Proxior

Amare

 

Sunday, 17 November 1992

          Kris smiled fondly with the sight before him. Kevin was playing with Licht. Kevin has many toys that maybe could supply children needed in little country in his playing room. Thanks to his father and father in law, they beat each other in spoiled department. He scoffed slightly, he would make his parents and in laws if Kevin grew up as spoiled brat. He really needed strict rules for them and don’t forget about Park’s family, those two even made Kris shocked with many stuffs they threw to Kevin. His father seemed amuse when he back to Korea for business reason and the Park forced him to bring 2 or 3 luggage full of toys and books for Kevin. Kevin also got audio CD where Tiffany read fairy tale and recorded for him, they wrote many letters for Kevin and Kris would read them for Kevin. It was pity they couldn’t meet their godson because Kris’ schedule and Chanyeol’s schedule was quite mess, they would make international call twice or thrice a month. International call was expensive that’s why Kris made it clear that they wouldn’t call recklessly and spent hours to talk, sent message it was okay but also limited.

          “Kris” Kris turned around to see Kain came closer and hold can of coke to him. Kris smiled and took the choke from Kain. They stood there for a while before back to the living room. Kain searched for something to read on Kris’ magazine collections.

“Architect, The Architect’s Newspaper, Architectural Digest, Architect Review, Blueprint, Building Design, DOMES, Frame, Junk Jet, Oris, Volume Magazine. Nope…. I don’t know anything about it. Next collection you have Bloomberg Businessweek, The Economist, Fortune, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, Chief Executive, Barron’s. Oh my…. I don’t want check it anymore” Kain let out of frustration. Kris smiled in amusement while he read Harvard Business Review this month.

          “You can go to my study, you will find books there. Just grab what you like to read” Kain scoffed.

          “As if I don’t know type of book you love to read”

          “You know?” Kris raised an eyebrow.

          “I saw you several times read motivation books and history books, the rest is about design and property like this” Kain pointed to the magazine collection. Kris shook his head and back to read.

          Kain eyes caught something in the highest place of the bookshelf.

          Photo album…. He thought and grabbed that.

          He flipped the album photo. The pictures there were old. He watched carefully, a little girl smiled in one of the picture. He smiled when he realized it must be the girl grew step, every important event in the girl life. He admitted that the girl or women in the pictures was really beautiful. Long black hair, sparkling brown eyes, shy smile, fair skin, S-line, in the elegant clothes. In the end he saw wedding photo there Kris and the girl stood beside each other, Kris and her made perfect couple. He read the line under the wedding photo. Kris Wu and Sehun Wu nee Oh.

          “Kain, did you find something interesting?” Kris looked up from his magazine. He widened his eyes when saw Kain was holding the album photo. Kris averted his gaze absolutely surprised.

          “Sorry, I didn’t …..” Kris cut him off.

          “It is okay, Kain. That’s my wife pictures. I just surprised” Kris smiled, smile that didn’t reach his eyes.

          “She is beautiful” Kain commented.

          Kris nodded.

          They left the conversation there. Kain put the album photo back and grabbed random magazine.

          “Kain, how could you read that?” Kris said casually, Kain suddenly realized it inversed. He smiled sheepishly. Kris put down his magazine and took a ship of his choke.

          "She is my wife, Wu Sehun nee Oh. You have read that under the photo, right?” Kain nodded.

          “I can’t tell you many things about her” Kris said.

          “No, Kris… You don’t need to tell me. Sorry to make you uncomfortable”

          “Because I never bothered to know her” Kris said quietly. Kain shook his head, he must heard wrong.

          “Daddy….” Lithc shouted. Kris and Kain stood from the couch and ran to the playing room. Kevin was there crying.

          “Kevin cries donno he cries” Lithc explained. Kris checked to Kevin.

          “Uwwhh…. Well he needs change. It’s okay Lithc. Kain there is ice cream and chocolate in fridge, how about we have some” Kain nodded and grabbed Lithc wrist. Kris brought Kevin up to the nursery and he wanted to change his diaper.

          “I guess you need bath young man. You smelled gross”

          “Gloss” Kevin giggled.

          “Gross” Kris repeated.

          They had good time to bath or it was Kevin that had idea to bath his father as well with soaking his clothes.

          “Here you go, little prince. Presentable, handsome and adorable” He cooed. They went to Kris’ room to change his soaked shirt.

          They joined Kain and Lithc. Kris gave few chocolate to Kevin, Kevin whined want the ice cream as well, but Kris shook his head. Kain laughed see their interaction.

          “That must be William” They promised to have lunch outside together. Kris opened his door to widen his eyes. He saw his father and his P.A also the bodyguards stood there brought several box. He blinked before open the door wider to allow them came in.

          “Father what is inside the boxes?”

          His father ignored him and made bee line to scoop his grandson after smiled to Kain and Lithc. He took seat and sat Kevin on his lap.

          “How is my Emperor Wu Cheng Xian doing?” Kris twitched. Wu Cheng Xian was Kevin’s Chinese name; Cheng means honest/sincere and Xian means bright. His in laws has no objection with it.

          “He is not Emperor” Kris snorted.

          “He is, crown prince of Wu and Oh will be the best Emperor ever. The best CEO better than his father or grandfathers” Kevin clapped his hands.

          “That’s right boy. You’re so smart” Kris snorted.

          “Oh… Almost forget. I bring you newest toys and books, you like it Emperor?”

          Kris touched his forehead. There… there… spoiled my son.

          “Rupert, bring the blue package here” He called his P.A. Kris took Kevin from his father lap when he had little difficult to take the huge package with one hand. His father smiled gratefully. His father then kneeled beside Lithc. The little boy looked up and smiled widely.

          “This is for you, Lithc” Kain wa about to resist, but he closed his mouth immediately. Kris’ glared was scary, but his father glared could make you soak your pants.

          Lithc looked at his father first, Kain nodded.

“Thank you” Lithc said happily. Kain help him to open the box.

“Wowh… I like it. Thank you”

His father gave Kris sign to follow him. Kris realized it was important. He left Kevin with Kain and Lithc. They went to his study, his father faced the window already. Kris walked to his father.

“What do you want to talk about father?”

“You don’t need to back to Korea. We have arranged the ceremony for Sehun”

“Father, I still want to go. I promised to Sehun I’ll come to see her. It’s also Kevin’s first birthday, I want bring him to visit her” Kris said.

“How is about Kevin? Kris, you know he had just recovered from pneumonia. Do you want to take risk?”

Kris didn’t give immediate answer. His father turned his back and walked to the door.

“Think wisely. I’ll support you no matter what, just decide the best”

          Kris dropped to his seat. He rubbed his eyes tiredly. His eyes caught frame in his table. Small smile graced his face.

          “Sehun… I wish we thought the same think” He said while his fingers traced Sehun’s picture.

          His father was playing with Lithc and Kevin, Kain was talking with his father’s P.A.

“No, Kevin. Don’t put this to your mouth” Kevin nodded, he seemed understand the word of don’t.

 His father looked up from the lego construction set.

“Really father, I can’t believe you buy lego for Kevin”

“Why do you sound amaze? It’s good for him that we introduce him early to the construction and building. He will be great architect or civil engineering. Right, Emperor Wu?” His father said firmly. Kevin tilted his head slightly but then nodded.

“Don’t poisoning my son this early” Kris grumbled.

“Oh… Don’t worry we have many material to do that. His father more than capable to poison him with design, don’t you think your magazine collections are all about this matter” His father smirked. Kris finally defeated and let his father helped to build the tower or he must said almost built it all by himself.

William came at lunch. Kain and Lithc went with him, Kris apologized because he couldn’t go because his father was there and he knew his father would prefer extravagant restaurant. His father loved to eat at quiet and private place, he was sure it would became awkward to them. In the end he ordered Italian food for them. Kevin took his nap after eat his meal, a bottle of milk and mash carrot with yogurt.

They went to Kris’ study after finish their lunch. His father grabbed a book from one of the bookshelf and made himself comfortable in the couch inside his study. Kris did the same and took seat before him. They read several pages before Kris put down the book.

“Father, I have decided” He waited for his father full attention.

His father marked the page and closed the book.

“My reason why I’m so adamant to go back to Seoul is I want Kevin feels closer to his mother. For us Kevin will come first, but father I have duty as husband too. That’s why I will held the ceremony here at 25 November same day as the ceremony 26 November at Seoul. And father, I lend your hand to handle everything in Seoul”

          His father smiled to him.

          “I’ll back for Kevin’s first birthday at 26 November”

          Kris nodded. They talked about Kevin’s progress and his father commented how smart him than his father. They played chest till Kris defeated, heck 3 hours with pawns, knight, king, queen. Thanks he did enough. After waited Kevin to wake from his nap and bid goodbye, his father went back to the hotel.

          While holding Kevin in his arm, Kris grabbed the album photo in the bookshelf on the living room that Kain saw before. They flipped the pages of pictures together. Kevin sat obediently in Kris' lap, he pointed on several pictures and Kris just nodded wherever Kevin gave some comment.

          I’ll bring Kevin to Seoul soon. I will bring our son to his mother