Two First Kiss, The Alien Way

Two First Kiss, The Alien Way

 

 

 

“Hul!” Park Bom stormed out of her group’s unit inside their company’s building, a pout evident on her lips. “They never believe me!”

 

 

She straightened out the magazine in her hand, staring hard at it, “Horoscopes are so true! Why don’t they believe me?”

 

 

The frown on her face deepened as she remembered how the girls just laughed at her when she told them her horoscope for the day, “A kiss from someone unexpected and somewhere unexpected.”

 

 

“What’s wrong with that?” She threw her arms upward as she continued her angry tramp away from their mocking laughter.

 

 

“Bommie-ah!” Dara called out, laughing hysterically, bumping against the wall doing so. “We were just joking. Come back now, okay?” she said, obviously trying to pacify the anger of the older Park.

 

 

Bom glanced at her favorite Park Sister, pursing her lips and trying hard not to be easily persuaded. They leaned against the sides of the hall. “It will happen, just you wait. And just so you know,this horoscope told me last week that I’d get something I’ve always wanted and then that afternoon… President suddenly gave me corn!”

 

 

Dara made a sudden gurgle as she tried hard to discontinue her laughter. She faked a cough as she stared at Bom’s fuming face.

 

 

“You don’t believe me, huh.” Bom said through her pouted lips.

 

 

Dara’s eyes softened as she patted the girls head. “It’s not that…”

 

 

“I will make it happen!” Bom pushed herself off the wall as she her heels, arms akimbo. “I will go and look for it!” Determination radiated through her voice.

 

 

Dara stared at her unsurely before nodding, smiling knowingly at her friend as she pulled her in a tight hug, “Alright. Tell me first about it, then?”

 

 

Bom’s anger ebbed away almost immediately. She smiled childishly as she nodded, hugging back tighter, “Alright, since you’re my favorite Park Sister!”

 

 

--

 

 

“Hul…” Bom sighed for the umpteenth time that afternoon as she arrived back at the YG building after an eventless day.

 

 

Not a thing happened. That fact ran through her mind over and over, and whenever she acknowledged it, it felt like tons fall down on her. “Aishht.” She threw her horoscope magazine across the floor, catching the attention of the people in the lounge.

 

 

After glaring at it long enough, she decided to pick it up again. She sighed as she stared at the lifeless words she had so hastily believed this morning. “A kiss from someone unexpected and somewhere unexpected.”

 

 

She frowned at it, “You…you liar!” she continued digging holes through it with her eyes until she realized it was useless of an act to do. Sighing, yet again, she continued to walk inside the building towards the stairs, “Fine. I’ll just… I’ll just accept the girls laughing at me-”

 

 

“Um, excuse me,” One of the janitors who came out from the door towards the stairs called out, “The elevator’s fixed now, just this morning. You can use it now, Madame.”

 

 

Bom stared dully at the janitor as she nodded and hazily walked away, “Oh is it? It’s working now, huh. The elevator’s fixed now, huh. Well, that’s good for the elevator…” She blabbered senselessly, sighing every now and then until she reached the elevator.

 

 

“Stupid day, stupid magazine, stupid horoscope-” She picked at the elevator door, kicking it repeatedly when it suddenly opened, revealing a straight-faced TOP of BIGBANG. She almost lost balanced on her place as she stuttered while calling the lad, “Tabi!”

 

 

“ ‘sup, noona? Nice day?”

 

 

Bom’s smile was washed off her face almost immediately as she just remembered her day. “No.” She entered the elevator and pressed her floor, crossly.

 

 

TOP glanced outside then back at her and her sulking aura. “Mn. What’s wrong?”

 

 

Bom stared up at him miserably as she showed him her already worn out magazine, the elevator doors closing. “This. This is what’s wrong.”

 

 

TOP hesitantly took it, glancing at the door again and then eyeing her carefully before turning his full attention on the paper he was holding. His brows furrowed as he looked up at her expectant stare after reading. He scoffed, his voice deep as usual, “You actually believe this stuff, Noona?”

 

 

“What? What’s so wrong about-”

 

 

The elevator suddenly made a disturbing clank, vibrating before one full tremble, bringing it to a full stop.

 

 

Bom’s breath hitched and words got stuck on . She felt her lips run dry almost immediately. To make matters worse, the lights went out.

 

 

“Woah, what the hell just happened.” Bom jumped on her heels, realizing TOP was there with her inside the elevator. Fear had crept unto her that she’d forgotten she had company.

 

 

“Tta…Ta-Ta…Tta…” she croaked through her quivering lips.

 

 

“Are you okay, noona? Come over here.”

 

 

Bom suddenly felt her senses on alert. She gulped as she took a step back, away from the voice, “Um, I’m f-fine. H-he-here.”

 

 

Silence enveloped them and Bom felt fear creep back to her that she had the impulse to try and call out his name again when he suddenly spoke,

 

 

“I won’t do that t you, Noona.”

 

 

“W-what?”

 

 

“The kiss. Is that what you’re worried about? Don’t worry. Kisses are supposed to be done with someone you like, right?”

 

 

“I… I…” Bom couldn’t explain why she suddenly felt heavy when she heard those words. Biting her lip, she nodded through the dark, “I g-guess.”

 

 

“Come over here, then. Hold out your hand.”

 

 

Bom nodded again as she slowly held out her shaking hands. His arm slightly touched hers, his other hand pulling her to his side. They slowly slipped down and sat on the ground.

 

 

“Your hands are cold, noona. Are you scared?”

 

 

Bom quickly pulled out her arms from him, “N-no. Of course not.”

 

 

“Well, you should be. You know that scenes in horror movies wherein they capture something in cameras inside the elevators-”

 

 

Bom quickly retreated back to his side, grabbing his arm as she cut him off, “S-Shut up, Tabi, you alien! It’s not funny!” she slapped his arm when he started chuckling.

 

 

Silence enveloped them as Bom calmed her thumping heart. Biting her lip, she slowly leaned her head against his shoulder, feeling a little tired. She had a tiring day after all, trying to make her horoscope prediction happen. It was a futile attempt.

 

 

After a while, TOP suddenly shifted but careful not to disrupt their position. It did, however, bring her back to thinking about the current situation.

 

 

He fished out something from his pocket. Suddenly something glowed before them. He handed his phone to Bom, “Here.”

 

 

“Mm.” Bom hummed in reply as she took it in her hands, her arm still linked against his. A gasp escaped her lips as she caught a glimpse of the screen of his phone. The wallpaper was strange. It was a red and white striped beetle on top of a rock, taken during the nighttime as can be identified by the illumination from the sides. A squeak escaped her lips, “What…a weird picture.”

 

 

TOP scoffed at the sides, shifting a little. Her head had long left his shoulder. “Is it? It’s a night beetle.”

 

 

“Uh-huh. It’s just… so weird.” She squinted her eyes at it, feeling a slight tug deep inside her. It made her frown, that familiar feeling, that she decided to ignore it. “You’re so weird. An alien. Why do you take these kind of pictures…” she said, with a shake of her head, removing her eyes from it.

 

 

“I would be an alien if Iwas the one who took it.”

 

 

“You didn’t?” Bom quickly turned back to look at him. It was still so dark that she could only catch a glimpse of his lips and glimmering eyes, all thanks to the light of his phone. He looked away from her that made her more curious, “It’s a girl, huh?”

 

 

“I wonder.”

 

 

“That’s… such a weird alien-certified answer, ya know?” She shook her head again, “Do you like her then?”

 

 

When he turned to look at her, she felt something weird overwhelm her. There was something about his stare that made her heart skip. Just then, the phone lights went off. And just like that, that weird fleeting moment that felt like minutes long to her, was gone as well. But her thumping heart told her it really did happen.

 

 

“You have to keep pressing a key so it won’t turn off, Noona.”

 

 

“Mm.” She nodded absentmindedly, humming her reply.

 

 

He didn’t answer her. She didn’t have the courage to repeat as well. It was a mystery to her why, though. She really felt weird. It felt like she asked something embarrassing. Or maybe that tugging feeling bothered her. Or maybe the fact that a topic of some girl that had made that look on his face had her curious. Curious. Was that the word?

 

 

She sighed as she unconsciously leaned her head on his shoulder again. Bothered. She was bothered and she had to figure out why. Or just to get the feeling away. “Tabi,”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Tabi!”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Who did you have your first kiss with?”

 

 

He was silent for a while that she thought of asking again. “My second girlfriend.” He finally answered.

 

 

“Mm? Second? Why not with your first?”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“You didn’t like her?”

 

 

“Not really.”

 

 

“What do you mean by ‘not really’? ‘Not really’ that you didn’t like her or you did ‘not really’ like her? Or is it that she didn’t really…” She trailed off when she saw something flash before his eyes, confirming her last deduction.

 

 

He heaved his shoulder, pushing her head off. “Huh, what are you being so nosy about. You’re really an alien.”

 

 

“Am not!”

 

 

“Who did you have your first kiss then?”

 

 

That had gotten Bom flustered enough to swallow back her retort. Words got stuck on as she gulped loudly, looking up at him.

 

 

He blinked his eyes at her, surprised.“You…didn’t? Didn't you have a… But- So that was...”

 

 

Bom pursed her lips as she quickly looked away, leaning back on the wall, oblivious to his exaggerated suprised reaction, “Well…” She raised her hand and lightly touch the top of her head, “Here. It was always here. He… it turns out, he treated me like a sister in the end.”

 

 

There was silence. TOP shifted and leaned back as well, scoffing again.

 

 

Bom tried to fake a smile, glancing at him. She thought she heard something like ‘So that was the reason’ but decided it was just her imagination. “Funny, right?”

 

 

“Yeah. But what’s funnier is us talking like this.”

 

 

Bom let out a laugh and she started giggling, even though she tried hard to calm her heart every time their arms would touch, “It is. It is funnier, huh? Hul!”

 

 

He chuckled and shook his head. Their laughter lapsed down into comfortable silence.

 

 

“So you have a first girlfriend who didn’t like you back, your second girlfriend who you…who had your first kiss,” She said in a bare whisper, fighting that heavy feeling inside of her. “And then there’s this girl who took the picture. What happened between the second and the third?”

 

 

“Why are you being nosy anyway?”

 

 

“Just answer it!”

 

 

“I was young then. We broke up eventually.”

 

 

“That’s the second. The third then?” There it was again. The silence he gave off made her feel embarrassed whenever she asked. She was getting irritated by the weird feeling.

 

 

“She wasn’t my girlfriend.”

 

 

“…why?” It was growing. Somehow, the topic made her heart beat fast. If it was because she was nervous or scared, she didn’t know. No matter, it was an overwhelming feeling.

 

 

“Just… because. Things just happen like that.”

 

 

“But you seem to like her very much-” Bom commented and as she looked up at him, she almost lost hold of his phone. And there it was again. His melting stare got her words stuck on . Her fingers pressed tightly on the keys of his phone.

 

 

But this time, he looked away. Bom felt like air was taken out of her lungs as she was jolted forward when he looked away. She her lips and brought a hand to ruffle her bangs, gulping anxiously.

 

 

“Enough about me. What do you plan about your ‘first kiss’? That’s why you were so hung up with your horoscope, huh?”

 

 

Bom pursed her lips, pouting, “Don’t act so cool about piecing it all together, Tabi.”

 

 

His scoff echoed through the darkness, “I wasn’t.”

 

 

Bom slightly jumped on her seat, his voice sounded a little bit closer. “What, are you so concerned about my first kiss?”

 

 

“Maybe I am. Maybe I was already concerned with it.”

 

 

“Huh?” Bom turned her head to look at him, holding up the phone in that process. Her eyes widened. His face was so close to her, his eyes also slightly twitched, surprised from the light from the phone. They both froze on their spot.

 

 

TOP was the one who moved first again, clearing his throat, “Sorry, Noona.”

 

 

But before he could turn his head away, Bom had leaned forward and touched her lips to him. Her hands grasping the front of his dress shirt, pulling him closer as he kissed back.

 

 

TOP had his hand creeping to her neck, prolonging the kiss when the lights went on and the elevator started working again.

 

 

Bom slowly opened her eyes when TOP pulled away, her face flushed. He was staring at her, as if expecting. His eyes had trapped her in place and she felt the loud thumping of her heart. When the elevator clanked, she quickly got up, stuttering as she slightly dusted her skirt.

 

 

TOP got up as well, unhurriedly though, as he went and re-entered her level number.

 

 

“T-Thanks,” Bom murmured as she tried hard to fan her face, knowing how red it was already. “F-For pressing the number, I mean.” She quickly added making TOP scoff yet again.

 

 

 

“No prob, Noona.”

 

 

The elevator chimed as it has reached her floor and she sauntered out of it fast, barely catching TOP’s “Goodnight, Noona. Sweetdreams.”

 

 

Her eyes widened and she quickly turned to look but the doors were already closing. She bit her lip as she sighed, “G’night, Tabi.” she said to the lifeless closed door in front of her.

 

 

After just a few steps, she stopped on her tracks, “Earlier… wasn’t he suppose to go out? I mean…I was in the ground floor and he obviously was coming from the upper level…” She shook her head. “Did he…?”

 

 

"What's wrong with me!"

 

 

“A kiss from someone unexpected and somewhere unexpected.”

 

 

Bom quickly went straight to her room without eating and just barely saying “I’m home” to the girls. Her mind was too occupied to think of them-- or anything else, for that matter--at the moment.

 

 

She lay with her arms spread on her bed, reaching her fingers to slightly touch her lips. Why did she do it? She didn’t know. All she knew was that she wanted to do it at the moment. Then why did he do it? Why did he even stay in the elevator with her? He was obviously supposed to go out. What was in his mind then?

 

 

“Maybe I am. Maybe I was already concerned with it.”

 

 

What was that with that statement? Why did it sound like it meant something? Something else.

 

 

Shaking her head, she clicked her tongue. Never mind his reasoning then. Was it wrong, she then questioned. “But Tabi kissed back…” Then her mind travelled of to the third girl they talked about and how she felt really weird whenever she asked about it.

 

 

Was it weird because she didn’t want him to like that other girl? Or was it weird because she had this nagging feeling like she was… and she fell asleep.

 

 

“Tabi, I can walk, okay?” She wobbled on her heels left and right as TOP reached out a hand to steady her again.

 

 

“Noona, you’re too drunk.”

 

 

“I’m not!”

 

 

“Noona, stop being an alien.”

 

 

“You are the alien, Tabi! Guys are aliens! I hate ‘em all! Just keep on hurting me, huh?”

 

 

TOP was silent behind her and she felt her eyes well up again. Tears streaming down her face, she glanced down and saw something strange. She sniffed as she crouched down, “T-Tabi, look. Look at it. Red and white striped insect. S-So weird.”

 

 

TOP slowly crouched down beside her. “It’s a night beetle. It’s… nice.”

 

 

“I know right? It’s so weird but it’s so beautiful!” Bom started giggling, still feeling hazy from the alcohol. “Quick, gimme your phone!”

 

 

“Just like you, Noona.” He said after they took a picture of it.

 

 

“Huh?” Bom turned to him, his eyes were staring at her longingly.

 

 

“You would be hurt by no one again. So don’t cry like this anymore.” He wiped the tears off her face.

 

 

But despite his words, Bom felt like crying more. His words made her heart beat fast. His warm hands made her cheeks heat up. She sniffed and before she knew it, she was already standing on the tip of her toes and she touched her lips to his.

 

…like she was that girl. That's why it felt weird to ask him about it. It was his stare. His stare made her feel like she was asking him about herself! His silence told her the same thing.

 

 

“EH?” Bom woke up from that dream, memory of that one night came flooding back to her. It was after a break up. She saw him drinking and joined along, exceeding her drinking limits that night. She woke up the next morning at her bed all safe and sound. She didn’t even wonder how she was able to come back then. It was an event she had long forgotten.

 

 

She quickly shot up from her bed and put on her robe, dashing out of her room as she grabbed her phone, “Why do I have to forget that memory!”

 

 

Coming to a full stop in front of the elevator, she fished out her phone and dialed, “Hello, Mister Elevator Operator Sir?”

 

 

--

 

 

TOP was surprised when the elevator stopped at 2NE1’s floor and was even more surprised when the door opened, revealing just a robed Bom, still in her night gown beneath, jumping agitatedly and alternately on her heels.

 

 

“Yo, Noona.”

 

 

Bom’s eyes widened as his voice caught her attention, quickly zooming inside the elevator. She quickly fished out her phone again and started texting.

 

 

“Where you waiting for me?”

 

 

Bom forced a laugh, “As if, Alien.”

 

 

“So you were…”

 

 

“I said I wasn’t!”

 

 

“Why are you here then?”

 

 

She looked away when he raised his eyebrows at her knowingly, “Um. My horoscope say’s I’ll be lucky today…?”

 

 

“So you decided to go to the elevator?”

 

 

A smile started playing on Bom’s lips as she stuck out her tongue at him, “Hul! –Ah!” The elevator stopped again and the lights went out. “Oh, it happened again.” She said deadpan.

 

 

“So you planned this too, huh.” TOP wondered out loud.

 

 

“I did not, you stupid Alien! Where are you?”

 

 

“What, you’ll kiss me? I’m here-” His words were drowned out by her lips. He kissed back softly and gently, lifting her face closer to him. A giggle escaped her lips.

 

 

“You, stupid Alien.”

 

 

“Woah. You sure are Alien fast, Noona.” TOP said when their lips separated.

 

 

“Am I? I am, huh? Hul, I was the alien! I took the picture! You-”

 

 

“Mn. So you admit that you’re an alien now, huh.”

 

 

“Stop changing the topic! When were you planning to tell me? You lying Alien!”

 

 

“You forgot it yourself, dense Alien.”

 

 

“But you like me very much like that!”

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“I like that third girl –the one that’s like an alien -- very much.”

 

 

Bom blushed through the darkness, her hands gripping his dress shirt. “Like how you are an Alien?”

 

 

“Yeah.” He answered back. She felt his breath as his lips found hers again.

 

 

“I think I like aliens too after all.”

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“Some.”

 

 

“Which ones?”

 

 

“Those that have a deep voice!”

 

 

TOP chuckled as he pulled her closer again.

 

 

Bom murmured through the kiss, “Mm. You stole my first kiss.”

 

 

You let me steal it. Twice.

 

 

“Mm…But, two first kiss? How is that possible?”

 

 

“Well, first you did it unconsciously and the second one, you did it consciously. Just goes to say that you want me consciously and unconsciously, Noona.” He scoffed as his arms s around her waist. “You like me that much, huh?”

 

 

Bom pursed her lips, pouting, “Don’t act so cool about piecing it all together, Tabi.”

 

 

Just then, the lights went on again and the elevator started working.

 

 

TOP smirked and gave her pouting lips one last kiss before he let go, “Uh-oh, Mister Elevator Operator Sir says our times up already,” he grabbed Bom’s hand and tucked it under his as he headed out. “Let’s go,”

 

 

Bom was so dazed for a moment before she finally was brought back to her senses as he dragged her away, “Wait, you alien, how’d you know- Wait, where are we going- Huh, why are you-”

 

 

“TABI, I’M STILL WEARING MY NIGHT GOWN!”

 

 

TOP’s deep laughter echoed through the lounge.

 

 

"HUL!"

 

 

Just like that. We were just like two weird aliens, bickering while walking hand in hand. Weird, right? Well, what can I say. Can i just say, 'it's the Alien Way'?

 

 

---

AN: my first TabiBommie fic! keke Hope it was okay~ planning for more in the future...?