surroundings.”

Yixing actually forgets about his current investigation for a second. “How do you know all that?”

Kris smiles sheepishly. “I watched a lot of TV shows about it in Canada. That and ghost hunter shows.”

Yixing shivers. “Ugh, ghosts. They creep me out.”

“And yet you freely study vampires,” Kris notes.

Yixing chokes on his next bite of dukbokki. “What do you mean study?”

“Lu Han told me you suspect someone of being a vampire,” Kris explains. He looks pretty excited. “Wanna tell me who it is? I can help you check it out!”

Yixing makes a note to kill Lu Han at his earliest convenience. “Um, thanks but I’d rather do it alone,” he stammers. “You know, I don’t really have time to train you and keep an eye on you and all that.”

Kris actually looks disappointed. “Yeah, I guess it is pretty dangerous.”

“No kidding,” Yixing mumbles. That was too close for comfort.

They wind up meeting at the same dukbokki cart on Saturday and Sunday too, but Yixing is no closer to proving or disproving Kris to be a vampire. Kris does pay for the food each time though, so if he is a vampire then he’s a gentleman vampire. He also talks more than he has in the two weeks Yixing has known him, and Yixing finds himself thinking that of Kris wasn’t a vampire, he’d be a really cool guy.

 

On Monday, Yixing greets Lu Han by wrapping his arms around his throat.

“Urk! Yixing—can’t—breathe!”

“You told Kris I was investigating vampires!” Yixing hisses in his soon-to-be dead friend’s ear. “I ought to kill you for jeopardizing my investigation!”

Lu Han wriggles free and glares at Yixing. “Will you listen to yourself?” He cries. “You sound utterly mad!”

“Kris doesn’t seem to think so,” Yixing says smugly.

Lu Han scoffs. “So now you value your vampire’s opinion?”

Yixing realizes what he just said and to cover up his confusion he smacks Lu Han on the head. “I’m trying to save your pretty neck, stop looking down on me.”

“I don’t look down on you!” Lu Han protests. “I just think you’re crazy!”

“Fine line between genius and insanity.”

They both jump when they hear Joonmyun speak up from behind them.

“You are a creep,” Lu Han gasps, hands over his heart.

“You flatter me, but I’m here for Yixing,” Joonmyun says lightly. “Kris told me that it’s his job to lock up the boy’s locker room after basketball practice, if you want to spy on him I can tell you that the gym is usually deserted around that time.”

Yixing brightens up and starts to plan it out right way. “I can afford to skip study hour, I’m easily the brightest person in this class anyway…”

“God help us all if that’s true,” Lu Han sneers. “And Joonmyun, why are you encouraging him?”

Yixing doesn’t pay attention to Joonmyun’s response, already too absorbed in his own plans.

Just as he had done before, he walks right out of study hour that evening. His teacher doesn’t bother to call him back in. Maybe because he’s an exchange student and she thinks things don’t work this way where he’s from or maybe because he really is pretty smart, she never seems to worry about him the way she does the other students. Either way, Yixing is now free to make his way to the gym.

It takes him almost ten minutes to find the damn place, but it’s not his fault because the school looks different at night in the dark! When he finally finds it, he lurks in the hall outside the locker room, and after about twenty minutes he sees the team start to file out. The first ones to come out have clearly not showered, some seem to have just changed right into their uniforms. Yixing wrinkles his nose and thinks about how Kris would never be that careless. Then come the ones who have showered, but not as thoroughly as they should have. The last ones to come out take almost three times longer to emerge, and finally Yixing is sure that Kris is the only one left.

But another ten minutes pass and there is no sign of him. Yixing frowns and moves closer to the door. Is Kris so fast that Yixing missed him? Should he have been filming the door so he could slow it down later? Or is he just slow?

Finally Yixing can’t take the suspense anymore and he pushes the locker room door open.

“Hello?” He calls, his voice echoing loudly. He hears a thud and a gasp.

“Jesus Christ,” Kris swears in English. He pokes his head around the wall where the showers are. His hair is wet and dripping on his forehead. “Yixing, what are you doing here?”

Good question. “Um, I was waiting for you, I wanted to hang out with you,” Yixing says. It’s not a lie, but it’s not the truth either.

Kris comes out from behind the wall and Yixing gulps. He’s just wearing his jeans, and Yixing has to fight not to stare at his chest. That would be rude, that would be very rude.

“I’m flattered,” Kris is saying, and Yixing snaps to attention. “But how did you know I’d be here?”

“Joonmyun,” Yixing admits. “He said you’re usually alone down here.”

Kris had been smiling, but it suddenly turns into a smirk. “So you came down here anyway?”

“Um, yes,” Yixing stutters, feeling his face heat up. That smirk is doing things to him.

Kris takes a step closer. “That’s funny, because Lu Han told me that you don’t want to be alone with me.”

Yixing gulps and steps back again, but Kris follows him. “Lu Han lies,” he says. “All the time, he’s the biggest liar ever.”

“Oh really?” Kris says conversationally. “Because he also told me something else that I found interesting.”

“What’s that?” Yixing squeaks as his back hits the wall of lockers.

Kris stands in front of him, less than five inches away. He holds Yixing’s gaze, eyes never breaking contact. Kris keeps his hands to himself, but he leans over Yixing in such a way that Yixing feels like he’s being held. It’s not oppressive, but Yixing does find himself thinking that Kris is almost intimidatingly tall. He’s so distracted that he almost misses Kris’ next words.

“Lu Han says you think I’m a vampire.”

Well, Yixing isn’t so distracted that he’d miss that. His first reaction is anger, because Lu Han that little snitch! Yixing is really going to kill him this time. Then he’s afraid, because now his secret is out! Then he’s confused because Kris doesn’t seem angry at all.

“Yixing, is that true?” Kris asks, and he’s still smirking. “Do you think I’m a vampire?”

Yixing wants to laugh it off, pretend that he never thought that. But this is his only chance to get a straight answer!

“Would you tell me if you were?” Yixing finally asks, trying to play it off and be cool.

Kris’ smirk widens and he brings one hand up to Yixing’s shoulder, his thumb just brushing Yixing’s neck.

“You know what I think?” Kris muses, and Yixing struggles to listen because Kris’ thumb is tracing a vein on his neck and it feels pretty nice. “I think you want me to be a vampire because you’ve got a for them.”

Yixing can feel himself blushing from his head to his toes. “I do not!” He shrieks, but he doesn’t push Kris away. Why isn’t he pushing Kris away? Has he been hypnotized? “What are you playing at?” Yixing demands.

Kris laughs. “I’m not playing at anything!” He says. “I genuinely like you. I thought you liked me too since you were always staring at me, and then Lu Han told me what you thought and it all made sense.”

“What made sense?” Yixing cries, leaning back as far as he can to glare at Kris. “Start talking!”

“How you kept bringing up vampires, how you never wanted to be alone with me, how you were always touching your neck…” He sees Yixing’s eyes widen and he grins. “Oh, maybe you didn’t know that one.” Then he leans forward and brings his other arm up, leaning it against the wall.

“Of course you know,” he practically purrs, “That if I were a vampire, I couldn’t let you get away with my secret.”

Yixing feels his stomach dip, but not from fear. Oddly enough, he’s really not scared. He’s imagined this kind of scenario before, imagined driving a wooden stake up through the vampire’s ribs or else lighting a match to scare them away, but he doesn’t want to run this time. Instead he finds his hands gripping Kris’ hips, feeling his bare skin under his fingers. Kris is warm, but it could just be from the shower. Yixing finds that he wants to learn which it is.

“Is that a confession?” Yixing asks.

Kris doesn’t answer, instead he drops his gaze to Yixing’s neck, eyeing it hungrily. Yixing gulps and Kris smirks again.

“I suppose if I were a vampire,” he says slowly. “I’d bite you now. Mark you as mine so all the other vampires know to stay away from you.”

This is too surreal, Yixing thinks. He thought vampires bit to kill, not to mark. But he can’t deny, it’s a much more pleasing thought.

“You…” Yixing starts, but he can’t decide what it is he wants to say. “You…”

Kris leans closer, bumping their foreheads together. Yixing has to close his eyes, he can’t focus otherwise.

“Or I could just kiss you,” Kris adds calmly, and Yixing’s eyes fly open again. Kiss?

“What do you mean kiss?” Yixing asks. “Why would you want to do that?”

Kris laughs softly. “Yixing, you really need to pay attention. Didn’t I just say that I like you?”

“Why?” Yixing mumbles. “I’m a basket case, don’t you know.”

Now their noses are touching, and Yixing can feel Kris’ every breath on his lips. He closes his eyes again.

“I like that about you,” Kris says. “You’re different, interesting. Am I allowed to like that?”

“I…guess so,” Yixing manages.

Kris steps closer, now Yixing can feel heat radiation off Kris’ body…too warm to be a vampire. “Am I allowed to kiss you?” Kris asks.

Yixing doesn’t answer, just tips his head back and waits for it.

The first press of lips is slow, gentle. Probing how much they can get away with before someone pulls back and claims it a joke. When that doesn’t happen Kris presses harder, cupping Yixing’s jaw and tilting his head back even further. Yixing moans softly and Kris echoes the sound, taking his arm off the wall and instead wrapping it around Yixing’s waist, drawing him even closer. Yixing stands on his toes and Kris’ bottom lip, and when Kris’ lips part Yixing dart his tongue into Kris’ mouth.

Kris pulls back suddenly and grabs Yixing’s hand, bringing him over to one of the wooden benches in the locker room. He sits, pulling Yixing down with him. Yixing looks at him in confusion until Kris leans down, his mouth centimeters away from Yixing’s neck. He hesitates just long enough for Yixing to inhale sharply and then—

Yixing wasn’t expecting him to be so gentle. He waits for the sting of fangs piercing his skin, the sharp scrape of teeth, but it doesn’t come. Kris gently mouths at his neck, occasionally pausing to at a vein or softly, and Yixing’s hands find Kris’ back, nails digging into his skin as he tries to find purchase, anything to ground himself. Kris leans against him, Yixing doesn’t realize that he’s leaning back until he almost falls, but Kris catches him and eases him down on the bench. It’s not comfortable at all, and it’s so narrow that Yixing feels like he’s going to fall off, but Kris keeps kissing his neck and Yixing is so focused on yes good I like this don’t stop that he can’t seem to find it in him to care.

Kris kisses under Yixing’s jaw and when his teeth scrape against the bone Yixing moans again, louder this time. Kris pulls away and Yixing looks up. Kris hovers over him, flushed and panting. Yixing brings one hand to Kris’ face, brushing his thumb over Kris’ lips. They’re all red and Yixing feels a little proud to know that he did that. He’s also painfully aware of the fact that Kris is still half , but he’s not in a hurry to change that.

“Still want to bite me?” Yixing pants, a little out of breath himself.

Kris smirks, flashing his teeth this time. “Don’t tempt me,” he growls.

Yixing throws his head back, baring his neck. He even arches his back a little and he knows he looks so hot. “Go on, do it if you can,” he taunts.

His eyes are on the ceiling but Yixing can feel it when Kris dives for his neck. This time when Yixing anticipates teeth, he’s not disappointed. Kris bites at the column of his throat, then moves down, one hand coming to yank Yixing’s shirt aside. He sinks his teeth into the junction between Yixing’s neck and shoulder, and Yixing whines and arches against Kris, pressing into him. It’s a long time before Kris pulls away, and when he does Yixing knows he’s sporting a hickey that won’t be easy to cover up.

Kris brushes his thumb over the mark and grins. “That should be a pretty good mark,” he says huskily. Yixing grabs Kris’ shoulders and pulls him back down for another kiss. This time when Yixing slips his tongue into Kris’ mouth, he’s determined to find fangs.

 

Yixing walks into school on Monday with his uniform shirt buttoned up to the very top in hopes of disguising the vampire bite on his neck. Joonmyun and Lu Han eye him knowingly when he sits down at his desk.

“How’s the vampire investigation going?” Joonmyun asks while Lu Han coughs to hide a laugh.

“Don’t you have your own homeroom to go to?” Yixing asks Joonmyun loftily.

“Any news?” Lu Han presses.

“Still deciding,” Yixing tells them. He can feel someone walking up behind them and grins when he feels Kris’ hand on the back of his neck.

“How long do you think it’ll take you to decide?” Kris asks, pitching his voice low. Yixing’s stomach swoops and he clears his throat.

“Probably a very long time,” Yixing says evenly. “You can’t rush science after all.” He tilts his head back and grins up at Kris.

“God I hope not,” Kris remarks as he cards his fingers through Yixing’s hair, making it stand on end. He grins at Yixing fondly.

Off to the side Lu Han proceeds to gag. “Keep your relationship to yourselves,” he mumbles in Chinese.

“I make no promises,” Yixing says cheerfully, and he laughs when Lu Han gives him a horrified look. This will be too much fun.

 

 

 

/hides from the fanxing shippers/ THIS IS NOT THE REALITY I WANTED

THIS IS YOUR SECOND WARNING. DO NOT COMMENT ASKING ME FOR  A SEQUEL. IF YOU EVEN MENTION THE WORDS SEQUEL, FOLLOW UP, CONTINUATION ETCETERA, I WILL DELETE YOUR COMMENT AND YOU WILL BE IGNORED.

If I ever decide to continue or write more for this AU believe me, y’all will be the first ones to know. Until then enjoy what you have and be thankful for it. I say all this because the comments for my latest HunHan AU ended up being 90% AUTHOR-NIM WRITE MORE! And nothing else in the comment. Just Write More. It annoyed the crap out of me. Like, okay but I just spent all day writing this and that’s all you can say to me? That’s so rude. I worked on this story for five hours. If all I get is “WRITE MORE” I will be pissed off.

On another note, I gladly accept all other comments!! I swear I’m not usually so pissy, I’m just having a rough time with reviews lately.

I love you all for reading though <3

Also I find Canada to be a very nice place and I might just move there someday!