019

It Started With a Scavenger Hunt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai and me were totally over now. We're just friends, Nara-shi. I don't have any feelings left for Kai. We are better if we'll remain friends. We both realized that. Nara-shi, Kai has his eyes on you. He likes you. He really, really likes you and he mean it. I hope you'll believe him—

 

“Earth to Nara,” A voice muttered her name. When she looked up, it was Mihyun snapping her finger in front of her face. “Dear alien, please stop possessing my best friend. I want her back here on earth.”

 

Nara snorted at her. “What the heck are you saying?”

 

Mihyun sat on her chair before she responded. “I was calling your name over and over again but it seems like you didn't hear me. I was worried you're being possessed.” She said. Nara blinked at her best friend. Only then she realized that some of their classmates had arrived while her being oblivious as to what was happening around her.

 

When she arrived at school so early than the usual time she would arrive, she headed straight to their classroom and spend the rest of the minutes thinking about what was happening last week—from Kai's confession to Krystal's arrival and down to Krystal's speech yesterday afternoon when they bumped into each other at the convenience store.

 

She sighed. “I saw Krystal yesterday when I went to buy ice cream.” She started. Then she went on telling her how Krystal explained about her friendship with Kai, and how Krystal wanted to be friends with her.

 

“So that explains everything.” Mihyun muttered after. “Krystal seems a nice girl to me. So I guess you shouldn't build a wall around you to keep her away. Be friends with her, but at least don't let her replace me as the new 'Nara's best friend'.”

 

She laughed. “Silly, I won't do that. No one can replace you, Mihyun-ah. But can you be friends with her, too?”

 

Mihyun beamed. “We can be friends with Krystal. I don't believe in the famous line 'three is a crowd'. And besides I believe Krystal was telling the truth. Not the whole truth, though. I believe she'll just let Kai explain to you the whole thing.”

 

She nodded. “You're right, Mihyun-ah. But what if I'll never see Kai today?”

 

“We'll go to the game practice later.” She said and she nodded, just as when the school bell rang.

-----

 

 

 

At lunch, Nara didn't see Kai and his buddies in the cafeteria. She was actually hoping they would see each other so they could talk, but it didn't happen. Instead, it was Krystal who came up to them again and they shared tables. She found out from Krystal that Kai had an urgent meeting with the team.

 

“Did he have his lunch already?” Nara asked aloud before she could stop.

 

Krystal flashed her a I-knew-it-you-care-for-him kind of smile. “Yeah, he did. He actually texted me if you're wondering how did I knew it.” She then shoved her phone out. “Here, you can check the message.”

 

Nara shook her head anxiously. “U-Uh, n-no need Krystal-shi.”

 

“Oh, it's okay. He wants you to know it too anyway.” Krystal said assuringly.

 

Blinking, she took the phone from her hand and read the message. Mihyun, who was sitting next to her, peeked in too. Krys, I couldn't come at lunch. Had an urgent meeti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter