One.

I Won't Give Up

 

 
 
She sat there, on the couch in front of the TV. Feeling exhausted with her life, her work, and her marriage. Her wife just asked her about the divorce again. Yeah, her wife wanted to divorce. But she didn't want it. She didn't think she could sign the paper. She loved her wife, no doubt. 
 
 
 
"Yuri.."
 
 
"yes?"
 
 
"i need to talk.."
 
 
"why so serious, baby?" 
 
 
"......"
 
 
"Tiff?" 
 
 
"let's divorce.." 
 
 
 
 
She put the paper on the table, then proceeded to her room. She walked closer to her sleeping wife, and smiled sadly. She removed the hair that covering her wife's face carefully, not wanting to wake the latter. 
 
She caressed the beautiful face gently, and a lone tear escaped from her eye.
 
 
 
 
"i love you, Tiffany. You know that, right? Can't we stay together, forever?" 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
The next morning was filled with silence, no exchanged words between the marriage couple. It was different now, no morning kiss, no laughter. 
 
 
 
"have you signed the paper?" 
 
 
"......"
 
 
"Yuri?" 
 
 
"i need to go now. I've cooked you breakfast, don't forget to eat that.." 
 
 
 
With that, Yuri grabbed her bag and left their place. She always did that. Ignoring Tiffany whenever she talked about it. 
 
Tiffany sighed, staring at the foods which was made for her. And suddenly recalled back the reason why she wanted to divorce with her wife. It wasn't Yuri's fault. But she made it like it was all Yuri's fault. And Yuri wasn't aware of that. Yuri also thought that it was all her fault, she caused this, and she blamed herself for this. 
 
 
 
 
"why does it feel so hard?" Tiffany questioned herself
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Yuri stopped her car, few meters away from her place. She saw her wife got out from a car with another girl. The girl kissed her wife's cheek when they reached the gate. 
 
Yuri tighten her grip on the steer as she fought back her tears that threatened to fall. Did her wife move on easily? Even before they really got divorced? Sadly, Yuri would never get the answer. 
 
 
 
Yuri decided to park her car properly, in the parking lot. Then entered her place silently few hours later. She walked to her room and found her wife slept peacefully on the bed. 
 
She walked back to the living room and found the paper on the table with a pen on top of it.
 
Yuri sighed, and brought the paper to the dining room along with the pen. She took a bottle of vodka from refrigerator, then took a seat in the dining table, finishing all of it in a minute. 
 
 
She stared at the paper for awhile, and she could see her wife already signed it. She took a very deep breath and began to use the pen with her trembling hand. Tears fell uncontrollably from her eyes, and she didn't bother to wipe it. She never wanted to divorce. She didn't want to be apart from her wife. She loved her wife with all her heart. 
 
 
"i can't do this......i can't.."
 
 
 
Yuri gave up, she would never able to do this. She dropped the pen, and clutched the paper tightly. She cried heavily with her head rested on the paper, without noticing that the paper was soaked by her tears.
 
 
 
"i can't do this, Tiffany. I'm sorry.."
 
 
 
"i won't give up on us.." 
 
 
 
Yuri kept mumbling the same words. And she didn't know that her wife was in the doorway of their room, watching the other girl sobbing hardly. 
 
The strong and cheerful Kwon Yuri crying heavily like that because of her. She never knew this side of Yuri. And this sight actually broke her too. She closed the door silently, then slid down to the floor. Hugging her knees, and began to cry silently. 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
The next day, both Tiffany and Yuri got swollen eyes. Tiffany ended up sleeping on the floor, and Yuri ended up sleeping in the dining room. Both of them got their backs ache. 
 
 
 
"i nudged a glass of water which happened to be soaking this paper. I'm sorry.." that was totally a lie, and Tiffany knew it
 
 
Tiffany sighed, "what will you do then?" 
 
 
"i'll take care of it, i'll get the new one, don't worry.." 
 
 
"no, let's fix it together.." 
 
 
"huh?"
 
 
"i'll call Jessica to help us with this.." it wasn't a question, it was a command, and Yuri could only nod in response
 
 
 
Jessica was Tiffany's bestfriend, she was a lawyer. And Tiffany requested her to take care of it. Jessica as a real bestfriend was trying her best to help Tiffany out from this situation, which was getting complicated. 
 
 
Then, both Tiffany and Yuri went to Jessica's office instead of work. The journey to reach the place was extremely awkward between the two. 
 
 
 
"Tiff.." Yuri braved herself to break the silence, eyes focused on the road
 
 
"hmm?" Tiffany turned her head to Yuri
 
 
"do we really have to get this way?"
 
 
"......" Tiffany raised her eyebrow
 
 
"do we really have to end it? I mean, our marriage.." Yuri said carefully
 
 
"it won't work if we keep continue, you're getting busier each day, and i can't stand it anymore.." 
 
 
"if i'm not busy, if i have much time for you, will you stop asking me to divorce you?" 
 
 
"......"
 
 
"......"
 
 
"we're in the midway, Yuri. We can't stop.." 
 
 
"you don't love me anymore?" 
 
 
"Yuri.." 
 
 
Yuri nodded slowly, "i understand.." 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
"this is the new one, just sign it now.." Jessica said after she tried to fix Tiffany's problem with the divorce-paper
 
 
"now?" Tiffany asked, making sure
 
 
"yes, now.." 
 
 
"okay.." Tiffany nodded and signed the paper without much difficulty
 
 
 
"your turn, Yuri.." Jessica said, when Tiffany done
 
 
"uhm, i need to go to the toilet, sorry.." Yuri said nervously then excused herself
 
 
 
Jessica sighed, "look.."
 
 
"what?" Tiffany asked confusedly
 
 
"she doesn't want to divorce.." 
 
 
"how do you know?" 
 
 
"i'm a lawyer, Hwang Miyoung. I can read people easily, and i can tell that Yuri is hesitant to do this.." 
 
 
"why so sure?" 
 
 
"behind that poker face of hers, you can see sadness through her eyes.." 
 
 
"what can i do? She's getting busier each day.."
 
 
"that's not the real reason, i know you very well, Miyoung. You have someone else, right?" 
 
 
"that's not true!!" Tiffany raised her voice in deny
 
 
"well, you can't lie to me. Besides, Yuri is getting busier because......."
 
 
"because?" before, Jessica could answer Tiffany, Yuri came back
 
 
 
Then again, Yuri got her hand trembling when she got her turn to sign the paper. She wasn't ready for this, she would never be ready anyway. If it was over, if they already signed the paper. It means, the time for Tiffany to move out is nearly come. And she didn't want Tiffany to leave.
 
She took a very deep breath, then signed the paper hesitantly. Sweat on her forehead, blood visible in her bottom lip because she bit it too hard.
 
 
 
 
"okay, i'll do the rest. I'll call you when it's done.." Jessica said
 
 
"thank you so much, Jessi. I owe you a lot.." Tiffany smiled, while Yuri just kept silent
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Tears fell silently from Yuri's eyes. She's been holding it for few hours, and she couldn't hold it anymore. She tried so hard not to make any sound, so that Tiffany wouldn't notice. 
 
However, Tiffany couldn't stand the silence anymore. She turned her head to Yuri, and was about to say something when she found Yuri cried silently. She was confused, because she didn't hear sobbing sound from the other girl. It broke Tiffany too, knowing that Yuri was actually suffering.
 
 
 
Yuri wiped her tears away, when they reached their place. As always, Yuri opened the car door for Tiffany, and also opened their apartment door to let Tiffany in, before her. 
 
 
 
"i'm moving out this weekend.." Tiffany said before she entered their room
 
 
"that fast?" Yuri asked almost immadiate
 
 
"yes, we already signed the paper anyway.." 
 
 
"but, i don't know that you'll move out this soon.." Yuri said, sadness visible in her eyes
 
 
"to be honest, i was planning to move out tomorrow.." 
 
 
Yuri opened , about to say something but there's no words escaped. She closed , then nodded. 
 
 
 
"Tiff.." Yuri called, when Tiffany was about to continue her step
 
 
"yes?" 
 
 
 
Without saying anything, Yuri rushed towards Tiffany. Hugging her tight with tears uncontrollably rolled down her cheeks, for the second time of that day. 
 
Tiffany was surprised, very surprised with the sudden hug. But, her heart soften as she returned the hug. She also cried, feeling so heart-broken with the bitter reality. 
 
 
 
"let me stay like this for awhile.." Yuri said between the hug
 
 
 
They stayed like that for awhile, till they could calm themselves and gathered their thought back. 
 
Yuri cupped Tiffany's face, staring deeply into the other girl's eyes, and Tiffany hates Jessica for being right, sadness visible in Yuri's eyes. 
 
 
 
"can i kiss you?" Yuri asked, caressing Tiffany's face gently
 
 
 
Silence. 
 
 
 
"It's okay if i can't.." Yuri pulled her hands from Tiffany's face, then walked to the kitchen awkwardly
 
 
"Yuri.."
 
 
"you should rest now, it's getting late.." Yuri said, not wanting to look at her wife
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Few days passed. And Tiffany was ready to move to anther place. Sooyoung, a girl that she introduced to Yuri as a friend, came to help her. But, Yuri knew very well, that Sooyoung wasn't just a friend. 
 
 
 
"you really want to go now?" Yuri asked, holding back her tears
 
 
"yes.." 
 
 
"take care of yourself.." Yuri bit her bottom lip
 
 
"you too.." Tiffany smiled a little
 
 
 
With a heavy heart, Tiffany walked out from Yuri's apartment. She couldn't believe she really did that, leaving Yuri. 
 
Meanwhile, Yuri just stood still for some minutes. But then, she stormed out of her apartment to the parking lot. She grabbed Tiffany's hand, and turned the latter around to trap the girl with a very tight hug. 
 
 
 
"i love you, Tiffany. I love you, i love you, i love you.." Yuri said continously between the hug
 
 
 
Tiffany couldn't help it anymore, she burst into tears and hugged Yuri tightly. She wanted to stay, but a voice interrupted their moment. Making them broke the hug slowly. 
 
 
 
"let's go, Fany-ah.." Sooyoung said irritatedly
 
 
 
"i love you so much, Tiff. Remember that.." Yuri cupped Tiffany's face, and the latter nodded in response
 
 
"i'm sorry i can't be the best for you, and thank you for giving me a chance to be with you.." Yuri added
 
 
 
Tiffany heard Sooyoung called her again, so she began to turn around and walked away slowly. But, something prevented her to go. She stopped in the midway, then ran back to Yuri. She pounced onto the other girl, then kissed the latter hard.
 
Time seemed to stop. They missed each other lips, but what could they do? It was time for Tiffany to go. She was the one who initiated the divorce. 
 
 
"goodbye.." Tiffany said, but Yuri didn't want to hear it
 
 
 
Yuri always hates goodbye. And she hates it more, because their relationship should end with a goodbye. She watched Tiffany's car slowly disappear, and she tried to chase the car. She, herself, didn't know why she did that. She just didn't want to be apart from Tiffany. She loved that girl so much.
 
Tired from running, Yuri stopped and broke down onto her knees. The car was nowhere in sight, it was nowhere to be found. And Yuri hated the fact of it.
 
 
But life was never be easy. Yuri knew that. Bad things happened in her life often. The point is, could she make her life better? What would she do? Getting Tiffany back or letting her go for real?
 
 
 
 
"i love you so much, Tiffany. Why should we through this way?"