Just the Way You Are (GTae)

{DISCONTINUED} SNSD + BIGBANG = ONE SHOTS

 

Just The Way You Are - GTae
 
He remembers the day when she started crying when he joked that she was ugly. It was a routine; he would come home and say:" Hi, ugly!" And she would always reply: "Look into the mirror yourself, monster." 
 
It was the silliest thing to say, but they did it. After all, she was the kid leader and he was the mischievous dragon. 
 
But that day, G-Dragon was far from funny. Taeyeon burst into tears when he did the usual routine. 
 
He frowned with worry, rushing over to hug the sobbing girl. 
 
"I don't know why... I'm... Crying... But.... Am I really ugly?" She whimpered, pulling him closer. 
 
"No, sweetie. Of course not! You are the most beautiful woman on this universe. Don't cry..." He wiped her tears away lovingly, kissing her tear-stained cheeks. Her eyes returned to their normal, twinkly state and he smiled.
 
Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shinin'
 
She took one look at him, before blushing again, shyly letting her hair fall to cover her face. She was embarrassed for crying just now, since she hardly cried. Playing with her hair, Jiyong caressed Taeyeon's back lovingly. 
 
Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her tryin'
 
He had his suspicions, but he kept quiet. 
 
Then Taeyeon bought a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and finished it. No, not in a day, but in under 30 minutes. 
 
She was always one who loved ice cream, but she hardly finished the whole tub. 
 
Then one day, she cried again when Jiyong got back from the YG building. 
 
"Ji... Do you think I'm getting fatter?" She sniffed, in a cute manner like a little kid. 
 
"No, honey! Even if you were, I'll still love you just the way you are." He smiled, pinching her cheeks slightly before he kissed her. 
 
She's so beautiful
And I tell her everyday
 
Then, her period was one day late. She waved it off, joking that she was reaching menopause. 
 
But Jiyong knew better. Taeyeon was only 28, she couldn't be. Adding all the crying, the eating and the late period, he suspected. 
 
So the next day, he brought her to the doctor worriedly. She was worried too, he was still an idol and so was she, just not as active. 
 
Jiyong never forgets the day when the doctor grinned. 
 
"Congratulations! You're pregnant! You're expecting a child, Mr and Mrs Kwon." 
 
They let the truth sink in, before Jiyong grabbed his wife excitedly and planted a passionate kiss on her lips. 
 
-------------------------------
 
Then came the company part. 
 
SM was reluctant to let one of their best female singers take a year long absence. They knew that Taeyeon would probably leave for good later on.
 
The members supported Taeyeon greatly. It wasn't the first time this happened. Surprisingly, Yuri got pregnant with Youngbae's child, and she took a year long absence too. 
 
They saw how worked up Yuri was when she came back. Juggling the life of an idol and family life got her so stressed, she fainted at an awards ceremony. 
 
SM decided to keep SNSD as a group far out of the spotlight until later. They let their schedules become lighter and less hectic. 
 
For some reason, Taeyeon was glad they would do that. But Girls Generation was anything but girls. Out of 9 members, 3 were married and the rest dating. One had a child, and the rest were STILL acting like children. 
 
Taeyeon remembers when she spilled the beans to her members. Yuri started warning her about the pain ahead and Tiffany, who was happily married with Seunghyun, pouted, saying that she was stuck without a child for life. 
 
Overall, they took the news happily. Their dongsaengs from f(x) congratulated her and Krystal joked that Jessica would never give her a niece or nephew, much less get married. 
 
But YG was far from accepting. 
 
The whole country knew about Jiyong and Taeyeon. But no one knew that they were married. 
 
The news was that they were supposed to be dating. Both Taeyeon and Jiyong gained a good number of antis, but they stayed together. 
 
SM was more than willing to fabricate a story to explain Taeyeon's absence. But YG had other plans. 
 
They wanted Jiyong to travel as have another world tour with Big Bang. Now that his wife was pregnant, he declined. 
 
Then came the clash of the two companies. 
 
SM demanded that their marriage should be kept a secret, but YG wanted a huge press conference to tell the world. 
 
It took weeks, until Taeyeon was in her 5th month of pregnancy. Her stomach bulged, and she glowed positively. 
 
SM had no choice but to agree to it. The last they wanted was a scandal that Jiyong got her pregnant without getting married. 
 
So when the press conference was held and Taeyeon stepped out with the help of Jiyong, the whole nation gasped with shock. 
 
"I'm pregnant, and we're married. We hope you would understand why we kept out marriage under wraps," she whispered, her hand protectively placed on her stomach. 
 
"We're sorry for not telling, but it was for the best. We hope you can take care of us through this journey," Jiyong added, and the conference ended.
 
On the way back, she lay on his broad chest, hugging him tightly, protecting her stomach. 
 
He grinned, leaning forward to kiss her gently. Her glossed lips shone in the sun, making it seem like millions o tiny diamonds.
 
Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
 
"Jiyong, I love you." She whispered, hugging him while patting her tummy. 
 
"I love you too. Both of you," he grinned, placing his hand on we stomach and pretended to talk to the child. 
 
She laughed dorkily, but quickly covered . "I sound like an ahjumma," she frowned, pouting a little. 
 
Her laugh her laugh, she hates but I think it's so y
 
"No you don't. You sound y," he breathed, causing her to laugh again. 
 
-------------------------------
 
At month 7, Taeyeon started to feel the worst effects of pregnancy. She never felt nauseated, so it wasn't that bad. But her feet became swollen, her back aching, and her bladder constantly killing her. 
 
She was an emotional mess, one moment she was happy, the next angry, then suddenly sobbing. 
 
"Jiyong, am I fat?" She asked sadly, whimpering cutely. 
 
When I see you face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cos you're amazing
Just the way you are 
 
"No, you are radiant and pretty now, Taeng! Pregnancy suits you." He smiled, watching Taeyeon's face light up as she grinned back. 
 
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cos girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
 
Yuri gave her some tips and visited her daily with her 2 year old daughter, YoonMi, who was growing cutely. 
 
"Mama, why is aunt TaeTae growing fat?" The little girl asked, not knowing that Taeyeon's tears were threatening to fall. 
 
"Shush, YoonMi. She's not fat! She pregnant. I was once like this, you know. When I had you," Yuri cleared the situation, tickling the little girl. 
 
Jiyong watched as his wife placed a hand on her tummy, tears flowing freely. She was gorgeous, her face glowing. 
 
Oh, you know, you know, you know I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for, then just stay the same
So don't even bother asking if you look okay
You know I'll say
 
"Stop it. You're beautiful, even if you had 10 eyes." He whispered into her ear, clearing the tears. 
 
Cos girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
 
"I'm sorwee, aunt Taeng! You're pretty still. YoonMi didn't know that you were pwegnant." YoonMi hugged her aunt, clearly sorry. 
 
"It's ok, YoonMi. Aunt is just a bit emotional now." She replied, kissing the little girl's forehead. 
 
Jiyong watched his wife play with the little girl, wondering when he could do that with his own child. 
 
----------------------------
 
Then came the party. 
 
Sooyoung and Yoona wanted a surprise party for their kid leader, just when she was heavily pregnant at 8 months. 
 
They knew her delivery date was set in a few weeks time, but they wanted to take her mind off for some time.
 
Taeyeon wasn't coping well this month. She would stare at the readied bedroom for her child, and scream for the date to arrive. 
 
In other words, she was tired of waiting. 
 
Being the good husband, Jiyong tried his hardest to make her comfortable. He meticulously planned the party with his other 4 members and the 8 SNSD members. 
 
"YoonMi, where are we going?" Taeyeon giggled, as the little girl covered her eyes with a cloth.
 
"Patience, aunt Taengoo." She whispered in a cute voice, making the older girl laugh at her new found 'wisdom'. Sunny assisted the little girl and said," You'll know later, kid leader." 
 
"Appa!" The little girl shrieked after walking with Taeyeon for awhile. She let go of Taeyeon's hand, making her feel lost for a minute, being blindfolded and all. Sunny's comforting hand held her and she recovered quickly. 
 
"YoungBae oppa?" She asked uncertainly, when he held her shoulder. 
 
"Yup! Jiyong would kill me if I hold your hand, so wait a minute, Taeng." He replied, holding a giggling YoonMi. 
 
"Umma!" YoonMi shrieked again, after their short walk.
 
"Kwon Yuri, you better tell me where we're going! I'm pregnant and walking is really not advisable now." She frowned, feeling Yuri's comforting hands on her other shoulder. 
 
"Still old and grumpy, eh Taeng?" She replied wittily, cueing giggles from YoonMi as they led her further down. 
 
Later, she felt a different set of hands reach for her, this time boldly grasping her hand. 
 
"Yuri?" She asked, feeling uncertainly.
 
"Nope, just a soon to die Daesung and your favourite dongsaeng," Sooyoung smirked, smacking Daesung for holding Taeyeon's hand. 
 
"MERCY, SOO!" He cried out dramtically, as she slapped his back 
 
The bickering continued as they walked, and Taeyeon laughed at their relationship. 
 
Later, they stopped and Jessica, Tiffany and Seunghyun led her. The TopFany couple started talking cheesily and Jessica groaned. 
 
"I came here to walk with you, not hear you have cheesy ." She hissed, wishing that Taecyeon could at least be there. 
 
Next, Seungri and Seohyun came walking a tired Taeyeon. 
 
"Almost there, unnie!" She smiled encouragingly as Taeyeon's back started to ache.
 
Hyoyeon and Yoona were next, clutching Taeyeon grumpily. She was definitely blind now, but she could still hear their grumbles. She knew that Eunhyuk and Donghae couldn't make it. 
 
"We love you, Taeng. But seriously. Why today? If it was tomorrow we could see our boyfriends." Hyoyeon pouted, clearly upset. 
 
"I'm sorry. I really am," she answered sarcastically, since she was carrying an extra heavy weight along with her. 
 
Lastly, without a word, they handed her over to the last person. 
 
He- or she - held Taeyeon with the most comforting gestures. 
 
She smiled warmly, knowing who it was. "Jiyong..." She whispered, struggling to uncover her blindfold.
 
"Honey, I'm sorry for making you walk for so long," he apologized, helping her take the blindfold off. "This stupid thing is getting in the way," he hissed, impatiently untangling the cloth.
 
"What way?" She asked innocently, wincing as the bright sunlight entered her eyes. 
 
"The way to your soul," he replied cheesily, earning a smack from Taeyeon. 
 
"Come on, we have to get going. Your party is just there," he grinned, pulling her along. 
 
Instead of walking, Taeyeon stood still. Jiyong shrugged it off, thinking that she was pretending to be angry with him. He walked a few steps away, trying to lure her. 
 
Instead, he heard her say calmly,"Jiyong." 
 
"Yes dear?"
 
"My waterbag just broke." 
 
----------------------------------
 
He remembers how he turned around, shocked to see a puddle of water beneath Taeyeon. 
 
He didn't think twice, immediately launching Taeyeon in a bridal hold and dashing back to the house shouting for a car. 
 
Taeyeon was screaming in agony, the calm facade long gone. Cold sweat broke out from her pale face as she struggled to bear with the pain. 
 
The whole house was in a mess. Yuri grabbed YoonMi and gave her to a willing but worried Seohyun to care for and she rushed to the car with YoungBae in tow.
 
YoungBae fumbled with the keys, starting the car just as Jiyong closed the door with Taeyeon in his arms. 
 
"Calm down, guys. At least Taeyeon isn't swearing like Yuri last time," he smirked, racing his Ferrari down the road. 
 
Yuri wasn't listening; she kept Taeyeon sane by introducing the breathing exercise Taeyeon failed to learn. 
 
But she had to admit, it may have been helping Taeyeon a little, but not Jiyong. 
 
"Are you ok, Taeng? Do you need anything? Water?" He asked frantically. 
 
"I... Need... You... To... SHUTUP!" Taeyeon groaned, her patience long gone. 
 
"We're here! Go go Jiyong oppa!" Yuri shrieked as YoungBae pulled up at the hospital entrance. 
 
But Jiyong was already gone, carrying his groaning wife. 
 
-------------------------------
 
"Mummy... I want to see Aunt Tae!" YoonMi cried, as Yuri tried to assure her crying kid. She was scared that Taeyeon was dying, whimpering in everyone's arms. 
 
"She's fine, her baby is coming. You'll want a little dongsaeng, right?" She patted her head, stopping the tears. 
 
Everyone was there. The hallway was squashed with 7 gorgeous girls and 8 Hot guys. Even Eunhyuk, Donghae, Taecyeon and Sungmin had rushed to the hospital once their girlfriends called them. 
 
Taeyeon had been in labour for almost 12 hours now. Yuri winced as she remembered how she gave birth to YoonMi; it took her a full 24 hours. But she never regretted it, of course. 
 
Seohyun wasn't in the hallway, she joined Taeyeon in the operating theater since she was interested. 
 
The doors pushed open, causing all idols to stand up urgently and surround the doctor. 
 
He was shocked by their star presence, but recovered quickly. His next words caused them to hug each other and cheer. 
 
"Congratulations, it's a baby girl." 
 
------------------------------
 
They play in the yard, causing cries of laughter and joy to be heard, even in the far end of the house.
 
She was younger and definitely shorter than her unnie; but that didn't stop her from chasing after YoonMi.
 
Taeyeon smiled, watching her daughter, SeoYong, crawling. 
 
Months pass quickly, especially when you have a loving daughter and husband, and the support of 8 sisters. 
 
She never thought that she could become a parent. Not when her daughter was prematurely born by 3 weeks. 
 
She was tiny, and Taeyeon was scared she wouldn't pull through. Doctors assured her that she was a fighter, one that would. 
 
Jiyong was scared his surprise party would endanger his daughter. He cleared up the news with the press, aiming to be a better parent. 
 
But now it's been about a year and she's got her friends and Jiyong. Now, she was baby sitting YoonMi as Yuri and YoungBae went for a long needed date. 
 
"Aunt Tae, SeoYong is standing up on her own!" YoonMi shrieked excitedly, pulling Taeyeon out of her thoughts. 
 
She whipped her head around, only to see her daughter standing up and smiling widely. 
 
"OMO... JIYONG!" She cried out in delight, rushing over with YoonMi to hug her daughter. 
 
"Taeng?" He rushed out worriedly, but grinned when he saw his daughter. "SeoYong, daddy's clever girl!"
 
"YoonMi taught her, uncle Ji!" YoonMi tugged on his shirt, pouting since she didn't get any attention. 
 
"You girls are both clever," he amended, pulling them both up. 
 
They played under the sun, until the sun set and Yuri picked her daughter up. Jiyong constantly looked over to Taeyeon, mesmerized by her beauty. 
 
Girl you're amazing, 
Just the way you are
 
"I love you, Taeng. And our daughter." He whispered, after SeoYong slept. 
 
"I love you too, Jiyong." She whispered back, tracing his lips with her fingers. "Now go to sleep, before YG kicks you out tomorrow." 
 
------------------------------
Story request by gtaelover! 
Thankyou for your support and comments, welcome new subscribers! 
 
Spread the Soshibang love! 
 
-SNSDobsessions